Router Hardware Filtering

HX1

In my router I have the ability to block url's. They have to be entered one at a time, I have found a few lists out there and was wondering if there were any suggestions for these blocks ( url's ).. am thinking that blocking at router is good place to start for the whole network. Hosts blocks seem to cause an issue with my system.. PeerBlock has great lists but only works on one system.. Adguard works well. but still only for one system...

I actually am looking for an up to date list with the fewest, yet most effective blocks..

I would like to take blocking down to one Program or method so I am exploring some options. Also considered using some of OpenDNS filtering... with these list...

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a widespread myth on the internet highway that hardware packet auditing is superior to software blocking — actually, this sounds great . . . . . . . . . . only on paper.

In true life, nothing beats the granularity of a software like firewalls which can be employed to make one's system completely invisible — don't believe me . . . . . . . . just try blocking IDM calling home, using any form of hardware traffic auditing.

In my router I have the ability to block url's. They have to be entered one at a time, I have found a few lists out there and was wondering if there were any suggestions for these blocks ( url's ).. am thinking that blocking at router is good place to start for the whole network. Hosts blocks seem to cause an issue with my system.. PeerBlock has great lists but only works on one system.. Adguard works well. but still only for one system...

I actually am looking for an up to date list with the fewest, yet most effective blocks..

I would like to take blocking down to one Program or method so I am exploring some options. Also considered using some of OpenDNS filtering... with these list...

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/55959-ip-filter-downloader/page-19?do=findComment&comment=980509

Archived