Do you like the new looks of Hotmail/Outlook?

vitorio

• Replies 25
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you like the new looks of Hotmail/Outlook?

It was recently updated.

Thanks.

i'm sorry to ask, but is it the right place to post this?

Probably needs to be n the Software CHAT section.. they duplicate..bet its an honest mistake...

AND I will note here that Outlook.com has looked this way for around two - three years.. there have been minor changes...

BUT.. yes I do like the new look.. it is clean and uncluttered ( especially with AdBlock Plus... :P ) .. and much more efficient than a lot of other email servers..

my only complaint right now is with the Windows 10 Mail app.. there is no option to Empty a folder.. feel like I am playing a shooter game way back .. clicking that much... or hit by a yahoo bug / script.. with closing windows .. clickclickclickclickclickclickclick... LOL.. not so bad until you get a few hundred emails to clean up.. then it is better you just go online in the browser. Outlook 2016 does a good job though.

haven't seen it myself, i still use outlook 07 for all my email accounts... along with office 07 pro plus as it does all i need

Oh yeah there is still a web address for outlook... All the big Email providers have pushed their apps so much I never think to go to them in a browser but Outlook.com is nice and clean looking and definitely better than Yahoo imo. They should consider somehow putting a link to Outlook or at least to the MSN page in Edge for easier access like IE had.

You do know that the new tab page is a reflection of MSN which will sign you in to your connected MS Account... and if you go to MSN your tied into everything at the top of the page... Its actually built into Edge by default in several ways... and it will add a tile if you visit it often.

Have not had to login to any WebMail in a decade ever since I started using the undisputed king of e-mail clients — The Bat! Professional. ^_^

Have not had to login to any WebMail in a decade ever since I started using the undisputed king of e-mail clients — The Bat! Professional. ^_^

I mostly use Microsoft Outlook, but I had a look at the web interface and couldn't find any difference. :blink:

I haven't used my Microsoft account in years. Gmail all the way.

Gmail drives me nuts personally... the only reason I have a GMail account was originally to check out the services and the only reason I kept it wa in case someone only had gmail and needed chat.. BUT really chat has gone away for the most part.. ( maybe its just me.. ) there really are not a lot of people who use chat at all these days. Mostly text messages.. maybe a random facebook message, but if you know them on facebook it is likely that you have there phone number too.. so.. LOL

The only chat methods I use are Whasapp and Facebook Messenger. I've never used Gmail chat.

I prefer Gmail because it links with all of Google's services and that's pretty dang handy if you ask me.

• Administrator

Looks same here as before.

As for Gmail, I must mention that it's spam filter is great, I do not remember the last time I received any spam on it. Now about Gmail Chat, they have merged it with Google Hangouts, so, if you have Google Hangouts on your phone, you can chat with people who use Gmail's chat from the website. Something that even Outlook has done with Skype and Outlook.com website.

if I had a Droid based phone, I would probably use it.. but I use and integrate with Microsoft instead..

And DKT27 is right.. each service has integration of some sort or another... I am thinking, though what do iPhone, Mac users use?.. or is it Google.

• Administrator

I like it, seems more clean and minimalistic.

pleasing to the eye :)

Image: http://postimg.org/image/hl8u9qq1x/

I see. So this is how it looks. Reminds me of Windows Live Mail before it changed to Hotmail and then Outlook.com and so.

The new look must just now be rolling out wherever your at.. I remember this a long time ago.. unless I start using it before it was ready .. I have opted in for that on multiple occasions... If you change the color the top bar will change to one solid color...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

The transition of outlook.com to the Office 365 back-end has only gone out to a minority so far, explaining why few have seen it. It'll probably take MS many more months considering the hundreds of millions of users. To see what it's like:

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/outlookcom/first-look-outlook-com-on-office-365

That explains why I am yet to see it on my account.

Archived