Help with a build

LonePirate

I'm a first time pc builder, and i'd like opinions on my parts list if possible? I will be using the onboard video for now. I am NOT a gamer, I will be using the computer for running VMWare/Virtualbox, multi-tasking, normal everyday tasks and the occasional movie rip.

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a first time pc builder, and i'd like opinions on my parts list if possible? I will be using the onboard video for now. I am NOT a gamer, I will be using the computer for running VMWare/Virtualbox, multi-tasking, normal everyday tasks and the occasional movie rip.

If u r not a gamer look for a PC's prices in Best Buy,Costco ....first. Time to time-to buy ( in case we do not talkin' about a gaming) could be cheaper (or at least -equal) than to build. Btw. Christmas discounts r not too far ;) .Only one advice - Intel I5 & higher & 16Gb> of RAM.

All above-imo as usually.

I am set on building :D

i see.it's not about money saving.well man this case (if u wanna do it right of cource) start visitin' resources like Sonar recommended & read.

it will a little more difficult way (to choose good balanced components ) but if u r set-it could be interestin'.good luck anyway ;)

I am set on building :D

i see.it's not about money saving.well man this case (if u wanna do it right of cource) start visitin' resources like Sonar recommended & read.

it will a little more difficult way (to choose good balanced components ) but if u r set-it could be interestin'.good luck anyway ;)

Got a link for sonar?

Got a link for sonar?

meant recommended to u man :D,i'm not a PC builder.

btw .in your case to watch some reviews on youtube isn't worst idea,just use filter "this year/month" & go ahead ;)

how you can spend for your new PC and what do on new PC ?

Watch for creating bottlenecks.. especially similar to hardware bottlenecks created by PC manufacturers.. ust a good point to remember.. Your core is the motherboard and expansion is going to be key.. So I would get into the loop looking at what direction various components are taking.. Network cards.. video.. processors.. socket number .. If your going to build you are going to want the numbers to be correct ( no bottle necks and multiplied enough to handle operations in the necessary areas ), as well as retaining the ability to expand or upgrade components where necessary BUT so start at looking at numbers on a MOBO.. then look at processors that will fit on that motherboard.. and what future thy may have.. how many cores..so on.. RAM and available components.. one peice at a time.. ( and dont forget to get a badass case.. )You shoudl also remember that you want to be able to try to trnsfer files almost as fast as they can be read off the drive.. and you want to be able to do it even from a network location..

There are many considerations.. if I keep going on.. and things that should be forethought before a single pruchase is made...

I build thus

Ram

Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600

Case

Zalman Z1

Hard Drive

Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 - 1TB

VGA

GIGABYTE GV-N950OC-2GD, 2GB

CPU

Intel Xeon E3-1231v3

Motherboard