[SOLVED] Lenovo ThinkPad Video Rendering Issue..

HX1

I worked on a laptop for a friend and the system runs great..
Lenovo ThinkPad (e555?)
I am not for sure exactly what model I know it has an AMD 2.4 GHz processor and 4GB of RAM came with Windows 8.1 Pro.. Installed Windows 10.. everything went fine until I went to return it..

They tried to run an MP4 video file and an AVI ( K-Lite installed and using MPC-HC as well as Movies and TV App..

The Video display works fine.. BUT when you try to load a video in a player it just sits there... Tried Windows Media Player as well.. I combed over the settings in MPC as well as K-Lite.. nothing seems to be the issue there.

Is this a driver issue?

Wondering if anyone here knows of any issues or methods of fixing this issue.. or if I simply need to enable Software GPU rendering in Internet Options.. ( and if that will even help the system when playing local files )

• Replies 3
  • Views 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

try Mirillis Splash PRO EX

good repack here (Rus,Eng,Ukr)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:d8f476b89fa862951335a6a151f4c9a6b78dd37c&amp

This has actually been solved...

I had them make a setting change in Internet Options>Advanced.. Changing the first option to use software rendering instead of GPU.. and all local files on the system begin playing after restarting the computer..

Problem solved...

This has actually been solved...

I had them make a setting change in Internet Options>Advanced.. Changing the first option to use software rendering instead of GPU.. and all local files on the system begin playing after restarting the computer..

Problem solved...

Purely for future reference, try using Daum potplayer, it has no needs for codecs, and plays pretty much anything you throw at it.

Confused how GPU Setttings, is under Internet options :o

Archived