[SOLVED] Original Dell power plan for the Dell Inspiron 15 3521 (2012)

compgen1534

Hi all,

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3521 with the following specs:

CPU : Core i3 Processor
RAM : 6gb
Hard drive : 400GB SSD

Until recently, I formatted my hard drive that had Windows 8.1 and installed Windows 10. However, when I go to the 'Power Options' in the Control Panel, the Dell power plan, originally installed in it when Dell first sold the laptop to me, is now no longer there.

Without it, my laptop running the 'Balanced' power plan drains battery faster than Type-2 diabetes !

If anyone here use the same laptop as me and still retain its original Dell power plan, can you please share me the file of it and how to install the plan ? If you dont have the file but still have the plan, can you screenshot every single configuration in its advanced settings so that I can create one myself ?

Thank you very much to anyone who helps me out

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have not you visited Dell's site? I also had a Dell lappy the last year, and the power plan installed over the net, after upgarde from Windows 7 to Windows 8.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-15-3521/drivers/simple

I did a full format and I forgot to realize I wasn't supposed to delete the OEM partition.

I'm checking over on their site right now

Edit: Yup checked and nothing there really relating to the battery. Maybe I missed something :)

@compgen1534 seems u need 2 install Intel Management Engine Interface Driver.

@ hawk007 u r not too attentive man,your link 4 wrong model (for 3521 but not 4 3251).

Keep open your internet, then visit this link in Windows Explorer.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers

Sometimes download few files (like my monitor's color profile) automatically.

@ hawk007 u r not too attentive man,your link 4 wrong model (for 3521 but not 4 3251).

Really? You checked by yourself my Link? He asked for Dell Inspiron 15 3521, link is the same.

I received the message that this computer contains a newer version of Intel Management Interface Driver so I already have that installed.

And yes I made a typo, it's 3521 :D

Thanks for letting me know.

--

Maybe since you have the dell battery program, can you PrintScreen a picture of the plan and maybe that would work?

Just thinkin' off the top of my head here. Thanks

Really? You checked by yourself my Link? He asked for Dell Inspiron 15 3521, link is the same.

be sure,i checked.topic starter just changed model number.

btw.i found 3251 model on local site also ;)

g4snmk8xdzoe.jpg

Maybe since you have the dell battery program, can you PrintScreen a picture of the plan and maybe that would work?

Just thinkin' off the top of my head here. Thanks

Sorry, I don't have this laptop with me. Some miscreants snatched this six month ago while I was on road; now have another one (ASUS).

Let me try that.

Downloading now.

Thanks for the help.

Edit--

Dude! Wow.. You did it!!! Thanks so much. I have the program now :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Over the next couple of days I'll continue to monitor the battery life but it seems like that's the program I've been looking for :D

Thank you!!!!!!

5ogvnTM.png

as a last word.

when tested 10th - problem was with wi-fi & Dolby advanced audio & i fixed it only when installed old version drivers from off.site but not integrated in OS.

Archived