StartIsBack++ 1.0

anuraag

StartIsBack is a great way to relieve your (and your users) Windows 8 pain. StartIsBack returns Windows 8 a real fully featured start menu and start button, behaving exactly like the ones in Windows 7. StartIsBack radically improves desktop usability and makes new Start screen clutter-free. StartIsBack is fully native lightweight zero-privileges program, cheap and fair, fast, stable and secure. Boot to desktop; Original fully-featured Windows 7 start menu; Desktop and Modern interfaces clearly separated; Make Start screen clutter-free; Totally native; Rich customization and configuration; And More to come! Think of it as a transition path which Microsoft should have made for Windows 8. StartIsBack+ is the all-new version of StartIsBack for Windows 8.1. It's a FREE upgrade for all StartIsBack users.

Thanks to rach for the update.

Download

• Replies 22
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It boils down to personal preference. Some like the new start menu, some do not. I personally find it aesthetically atrocious-looking., IMO. That's why I've been using this since Windows 8.

Cannot click "direct download link" on solidfiles or what? Lots of people downloaded and didn`t report any problem with my link.

can you show me how to use the patch?

when i run the patch, a dialogue box appears: "The operation was successful" but the program is still in trial mode (the countdown of trial days is still there).

thanks!

I get the error "nothing patched". Followed the instructions to the letter but can't get the patch to work the way it should

I get the error "nothing patched". Followed the instructions to the letter but can't get the patch to work the way it should

Boot your system in safe mode and then apply the patch.

I just install startisback, run it, then run the activator and now it says your license is activated in About window.

Found a working link for me here.

h**p://rghost.net/8DTYP2VkL

Tested and working NP. many 10x man ! :)

Boot your system in safe mode and then apply the patch.

applying the patch in safemode gives me the same error; doesn't work

finally managed to activate the program :)

I just completely removed the program, reinstalled after deleting a firewall rule and patching worked perfect now

I try many times with install for me only and the patch never work.

Select Install for Everyone, and the patch work for me.

This app is crap. Classic startmenu works like a charm. SIB doesn't work properly even with w8.1. The app freezes whenever a menu like devices and printers is expanded, but there is no issue with the patch.

yeah..LOL indeed. SIB works perfectly in all my 8.1 machine. Only crap machine refuse it.

Archived