Mozilla Firefox 40.0 Beta 2

jalaffa

Firefox is the award winning next generation browser from Mozilla. Firefox empowers you to browse faster, more safely, and more efficiently than with any other browser. Make the switch today - Firefox imports your Favorites, settings and other information, so you have nothing to lose. Stop annoying popup ads in their tracks with Firefox's built in popup blocker. View more than one web page in a single window with this time saving feature. Open links in the background so that they're ready for viewing when you're ready to read them. Built with your security in mind, Firefox keeps your computer safe from malicious spyware by not loading harmful ActiveX controls. A comprehensive set of privacy tools keep your online activity your business.

Thanks to sternog for the update.

Download

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The good news is that despite the warning, all those unsigned (and modded by self) add-ons continue to work fully (exactly as expected of Firefox.) F3h9xqz.gif

A screenie depicting the change pls.....

wHKPqe7.png

NoScript just released the RC4 which is now compliant with the Mozilla addon-signing requirement. ;)

The new RC5 just lost NoScript the addon-signing compliance - what the hell is happening? :unsure: :lol:

The good news is that despite the warning, all those unsigned (and modded by self) add-ons continue to work fully (exactly as expected of Firefox.) F3h9xqz.gif

A screenie depicting the change pls.....

wHKPqe7.png

NoScript just released the RC4 which is now compliant with the Mozilla addon-signing requirement. ;)
The new RC5 just lost NoScript the addon-signing compliance - what the hell is happening? :unsure: :lol:
:rofl:

I'm free of this - the stable atm doesn't poke for addon signing and nightly is non-signed addon compliant. :rockon:

Like all other problems prior to it, this is just a transitory issue — I am confident that there would be a working solution, soon (that is the entire point of preferring Firefox over its competitors.) :showoff:

EnglishLionheart

FF 40 x64 Beta 2 keeps crashing on me when I highlight some text and try to copy, cut etc

Its Fine here on the portable version ..Mabye you should try a clean install of it, there's so many changes to it that it could be anything and also x64 versions are still in beta tell 2016 . . Its hindering the devopler of CyberFox to do Beta 40 it caused application failure because of so much change in the code. ;)

FF 40 x64 Beta 2 keeps crashing on me when I highlight some text and try to copy, cut etc

Bug confirmed - it happens when only the cursor is used in a flowing action to select a few words.

Looks like Beta 3 should be just around the corner.

Same here <_<

Is the bug when u right- click context menu to copy or only while selecting the text it crashes? :think:

Before you even have a chance to right-click — the very moment you use the cursor exclusively in one flowing action while holding the the left-click.

The problem is solved when using the V40 Beta 1 (without any other change.)

Before you even have a chance to right-click — the very moment you use the cursor exclusively in one flowing action while holding the the left-click.

The problem is solved when using the V40 Beta 1 (without any other change.)

Interesting what abt lappy or a touch device (where u use a touchpad), happens on that too?

Don't have any laptop to confirm, ATM. :dunno:

Have also mailed an SOS to all my Customers to not install the Beta 2.

Tried with a new fresh profile? Is the bug reproduced even on that?

Oh yeah, have now innovated a new implementation for virgin profile adoption on-the-fly (without having to use any 3rd party resource.) :showoff:

Tried with a new fresh profile? Is the bug reproduced even on that?

Oh yeah, have now innovated a new implementation for virgin profile adoption on-the-fly (without having to use any 3rd party resource.) :showoff:

So what was the result - was the bug reproducible even on a fresh profile?

Oh yeah, approximately 87% of the time on a immaculately maintained core i7 (fresh profile) — meaning, on a lower-end hardware the crash probability would probably rise to nearly 100%.

Oh yeah, approximately 87% of the time on a immaculately maintained core i7 (fresh profile) — meaning, on a lower-end hardware the crash probability would probably rise to nearly 100%.

Did you try disabling e10s? somethings fix that way :lol:

This same bug had caused havoc in a previous production-cycle, last year — the workaround was to disable Hardware Acceleration.

Last time, it worked — this time, it does not. BTW, have not found any connection to s10, so far.

Last time, it worked — this time, it does not. BTW, have not found any connection to s10, so far.

oh....e10s still not arrived?

I am using something similar to the e10 — implemented long before Mozilla introduced it on the Nightlies.

EnglishLionheart

How odd, I installed FF 40 x64 Beta 1 over my existing buggy Beta 2 and still had the same highlighting problem of it crashing. Rather than a fresh install, I've installed FF 39 x64 Beta 7 over it, seems ok for now.

Google Encrypted search engine continues to work with Firefox 40 beta 2 — without being overridden by any of the other built-in search engines.

Was just trying-out the older V39 which uses the older Google search engine implementation, that had to be hacked on every Firefox update. :(

Glad to announce that the present modified Google search implementation holds its own and no longer needs to be hacked at every Firefox update. F3h9xqz.gif

Bug confirmed - it happens when only the cursor is used in a flowing action to select a few words.

It transpires that this bug was from IDM - not Firefox. A5qMhta.gif

What's new in version 6.23 Build 15?\

- Fixed the bug with text selection in Firefox extension

- Improved video recognition in Google Chrome

EnglishLionheart

It transpires that this bug was from IDM - not Firefox. A5qMhta.gif

What's new in version 6.23 Build 15?\

- Fixed the bug with text selection in Firefox extension

- Improved video recognition in Google Chrome

OMG lol, updated IDM 6.23 b15 :lol:

Archived