StartIsBack++ 1.0.1

jalaffa

StartIsBack is a great way to relieve your (and your users) Windows 8 pain. StartIsBack returns Windows 8 a real fully featured start menu and start button, behaving exactly like the ones in Windows 7. StartIsBack radically improves desktop usability and makes new Start screen clutter-free. StartIsBack is fully native lightweight zero-privileges program, cheap and fair, fast, stable and secure. Boot to desktop; Original fully-featured Windows 7 start menu; Desktop and Modern interfaces clearly separated; Make Start screen clutter-free; Totally native; Rich customization and configuration; And More to come! Think of it as a transition path which Microsoft should have made for Windows 8. StartIsBack+ is the all-new version of StartIsBack for Windows 8.1. It's a FREE upgrade for all StartIsBack users.

Thanks to Astron for the update.

Download

• Replies 27
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, please fix the front page. It says that the cracks can be used instead of the official installer, that is incorrect for startisback++, the startisbackplusplus crack is a patch, not a full setup.

How does this compare to Classic shell whic I am am now using on Windows 10 and 8.1?

If you are asking about using in windows 10, I just installed Windows 10 today and have absolutely no issues with the new start menu. Just as easy as Windows 7 to find your away around, and you can easily modify it to suit your liking. So I see no need for startisback++, none whatsoever.

StartIsBack++ 1.0.1 Activator is not working on Windows 10 x64 :unsure:

fDMMzL5.png

It worked for me on 2 occasions so far.

fDMMzL5.png

Choosing " Install for everyone " during installation solves this.

fDMMzL5.png

Choosing " Install for everyone " during installation solves this.

Thank you, that fixed it. Working fine, now .... :D

@Progressive

it seems you have only patched StartIsBackCfg.exe?

You need to patch both dll files too else trial limitation will be remain there.

frontpage crack isn't proper for 1.0.1 as dll files are still old

1.0 contains dll version 4.0.0.1111

1.0.1 contains dll version 4.00.1121

Are you joking? It is clean.

Just scanned it , probably it will help paranoid users.

@Progressive

it seems you have only patched StartIsBackCfg.exe?

You need to patch both dll files too else trial limitation will be remain there.

frontpage crack isn't proper for 1.0.1 as dll files are still old

1.0 contains dll version 4.0.0.1111

1.0.1 contains dll version 4.00.1121

A lot times when change-log is just fix bugs just means they just nuked a fix . I tested fixes for this before Ive had them to come undone while using it. If you dont want to pay 3 dollars for a key just use Classic Shell for free they have a RC that works for windows 10.... but windows 10 already has a start menu . For windows 8 and 8.1 there's all kinds of start menu replacements .

hi guys thanks for pre-activeted program

you have this same my problem?

in control pannel i have this

2mxmv6c.jpg

i have the word "windows 7" down backup

I can't believe you guys find the need to use a third party start menu with Windows 10.

I love it how it is. It is great.

I can't believe you guys find the need to use a third party start menu with Windows 10.

One hundred and one percent agree with you!

this is NOT about if you guys like it or not; it's about the program itself

nobody is interested in who likes it and who doesn't

I see.

So, you just use the program whether you like it or not.

Good thinking.

I see.

So, you just use the program whether you like it or not.

Good thinking.

if you want to interpret what I say the way you do so be it.

All I'm saying is that other people actually like the program + that some are having problems installing it etc.

How does this compare to Classic shell whic I am am now using on Windows 10 and 8.1?

Classic Shell is better, faster and more customizable. The only winning point I might see for SiB is that for its particular look/skin, it might look a tiny bit better. However, you can fully customize Classic Shell and achieve excellent results, including skins and looks that SiB can never deliver. Sib is based on Windows 7/Microsoft code, and that is its limitation. Classic Shell uses its 100% own code, it has way more features and potential and you can do a million things more with it. Oh, and it's free.

MasterFaster

Properly (I think) cracked and repacked by ejay http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/247608-startisback-all-versions/?do=findComment&comment=964599

Note:

ejay's release is different (compared both pre-activated releases), different hashes and different files inside the 7z-sfx

ejay cracked the StartIsBack64.dll , StartIsBack32.dll and StartIsBackCfg.exe

in Progressive's pack the StartIsBack64.dll and StartIsBack32.dll are not cracked

also ejay disabled the update check by replacing the original file with 0-bytes file

Not tested by me (neither release).

New version 1.0.2 (for Windows 10):

Homepage:

http://www.startisback.com/

Changelogs:

• Version ++1.0.2 9 August 2015
  • Windows logo button on tablet always opens system menu
  • Fixed minor issues

Download:

Setup: https://s3.amazonaws.com/startisback/StartIsBackPlusPlus_setup.exePatch: https://app.box.com/s/xbwkc9zuem4y7nfivnhtxnio6ukvsz88 or http://proxy.nsanedown.com/proxy.php?file=startisbackplusplus_activator.rar (Tested, working fine)Trial Reset: http://proxy.nsanedown.com/proxy.php?file=StartIsBack-TR.rar (Not tested for this version)

Edited: I have just tested, patch (startisbackplusplus_activator) still working fine with this version (1.0.2) :)

KAUBm9p.png

Archived