AX64 Time Machine 2.0.0.627

jalaffa

AX64 Time Machine is a backup and recovery software that enables a ridiculously easy and fast way to restore your PC to an earlier point in time. Time Machine allows to quickly recover from: disk failures, system crashes, virus infections, unwanted program installations, etc. It securely backs up all your files, and provides efficient means to find and retrieve any file from earlier point in time. Best of all, you can backup to any type of storage, including internal, external, and networked drives. Backup is automated, so you’ll never forget to do it, and you can even use AX64 Time Machine to keep multiple save points so you can hop back and forth through time.

Thanks to ARMOUR for the update.

Download

• Replies 21
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, you do know to be very careful with this application.

Do not rely on it. You might be disappointed when it comes time to do a restore.

I have been following its development for the last few years, and if you go to Wilders Security forums, you will find a lot of disgruntled people.

It's up to you. I just wanted to let you know.

I was given a free license, but it screwed my system up completely when I attempted a restore.

Luckily, I also had Macrium Reflect which has never failed me. EVER.

Been using the previous version for around 2 weeks Now, the baseline image and 6 snapshot configurations.

i have been switching back and forth beween snapshots without any problems thus far, restoring from windows

mainly (reboot) but have also restored from the boot cd. i am a rollback rx user/fan but the imaging issues with rollback

are yet to be resolved, hopfully when drivecloner rx 6 final is released i will be able to make fully working sector

backup images of rollback rx.

btw, tried most of the well know image programs to backup rollback rx, using hot or cold sector backup options, but the

restored image always has something NOT QUITE RIGHT upon restoration.

Use both. This is a BETA version so theres bound to be issues. It's for testing.

Essential to have another backup solution whilst testing the beta version. With AX64 release versions I'd still recommend an image software to be sure.

They haven't perfected it yet but I remain hopefull. <_< I preferred V1 even though V2 hasn't failed me yet.

This version is Beta.

IjBwYvk.png

It's what yo get when downloading the trial setup from their site. It appears both in their releases and beta folders. Unsure...

How long does it take to perfect a program? I quit following this a year ago??? 10 years to make it work correctly???? I'll stay with Macrium.

I think no one is having good results with this v.2.0.0.627 beta and I believe in a year ( maybe 2 ) ax64 time machine will be in good conditions ( or maybe never...! ). :lol:

Better not use this ( endless ) betas, they can give you a severe headache when your system gets messed up.........

And if you want to take the risk; make a good backup of your OS first, with Acronis or other reliable Backup-software.

november_ra1n

I think no one is having good results with this v.2.0.0.627 beta and I believe in a year ( maybe 2 ) ax64 time machine will be in good conditions ( or maybe never...! ). :lol:

Sory being off topic but....

It reminds me Greatest Elvis [its now or never] --- tomorrow will be too late! --- :rolleyes:

Song specially dedicate to RollBack Rx AX64 Time Machine

Ever since the original developer sold out this program, it's development has been pathetic and therefore far from perfection.

I was given a free license, but it screwed my system up completely when I attempted a restore.

Luckily, I also had Macrium Reflect which has never failed me. EVER.

You fallen for that i got a free license too but never used it ...Thanks for the heads up and I dont think I ever will unless they make a lot changes for the good :P

Airstream_Bill

That program will cause you GRIEF.

Ever since the original developer sold out this program,

it's development has been pathetic and therefore far from perfection.

:yes:

That program will cause you GRIEF.

Jumping on the bandwagon of slating a program or have you used these versions?

I'm using the latest stable version with no complaints. If people want reliable don't use buggy beta versions.

Quick update. AX64 is compatible with Win 10. We will continue testing against Win 10 until its official release.

Next, we're pleased to release an interim private beta - 2.0.0. Build 629. Please do not test bare metal restore. If you're interested in using this version, please shoot us a mail to « [email protected] ».

629 includes the following optimizations, features and bug fixes:
Feature: Restore window is a sub window of the main window after being launched from the browser
Feature: Delete message is part of the main window but should be part of the browser
Bug: Make AX64 backup to volume GUID and not drive letter
Bug: MSR restore sits on 100%
Bug: Windows 2003 Server Issues on backup
TASK: Remove hidden window. Send commands through another IPC.
Bug: Crash on Windows XP 64 while backup
Shoot us a mail to « [email protected] » if you wish to test this build.

Lastly, we're about 6-8 weeks with a build that included the revamped 'native app' restore. It's working well and restores are very fast.

Thanks!

Regards,

Wajamus

Archived