StartIsBack++ 1.1.0

jalaffa

StartIsBack is a great way to relieve your (and your users) Windows 8 pain. StartIsBack returns Windows 8 a real fully featured start menu and start button, behaving exactly like the ones in Windows 7. StartIsBack radically improves desktop usability and makes new Start screen clutter-free. StartIsBack is fully native lightweight zero-privileges program, cheap and fair, fast, stable and secure. Boot to desktop; Original fully-featured Windows 7 start menu; Desktop and Modern interfaces clearly separated; Make Start screen clutter-free; Totally native; Rich customization and configuration; And More to come! Think of it as a transition path which Microsoft should have made for Windows 8. StartIsBack+ is the all-new version of StartIsBack for Windows 8.1. It's a FREE upgrade for all StartIsBack users. With Windows 10 StartIsBack++ is your pick.

Thanks to sternog for the update.

Download

• Replies 28
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does this program auto update itself?

If you dont change it in setting I believe it updates auto, sugest set i to never updates...

Oh, for crying out loud! It costs a measly $3!!!!!

Oh, for crying out loud! It costs a measly $3!!!!!

That's $2 too much for what it does... seriously.

Opinion; not fact. I've used it since Windows 8 and deem the 3 bucks well spent. I do not like Windows 10's start menu; that's why I purchased it in the first place.

This version provokes an error on the hard disk --» Win 10 Pro ( x64), (v.10240)

Be carefull when using it. Backups , backups, backups !

knowledge-Spammer

i have said that befor this program makes blue screen of death i used it one time on a older version never again older or newer version

I been using ClassicShell without any problems and was about to use StartIsBack++ for Win10 because i like the icons :lol:

But since there's a problems like BSOD's i think i will keep using ClassicShell

No BSOD here - more than a month since clean installation of Win 10. Of course, using legit version of StartIsBack++.

do you update windows?

I must say it's bullshit to people who get BSOD. i never get BSOD with this program ( legit user ), maybe the problem is your computer not this app.

One thing about using apps like these on windows 10 some may be using drivers close to windows 8.1 or windows 7 DX 11 and some be using new drivers that support DX 12 . I think most of the bugs were driver related any how . and even before windows 10 10240 when there were only preview builds these programs stop working in windows 10. They may have to update these programs to work on threshold 2 ? who knows ? but there is no such thing as a RTM build of windows 10 it will keep getting big updates.

People had problems with Classic Shell when it was still beta for windows 10 but I didn't . People had all kinds problems in windows 10 that i didn't but i had some they had . Just because you dont have a problem dont mean they dont exist.

Archived