Daum PotPlayer 1.6.56209

anuraag

PotPlayer - A freeware multimedia player published by Daum. Supports almost every available video formats out there. Player contains internal codecs and there is no need to install codecs manually. Other key features include Webcam/Analog/Digital TV devices support, gapless video playback, DXVA, live broadcasting. PotPlayer is a network of Daum's players have their own independent copyright, not by the original Mr. Jiang Longxi, KMPlayer by the original author of the independent development of the follow-up. Current (1428 or later) KMPlayer by the team responsible for the collective Pandora.TV Because the development of the same developers PotPlayer into the natural KMPlayer part of the essence.

Thanks to Astron for the update.

Download

• Replies 36
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Article 5 (Collection and Use of Data and Other Information)

• (1) Daum may collect and use data from the computer of Users as a part of its product support services that are provided to Users in connection with the Software. Data that may be collected solely include the type of computer and type of operating system used on the computer, memory capacity, type of graphic card, Directx version, media player version, type of webcam and TV reception card.
  • (2) Daum will use the above collected data only for the purpose of improving the Software or providing service or technology that is suitable to the user environment of the User and will not use such data for any other purposes.

https://potplayer.daum.net/publicRelation

Just block the app and installer with a firewall that way it dont set cookies in IE

You can get offline codecs from here

http://get.daum.net/PotPlayer/Codec/OpenCodecSetup.exe  x86http://get.daum.net/PotPlayer/Codec/OpenCodecSetup64.exe x64

If you want get dl codec online thorough the installer you need to block the site in IE cookies or just clean IE to remove the cookie after you're done

I would say never ever use IE :lol:

the bad thing about bro ie is some 3rd party programs still depend on IE to work and some programs can set cookies too IE . Its easy to block the sites cookies from setting in IE . You can set ie to ask for cookie permission and just block them when they ask i dont use ie but still have it installed to use with 3rd party programs. :)

• (1) Daum may collect and use data from the computer of Users as a part of its product support services that are provided to Users in connection with the Software. Data that may be collected solely include the type of computer and type of operating system used on the computer, memory capacity, type of graphic card, Directx version, media player version, type of webcam and TV reception card.
  • (2) Daum will use the above collected data only for the purpose of improving the Software or providing service or technology that is suitable to the user environment of the User and will not use such data for any other purposes.

Just block the app and installer with a firewall that way it dont set cookies in IE

http://get.daum.net/PotPlayer/Codec/OpenCodecSetup.exe  x86http://get.daum.net/PotPlayer/Codec/OpenCodecSetup64.exe x64

If you want get dl codec online thorough the installer you need to block the site in IE cookies or just clean IE to remove the cookie after you're done

Not that simple. I tried to block the program but it keeps calling home no matter what you do, give it a try and you'll see. I've tested it a bit and i was able to gather a bunch of IP's:

110.45.215.11323.51.235.27110.45.229.148114.108.157.233110.45.243.176211.244.82.10761.111.62.17561.111.62.65113.29.190.49110.45.243.115114.108.157.236

I blocked them all but it persists in calling home. The only way i was able to block the connection was by setting Medium filtering in Windows Firewall Control app. It must be using something else to call home, some other program or ports.

No wonder why people get paranoid by these software nowadays, a simple program like this and yet it goes around everything you do to trick it.

Not that simple. I tried to block the program but it keeps calling home no matter what you do, give it a try and you'll see. I've tested it a bit and i was able to gather a bunch of IP's:

110.45.215.11323.51.235.27110.45.229.148114.108.157.233110.45.243.176211.244.82.10761.111.62.17561.111.62.65113.29.190.49110.45.243.115114.108.157.236

I blocked them all but it persists in calling home. The only way i was able to block the connection was by setting Medium filtering in Windows Firewall Control app. It must be using something else to call home, some other program or ports.

No wonder why people get paranoid by these software nowadays, a simple program like this and yet it goes around everything you do to trick it.

Im using W10FC and i can ether block potplayer .exe or ips ether one and it dont leak ether way.. If internet is getting trough that's a problem with you're Firewall. Did you try blocking the ips and the port. the ip usesThats what I do with ips for this app.

tRowWqw.png

the way my Firewall works if it called out from anywhere else my firewall would tell me and if i missed a ip i would get a green arrow and it gives the ip and can I block it.

Which IP's and ports did you blocked?

There is 11 ips so far most of are port 443 but a few are port 80.

VQM1zSn.png

Only you need to block ips if you want to stream a video i can easy switch zones and fully block it .

yoO0yTk.png

;)

It seems to work with the firewall you're using, i've just tested it and it works BUT it doesn't with Windows Firewall or Windows Firewall Control.

Blocking PotPlayerMini64.exe does nothing, he calls home through a browser or something because i noticed when using your firewall it blocked Chrome alongside with the PotPlayer, at the same time.

If you create this:

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="PotPlayer" protocol=TCP dir=out remoteport=80,443 action=block program="C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\PotPlayerMini64.exe" enable=yes remoteip=110.45.215.55,114.108.157.198,61.111.62.65,110.45.229.148,110.45.243.176,110.45.215.113,113.29.190.49,110.45.243.115,61.111.62.175,203.133.172.29

it doesn't work, but if you remove the program path, which makes it block the ports on every program, like this:

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="PotPlayer2" protocol=TCP dir=out remoteport=80,443 action=block enable=yes remoteip=110.45.215.55,114.108.157.198,61.111.62.65,110.45.229.148,110.45.243.176,110.45.215.113,113.29.190.49,110.45.243.115,61.111.62.175,203.133.172.29,114.108.157.236

it does work, so i guess he's calling home through a browser or other program, idk which one tho.

It seems to work with the firewall you're using, i've just tested it and it works BUT it doesn't with Windows Firewall or Windows Firewall Control.

Blocking PotPlayerMini64.exe does nothing, he calls home through a browser or something because i noticed when using your firewall it blocked Chrome alongside with the PotPlayer, at the same time.

If you create this:

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="PotPlayer" protocol=TCP dir=out remoteport=80,443 action=block program="C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\PotPlayerMini64.exe" enable=yes remoteip=110.45.215.55,114.108.157.198,61.111.62.65,110.45.229.148,110.45.243.176,110.45.215.113,113.29.190.49,110.45.243.115,61.111.62.175,203.133.172.29

it doesn't work, but if you remove the program path, which makes it block the ports on every program, like this:

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="PotPlayer2" protocol=TCP dir=out remoteport=80,443 action=block enable=yes remoteip=110.45.215.55,114.108.157.198,61.111.62.65,110.45.229.148,110.45.243.176,110.45.215.113,113.29.190.49,110.45.243.115,61.111.62.175,203.133.172.29,114.108.157.236

it does work, so i guess he's calling home through a browser or other program, idk which one tho.

well I dont use Google chrome but with the firewall I use you can also see ips in you're browser and it would be listed as daum . all I have to do is reset the ip sniffer and it dont be calling home in cyberfox . If that were the case I would have make a new zone for my browser and block the ip there . But i dont have this problem.

When I test it with SRWare Iron witch is a chorme browser It dont call out ether in it it stays blocked .

Did you try blocking the exe inbound as well maybe its calling inbound as well? Ive dealt with Apps like Action! that attaches too other apps. im not having this problem with PotPlayer.

You're tiring to tell me that it doesn't work with Windows Firewall or Windows Firewall Control? Now you see why i switched to W10FC Plus a long time back . There whole lot things it can do others cant. :D

This is strange, i used this:

while using TcpLogView and it doesn't report nothing, that's good but if i open Fiddler and start PotPlayer it reports the connection to the daum website in both apps. I wanted to block this with Windows Firewall but it seems it won't work properly.

Did you try blocking the exe inbound as well maybe its calling inbound as well? Ive dealt with Apps like Action! that attaches too other apps. im not having this problem with PotPlayer.

You're tiring to tell me that it doesn't work with Windows Firewall or Windows Firewall Control? Now you see why i switched to W10FC Plus a long time back . There whole lot things it can do others cant. :D

Yes, i did. It persists in both Windows Firewall and WFC, tried everything in both apps but no luck, it doesn't report nothing on TcpLogView when Fiddler isn't open but i don't think that's correct because while using W10FC it doesn't show up nothing in Fiddler, like it's supposed to be.

Strange, tiny program, big headache. :rolleyes:

I don't like W10FC though, it feels complicated :P

I just tested it myself Windows firewall is not working fiddler says its not. i just blocked trough windows firewall it still called out but when i block with W10FC it dont call out lol . W10FC works :lol:

Windows Firewall is Lopping back 127.0.0.1

Yep, figured it out. Windows firewall is looping back and is communicating with some other service/program like i said previously.

It does something like PotPlayer > 127.0.0.1/localhost > other_program > Internet

and the reason why it didn't work whatever the settings were was because Windows Firewall doesn't block loopback communication. Well, shame... :lol:

Yep, figured it out. Windows firewall is looping back and is communicating with some other service/program like i said previously.

It does something like PotPlayer > 127.0.0.1/localhost > other_program > Internet

and the reason why it didn't work whatever the settings were was because Windows Firewall doesn't block loopback communication. Well, shame... :lol:

What O/S did you test windows these fw on ? win 10 ( I did) :P

Some people say they have trouble That IP is the loopback address, it sends any outgoing traffic right back to the machine it came from. with Microsoft ips too did you test these FW to see if not a problem for other things as well?

Yes i tested it in Windows 10.

I'm not sure about that, the thing is that it reported 127.0.0.1 on TcpLogView which is the loopback, but in Fiddler it sent the data anyway and i don't think it sends it back to our machine because it reported some IP's and ports in Fiddler.

Anyway after that i just setup WFC similar to the tips by dcs18 so only programs with an allow rule are allowed to connect to the internet and all is good, everything gets blocked except those i want to acess the internet.

Yes i tested it in Windows 10.

I'm not sure about that, the thing is that it reported 127.0.0.1 on TcpLogView which is the loopback, but in Fiddler it sent the data anyway and i don't think it sends it back to our machine because it reported some IP's and ports in Fiddler.

Anyway after that i just setup WFC similar to the tips by dcs18 so only programs with an allow rule are allowed to connect to the internet and all is good, everything gets blocked except those i want to acess the internet.

With my FW i dont have a issue with loop back so i can do it ether way I have a zone Potplayer I made with the 11 ips when I want to stream a video somewhere . And when just watching videos I just switch to deny all zone default. Same with anything else that dont require internet I never need to use ips . ;)

Fiddler comes up clean with nothing no ips as long as i block it fully with W10FC . But if I try to block it fully thorough WF only Fiddler will say it connected to some ips . If I block it trough both Fiddler comes up clean with nothing no ips . but it comes on W10FC as blocked as 127.0.0.1 instead just the ips like blocked with W10FC only. :unsure:

Thats were I found the loopback was when I block it with both.

Yea i know, but since i don't use streaming i just keep it offline. With WFC in "Medium Settings" there's also no loopback which makes me believe that the loopback with only the Windows Firewall isn't blocked and sends the data anyway. It uses another process/service or whatever to connect because while using WFC to not allow any outgoing connection (except those you want/allow) it doesn't show any loopback log, nothing, just like when i used your firewall (W10FC) nothing was logged because everything was blocked.

Yea i know, but since i don't use streaming i just keep it offline. With WFC in "Medium Settings" there's also no loopback which makes me believe that the loopback with only the Windows Firewall isn't blocked and sends the data anyway. It uses another process/service or whatever to connect because while using WFC to not allow any outgoing connection (except those you want/allow) it doesn't show any loopback log, nothing, just like when i used your firewall (W10FC) nothing was logged because everything was blocked.

The only way I ever used WFC was in Medium anyways back when I used it. Windows FW never fully works unless you switch it to block all traffic then you have to know the exact programs you want to allow. I ran Windows FW with success like this before but its very complicated . Because each program that you need to allow you have make a rule and it gives no warning . :lol: Windows FW only fully works if you go to proprieties in you're FW settings and switch it to block outbound as well. because by default it allows it. WFC does this for you it takes the geuss work out it but if you turn on low it enables outbound as well . You must set to medium to block outbound.

I use it alongside with my own .reg file which only allows "Core Networking" processes, nothing else. So i just create a rule for the things i want to use with Internet access. It's not that difficult, you just need to make a click on WFC and another click on the program you want to allow and voilá, internet access :P

Some programs require additional steps though but in the end it compensates you with your privacy and by not having all those programs logging you in the background.

I use it alongside with my own .reg file which only allows "Core Networking" processes, nothing else. So i just create a rule for the things i want to use with Internet access. It's not that difficult, you just need to make a click on WFC and another click on the program you want to allow and voilá, internet access :P

Some programs require additional steps though but in the end it compensates you with your privacy and by not having all those programs logging you in the background.

It was not that hard for me to use WF only with no 3rd party program but the last time I did it was when TU serial leaked and most never could get the concept I have like 4 ip sniffers . anyways with W10FC I dont need ip sniffers or regfiles or none of that its much more easy for me.

Really our problem was we didn't windows FW set to block outbound its not that it dont work . i really dont use it anymore so i was trying to reproduce you're problem and it was because windows FW is on default settings.

Archived