Windows 10 reservation Popup

kantry123

Wondering whether my multi-layer security is blocking the nag. yXZVmpE.gif

1AOxPi1.png

Oh yes, it is now, confirmed - have just identified the reason why I am not receiving the nag (one of my security systems is arresting that nag.) :showoff:
If you don't mind can you tell me which security system stopped that nag?

In my case, it was Method # 3 and Method # 4 which prevented a nag despite having KB3035583 installed on my system. :)

Process Lasso Pro was used for Method # 3 and Windows Firewall Control (WFC) was used for Method # 4. F3h9xqz.gif

• Replies 94
  • Views 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Akaneharuka

Microsoft forum moderator said

If you don’t see the Get Windows 10 app (the small Windows icon in your system tray), it might be because:

1. Your device isn’t up-to-date with at least Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update
  2. Windows Update is turned off or is not set to received updates automatically

3. You’ve blocked or uninstalled the necessary Windows Update functionality.

4. Your device is not running genuine Windows

5. Your device is running Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, or Windows RT/RT 8.1, which are excluded from this reservation offer.

6. Your device is managed as part of a school or business network. (Check with your IT administrator.)

7. PCs that we determine cannot run Windows 10 will not see the Get Windows 10 app before July 29th. After July 29th, we’ll enable the icon in the system tray. This is to help ensure that you can easily check your PC’s compatibility if you choose.

Running Windows Update and installing any available updates will fix the first 3 issues.

If you don’t think any of these conditions apply to you, and you’re still not seeing the icon, you can also try running the solution below, which will verify your device meets all the prerequisites and then turn on the Get Windows 10 app:

Btw, I got my free upgrade too :)

lcHON3T.jpg

zNSQoJW.jpg

Can I reserve even if I didn’t get a notification?

Yes. You can reserve your upgrade at any time on any compatible PC by clicking on the Get Windows 10 app or the Windows Update control panel.

Just open control panel and go to windows update and it`s there to reserve your copy of Windows 10.I`ve seen this on 5 Windows 7 PCs.

Windows 8.1 Pro, activated by phone method (with Skype), the notification icon does not appear.

What's going on ?????????

PS: With all Windows Updates installed.

• Phone Activation:

If you activate one of the leak MAK Keys you would not upgrade even if you do you can not activate, as my early understanding only valid Retail or OEM keys for Windows 7-8-81 will get you 1 year free upgrade.

However i believe even you are on Retail keys make sure key still valid another world not blocked by MS to order to gain upgrade and activate on Windows 10...!

I have some stock private non used retail keys as Windows 10 reach the Final stage i will test and share.............

I also remember upgrading from Windows 8 to 8.1 it was the same situation MAK keys for 8 was not compatible to 8.1 but valid Retail/OEM 8 keys was spot on for activation..

When and if any Windows 10 MAK keys are available i will share it with you guys, but to order to get original Windows 10 MAK Keys will take time consuming................

Last world i would not recommend any one rushing to upgrade without knowing circumstance about whether leak keys are suitable to activate unless you have your own Retail/OEM key in your hand cause upgrading is one thing activating for other...!

Reference:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/the-free-upgrade-to-windows-10-for-windows-7-oem/b622ef33-ac69-4ca1-b7d1-9aa08321809f
  • KMS Activation:

Before a new OS is released Microsoft normally changes the KMS protocol. That'll stop all KMS activation applications from working and i do not see any difference with Windows 10.

• Windows 7 Activated with DAZ Loader:

Windows 10 upgrade will write a new boot-loader Windows 7 OA loader activation will become non genuine and Windows 10 also!

Daz loader activated machines will become non-genuine when trying to upgrade.

I hope this little early my understanding statement will cure some of your wondering. Unfortunately none of us a magician time will tell & clear some of the question more to us.

qnbu2Z.jpg

===============================================================

Some Question & Answer you may need to know

Windows 10 DVD Disc / ISO / License Key:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/windows-10-dvd-disc-iso-license-key/0df52673-2764-4096-86ce-802a4213c40e?tab=question&status=AllReplies#tabs

===============================================================

Edit latest breaking news [rumor]:

Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium and those on the non Pro version of Windows 8.1 will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 Home for free

Source and suggested workaround: neowin.net

Thanks november_ra1n for explaining clearly. The bottom line is whether we, the users of windows 7 with leaked MAK keys and phone activation, should reserve Windows 10 now? Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

According to this.

http://www.intowindows.com/7-reasons-to-upgrade-to-windows-10/

# Free upgrade is available even for pirates

Not everyone is running pirated or non-legitimate Windows but there are millions users using pirated Windows. The good thing is that even users running pirated Windows 7/8.1 will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 but a watermark will appear on the desktop to alert the user that the version of Windows is not genuine.

So far 10240 is upgradiing even DAZ loader versions of Windows 7 and giving permanent activation...

Some Question & Answer you may need to know
Windows 10 DVD Disc / ISO / License Key:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/windows-10-dvd-disc-iso-license-key/0df52673-2764-4096-86ce-802a4213c40e?tab=question&status=AllReplies#tabs

==================================================================

Can I reserve update without notification?
Notifications are not issued for all devices at the same time, so it may be a delay before we can cover all relevant device. The following are other possible causes of the lack of notification about the update on your device:
Want to know which version of Windows is used? Do the following these steps
You are using a version of Windows Enterprise.
Your device is disabled Automatic Updates Windows.
Perhaps your product does not meet the minimum system requirements.
Your device is not connected to the Internet.
Your device is suitable for use of this offer, but we're still working on updates that can improve performance on such a device, in particular on obtaining a new driver.
If the offer is available on your device, you can book an upgrade to Windows 10, even if you do not see any notifications. To get started, just open the app Get Windows 10.
Workaround: If you are currently on Enterprise and want to get the windows 10 upgrade notification ---see post reply #28 >>
Tested was working for me..
==================================================================
Icon does not appear "Book Windows 10".
Create a file with the extension cmd. Copy this into it:
REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\UpgradeExperienceIndicators" /v UpgEx | findstr UpgExif "%errorlevel%" == "0" GOTO RunGWXreg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Appraiser" /v UtcOnetimeSend /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /fschtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser":CompatCheckRunningschtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" | findstr Readyif NOT "%errorlevel%" == "1" ping localhost >nul &goto :CompatCheckRunning:RunGWXschtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refreshgwxconfig"
Click File, and then Save As
In the File name box, change the file name to ReserveWin10.cmd
Then click the dropdown next to Save as type, and select All files (*.*)
Select the folder you would like to save the file to. For this example, let’s choose to save the file to the C:/Temp folder. Then click Save.
Open an elevated command prompt. (From the Start screen or Start menu, type Command Prompt in the search box, and then in the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and select Run as administrator.)
Finally, run the file from the location you saved to in Step 6. In this example, you would type the following in the Command Prompt window and hit Enter:
C:/Temp/10_Notification.cmd
The Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser can take 10 – 30 minutes to run, during which the script will continuously provide status reports that it is running. Please be patient.
If the script is failing in an infinite loop, then you don’t have the necessary prerequisite Windows Updates. Besides requiring Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update, you must also have installed:
For Windows 7 SP1:
KB3035583
KB2952664
For Windows 8.1 Update:
KB3035583
KB2976978

Windows 10 Notification.bat file download link:

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/P6TKNP7T/Windows_10_Notification.bat_links

November , It is possible to upgrade to Windows 10, who activated the Windows 8.1 with those MAK keys that were posted here in the forum?

Method # 1:--

• Uninstall KB3035583 and then hide it on Windows Update

Method 1 doesn't work if you use utilities to clean your computer a lot. Better to install KB3035583 and follow your other suggestions, but I suggest one little addition to the registry. The update wastes 30% CPU so that when you finally breakdown and install Windows 10 on your GWX slowed computer, it will be 30% faster with GWX removed. :rolleyes:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Gwx]"DisableGwx"=dword:00000001

or

reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Gwx /v “DisableGwx” /t REG_DWORD /d 00000001 /f

In the future, if you decide to re-enable the app and its icon, simply change the value of DisableGWX DWORD to 0 or delete the DWORD.

Method # 1:--

• Uninstall KB3035583 and then hide it on Windows Update
Method 1 doesn't work if you use utilities to clean your computer a lot. Better to install KB3035583 and follow your other suggestions, but I suggest one little addition to the registry. The update wastes 30% CPU so that when you finally breakdown and install Windows 10 on your GWX slowed computer, it will be 30% faster with GWX removed. :rolleyes:

Which utility did you use clean your computer, that seems to have caused Method # 1 to fail? yXZVmpE.gif

Although earlier GWX.exe was there in my sys too but now it seems they have dropped GWX.exe and added another one - gwxdetector.exe (See third image at Post #20)

Might be gud to include this as well :rolleyes:

Done!

I want to get rid of all these GWX scheduled tasks from the command prompt.

Anyone have a batch for all these tasks. Some I don't even have permission to delete?

November , It is possible to upgrade to Windows 10, who activated the Windows 8.1 with those MAK keys that were posted here in the forum?

Yes there is an instruction posted there ---------- How to Upgrade from Windows 7-8/8.1 or Windows 10 IP to Windows 10 RTM

Other Info -----------Windows 10 Build 10240 RTM

Got today windows 10 reserve message on windows 7 Pro.

It's safe to execute or, I do clean Install? Thanks.

Archived