Firemin Debunked

player

With some testing and googling I say Firemin does not live up to its claim.
It reduces memory usage* on ram by dumping them to the page file on harddisk,

at the expense of performance lost whenever those memory has to be accessed again.
*memory usage reported by windows task manager is not the complete memory footprint of the process

some supporting posts:
(Clarified) Memory usage is exorbitant
Does Firemin really reduce Firefox ram usage?

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just want to report that the Firemin tutorial (which is more up to speed than those 2 old topics) has been working great for most of our members — those who could not derive mileage from Firemin can always use some other alternative . . . . . . make it work and then share the good work by creating a guide for others. RlW5CMh.gif

Check out an alternative to Firemin at post # 2051 — shall be more than willing to dump Firemin and embrace any alternative which is found scientific and not based on mere hearsay (looking forward to folks coming forward with a guide, soon.) F3h9xqz.gif

Check out an alternative to Firemin at post # 2051 shall be more than willing to dump Firemin and embrace any alternative which is found scientific and not based on mere hearsay (looking forward to folks coming forward with a guide, soon.) F3h9xqz.gif

I too used Firemin on your prompt regarding Firefox resource management. The next day I dumped it and didn't tell you thinking you may get angry about that. It minimizes the resource uses, that's true but browser became slower.

Check out an alternative to Firemin at post # 2051 shall be more than willing to dump Firemin and embrace any alternative which is found scientific and not based on mere hearsay (looking forward to folks coming forward with a guide, soon.) F3h9xqz.gif

I too used Firemin on your prompt regarding Firefox resource management. The next day I dumped it and didn't tell you thinking you may get angry about that. It minimizes the resource uses, that's true but browser became slower.

Why would I get angry — it is always better to discuss. :lol:

Maybe he was intimidated by your avatar ..... :tooth:

Maybe he was intimidated by your avatar ..... :tooth:

I know that imp better — BTW, check out the gremlins which he blames on Firemin. :P

Why would I get angry it is always better to discuss. :lol:
I always consider you as my big bro and for this a bro-ish fear is always there as if I do something wrong, you will go mad at me.

I've come to the conclusion that all the so called Fx memory remedies are snake-oil...If any of them worked Fx developers would be very interested because they don't seem to be able to make any significant improvements to its memory usage and they develop and create the thing and know its one of Fx's biggest bugbears.

I've come to the conclusion that all the so called Fx memory remedies are snake-oil...

including cleanmem which you have tested?

I've come to the conclusion that all the so called Fx memory remedies are snake-oil...

including cleanmem which you have tested?

Yes.

Archived