VirtualBox 5.0.6

jalaffa

VirtualBox is an application installed on an existing host operating system; within this application, additional operating systems can be loaded and run, each with its own virtual environment. For example, several Linux distributions can be hosted on a single machine running Windows XP; likewise, XP and Vista can run on a machine running Linux, and so on. There is a free for personal or evaluation use proprietary version and a GNU General Public License (GPL) version.

Thanks to Vandit for the update.

Download

• Replies 4
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No.. but you can do that with VirtualBOX including Linux and Mac OS X..as well as any version of Windows...

Windows XP Mode in Windows 7 is a completely different and standalone program/method for XP in Windows 7 only.. with two parts to the download... an image and the program if I remember correctly...

I would say VB is a better choice with more options especially with the Guest Additions ISO inserted and installed..

thunderpants

Yeh ,that's why i asked ,i remember trying xp mode a while ago and i though it used VirtualBOX.

But like you say i can use my own images in VirtualBOX,so it's all good

Right now I am waiting n El Capitan ISO for Intel PCs before I get Mac OSX.. it looks like I am going to have to run Yosemite and upgrade at this point.. This OS X in VB seems to be a little tricky.. I downloaded a 5 GB DMG file for El Capitan.. seems as though it was only the install app for it.. non bootable... and on top of that issues with loading .DMG files in VB it has to be converted and even at that.. it turns into a 14 GB ISO file... LOL.. been reading tons of articles to get it running..

Archived