Daum PotPlayer 1.6.56815

anuraag

PotPlayer - A freeware multimedia player published by Daum. Supports almost every available video formats out there. Player contains internal codecs and there is no need to install codecs manually. Other key features include Webcam/Analog/Digital TV devices support, gapless video playback, DXVA, live broadcasting. PotPlayer is a network of Daum's players have their own independent copyright, not by the original Mr. Jiang Longxi, KMPlayer by the original author of the independent development of the follow-up. Current (1428 or later) KMPlayer by the team responsible for the collective Pandora.TV Because the development of the same developers PotPlayer into the natural KMPlayer part of the essence.

Thanks to ARMOUR for the update.

Download

• Replies 10
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Portable PotPlayer Generator v3.x

https://sites.google.com/site/gbrtools/home/software/portable-potplayer/information

DL : https://sites.google.com/site/gbrtools/home/software/portable-potplayer/downloads-change-log

v3.2 :
PortablePotPlayerGenerator_v310.zip (MD5=2608AFFD4EEAC7CE13739C8EB793778E) :
Download
- 7 Oct 2015.

- Portable PotPlayer Generator change log -
- Borderless window and mono-space font.
- Minor cosmetic changes/fixes.

v3.1 :

PortablePotPlayerGenerator_v310.zip (MD5=49890E5AC479EA088675F43CBEF0F929) : Download
- 4 Oct 2015.

- UI with tabs.
- Minor cosmetic changes/fixes.

v3 :

PortablePotPlayerGenerator_v300.zip (MD5=46DCB04AECFF9D0B0CB116824DBCDCC9) : Download
- 2 Oct 2015.

- Complete rewrite using Autoit.
- Better UI.
- Optionally, install Open Codecs.
- Install log displayed in right pane.

- Portable PotPlayer Shortcut Generator change log -
- Send-To shortcuts added.
- Shortcuts are first deleted (if user selects delete options and then new shortcuts are created).
- If using Windows XP, shortcuts are created to the PotPlayerMiniXP exe files.
- If not using Windows XP, shortcuts are created to the PotPlayerMini exe files

- PortableApps format change log -
- If using Windows XP, the PotPlayerMiniXP exe files are run.
- If not using Windows XP, the PotPlayerMini exe files are run.

There is no need to search a portable PotPlayer or a portable creator of PotPlayer.

You easily can create it yourself:

Extract the setup file of PotPlayer to any folder using an extractor (e.g. 7-Zip). That's it.

To start using it double-click on PotPlayerMini(64).exe!

(This process also applies to VLC Player and KMPlayer)

Dear "retest",
How to exract it, I wrote in one sentence...
you gave links above, there are written explanation is confusing and incorroect; for example, it is written as follows:
"Create a file named PotPlayerMini.ini (PotPlayerMini64.ini for the 64-bit version) with the following contents:"
That is both incorrect and unnecessary, because on the 'right-clik > Preferences > General' has the option (box) below:
"Save settings in the '.ini' file"

^

AFAIK that leaves a lot of stuff in the registry and maybe a lot of shortcuts on desktop etc, maybe associations too.

IMO the portable generator is also simpler to use.

AFAIK that leaves a lot of stuff in the registry and maybe a lot of shortcuts on desktop etc, maybe associations too.

This is an urban legend. A portable program created extracting the setup file is no different from the portable program created in other ways. :)

IMO the portable generator is also simpler to use.

Which is simpler? To extract a file or to use a portable generator?

When you run PotPlayer the first time to create the ini file it creates keys in HKCU->Software->Daum and also possibly in HKLM.

I would prefer the portable generator.

It also creates portables from the installer at dvbsupport. You also won't end up with directories like $EXEDIR, $PLUGINSDIR, $TEMP in the PotPlayer directory.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I just decided to use PotPlayer the other day and after having big problems using the latest KMPlayer (who swore..??) I was a bit wary of installing a new player so I 7zip'd it and unpacked it into a folder but the above "$" folders, I renamed eg "$PLUGINS" to simply "plugins". The others I just left and it runs beautifully. I really like this PotPlayer... Yes it creates a reg key in HKCU for settings, which I saved for future use...

Al

Archived