StartIsBack++ 1.0.2

jalaffa

StartIsBack is a great way to relieve your (and your users) Windows 8 pain. StartIsBack returns Windows 8 a real fully featured start menu and start button, behaving exactly like the ones in Windows 7. StartIsBack radically improves desktop usability and makes new Start screen clutter-free. StartIsBack is fully native lightweight zero-privileges program, cheap and fair, fast, stable and secure. Boot to desktop; Original fully-featured Windows 7 start menu; Desktop and Modern interfaces clearly separated; Make Start screen clutter-free; Totally native; Rich customization and configuration; And More to come! Think of it as a transition path which Microsoft should have made for Windows 8. StartIsBack+ is the all-new version of StartIsBack for Windows 8.1. It's a FREE upgrade for all StartIsBack users. With Windows 10 StartIsBack++ is your pick.

Thanks to ARMOUR and vanhoivo for the update.

Download

• Replies 21
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could not open "settings" in Windows 10 in version 1.01. Version 1.02 fixed that-thankfully.

Yes, after running sfc /scannow, after booting I would get a flashing screen. Fortunately, I had a restore point. I have not tried sfc scannow on the current version of SIB++.

The crack doesnt work the website is down or something the link i mean

The crack doesnt work the website is down or something the link i mean

try this patch -->

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/249315-startisback-10/?do=findComment&comment=959268

not tested by me since i have legit version

Tested, still working fine:

Importan notes: Choose Install for everyone, don't Install for me.

UMYVkPG.png

I would not mind using mind using one of these if they gave me different skins for a Windows 10 start menu . But really windows 7 start menu I'm tired of it. When I was on XP they had Vista Start menu and Windows 7 start menu replacement . And when on windows 8 there was none so if you wanted one you had too replace it with windows 7 style one. Now people are replacing Windows 10 one with a Win 7 one. I dont care if that's what they want, but how about a Win10 one you can change too with different skins.? :P

I been looking at that start menu over a decade. :blink:

Third-party start menus are more than just skins.

I know they are i used one for some years on windows 8.1 because it didn't have one . Its for people who dont like change and want to revert back to the way things was I knew how to run windows 8 without one but still used one. But anything you can't find on Windows 10 default start menu can be found by just right clicking on the start button . So why I want put a win7 one over it?

this program is called Start is Back++ they need change the name because in windows 10 it dont add nothing back it just replaces something new with something old .

someone there

StartIsBack++ in windows 10 more productive than the default one you find things fast and open them fast .

Newer isn`t always better for some mate. I`m personally just too used to the old menu style. It`s just more comfortable.

StartIsBack++ in windows 10 more productive than the default one you find things fast and open them fast .

Once you get use to windows 10 start menu its not ..It didn't take me long to figure out if i wanted to get old stuff just right click . But even if it were why not do one were just adds back the stuff they removed that looks like win 10 instead of win 7 look. That's one the biggest downfalls of windows 10 right now most apps look crappy on win 10 .

Once you get use to windows 10 start menu its not ..It didn't take me long to figure out if i wanted to get old stuff just right click .

Right click?

What do you mean? I can't right click.

Once you get use to windows 10 start menu its not ..It didn't take me long to figure out if i wanted to get old stuff just right click .

Right click?

What do you mean? I can't right click.

Lol you dont have a mouse with right click ? :D

old.png

someone there

Even with startisback++ installed you can right click on start button and raise the x context menu if you enable this option in advanced menu in startisback configuration menu.

The new start menu of windows 10 is just start screen of windows 8 resized to to desktop and looks very crowded with small font size and this is done 2 years back with start8 of stardock, they just clone the idea

I like SIB-I don't like Windows 10's start menu. It is my choice to use it. If one does not like SIB, get over it and move on.

Archived