Windows 10 reservation Popup

kantry123

• Replies 94
  • Views 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Windows 10: After the free upgrade, you can perform a clean install if needed

If you have a Windows 7 or 8 PC on July 29th, you will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. This free license will only be offered for one year, but what happens if you need to reinstall your OS? The good news is that the license Microsoft is providing will allow you to clean install Windows 10 on the same device at any time.

The news comes from Gabe Aul, the head of the Windows Insider program at Microsoft. For those who do not like upgrading their machines and prefer to clean install Windows every time a new version is released, this is good news for you. Gabe said the following on Twitter:

Once you upgrade W10 w/ the free upgrade offer you will able to clean reinstall Windows 10 on same device any time

i got it but i didn't click reserve yet, How do we all know they are not spying on u or hacking your PC, tracing your every move. For people that have none legit Windows. I'm going to wait for the very last day and moment to hit reserve then they wont be able to trace me Mahahahah B)

Those with desktops can just buy another hard disk or SSD, and try out windows 10 on another boot. I'm certainly not willing to lose my copy of windows 7 just to upgrade to 10. A lot of people will be fearful to upgrade to win 10 because they think they might lose their data or work, or that they will have hardware or software driver problems

I have two boxes with Windows 7x64 SP1 fully updated and activated with Bios mod and OEM key.

I did not receive any pop up yet. (Kbxxx83) installed.

Is it normal ?

I have two boxes with Windows 7x64 SP1 fully updated and activated with Bios mod and OEM key.

Is it normal ?

Nope, not normal - it is great to be able to block AdWare even though it is already installed in your system (bundled with Windows Update.)

FWIW, I am a huge believer of the multi-layer strategy.

Mine is Dell PC and legitimate win 7 Ultimate edition but no pop up for upgrade yet,any clue?

Mine is Dell PC and legitimate win 7 Ultimate edition but no pop up for upgrade yet,any clue?

What seems to be your desire . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . pop-ups???

Get me on TeamViewer - I'll deliver you pop-ups that will dog you for the next 7 generations. :D

My desire is free upgrade and not get pop ups for my next 70 generations because I know if I allow T/W to you then chances are there to get 10 folds of pop ups for 10X7 gens of mine :D

I have been doing some searching as to why I am not seeing the Update icon. I am linked to Server 2012R2 Essentials. It would seem that may be the issue.

My PCs that have received the icon are not linked.

If you currently are running Enterprise version of Windows - you are not supposed to get those update notifications.

However there is a workaround you can use (at least until MS blocks it).

If you currently are running Enterprise version of Windows - you are not supposed to get those update notifications.

I don't have the Enterprise Edition - but I do have WMC.

The registry key shows 'with Media Center' - so maybe it is that.

I do know I'll lose Media Center when I move to 10 - but on this PC that is not a problem.

I don't have the Enterprise Edition - but I do have WMC.

The registry key shows 'with Media Center' - so maybe it is that.

I do know I'll lose Media Center when I move to 10 - but on this PC that is not a problem.

My post wasn't directed to you particularly (I didn't quote your post, right ?), but to those running Enterprise version.

You are not the only person using this thread. :)

If you are currently on Enterprise and want to get the windows 10 upgrade notification...

Note the following values in the registry BEFORE editing.

1. Open registry editor (run regedit.exe) and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE-

>Microsoft->Windows NT->then click on Current version

- Double click on Product name and change to Windows 8.1 Professional

- Double click EditionID and change to Professional

2. Now navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->WOW6432Node-> Microsoft ->Windows NT-> then click on current version

- Do the same as what you did in steps 2 and 3

3. Close regedit (You don't have to restart your computer).

4. Open Windows Update. Check for updates. Install the KB303... update.

5. Run C:\Windows\System32\GWX\GWX.exe (if not starts automatically the upgrade notification)

Wait some moments.

When you see a white window icon on your system tray, click it.

Enter e-mail.

6. Go back to the registry and change the values back to what they were.

Let me repeat my question here :

Just wondering ..... could this tip be used in order to receive Win 10 PRO while running currently legit version of Win 7 Home Premium ? g.gif confused.gif

november_ra1n
Some Question & Answer you may need to know
Windows 10 DVD Disc / ISO / License Key:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/windows-10-dvd-disc-iso-license-key/0df52673-2764-4096-86ce-802a4213c40e?tab=question&status=AllReplies#tabs

==================================================================

Can I reserve update without notification?
Notifications are not issued for all devices at the same time, so it may be a delay before we can cover all relevant device. The following are other possible causes of the lack of notification about the update on your device:
Want to know which version of Windows is used? Do the following these steps
You are using a version of Windows Enterprise.
Your device is disabled Automatic Updates Windows.
Perhaps your product does not meet the minimum system requirements.
Your device is not connected to the Internet.
Your device is suitable for use of this offer, but we're still working on updates that can improve performance on such a device, in particular on obtaining a new driver.
If the offer is available on your device, you can book an upgrade to Windows 10, even if you do not see any notifications. To get started, just open the app Get Windows 10.
Workaround: If you are currently on Enterprise and want to get the windows 10 upgrade notification ---see post reply #28 >>
Tested was working for me..
==================================================================
Icon does not appear "Book Windows 10".
Create a file with the extension cmd. Copy this into it:
REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\UpgradeExperienceIndicators" /v UpgEx | findstr UpgExif "%errorlevel%" == "0" GOTO RunGWXreg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Appraiser" /v UtcOnetimeSend /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /fschtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser":CompatCheckRunningschtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" | findstr Readyif NOT "%errorlevel%" == "1" ping localhost >nul &goto :CompatCheckRunning:RunGWXschtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refreshgwxconfig"
Click File, and then Save As
In the File name box, change the file name to ReserveWin10.cmd
Then click the dropdown next to Save as type, and select All files (*.*)
Select the folder you would like to save the file to. For this example, let’s choose to save the file to the C:/Temp folder. Then click Save.
Open an elevated command prompt. (From the Start screen or Start menu, type Command Prompt in the search box, and then in the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and select Run as administrator.)
Finally, run the file from the location you saved to in Step 6. In this example, you would type the following in the Command Prompt window and hit Enter:
C:/Temp/10_Notification.cmd
The Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser can take 10 – 30 minutes to run, during which the script will continuously provide status reports that it is running. Please be patient.
If the script is failing in an infinite loop, then you don’t have the necessary prerequisite Windows Updates. Besides requiring Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update, you must also have installed:
For Windows 7 SP1:
KB3035583
KB2952664
For Windows 8.1 Update:
KB3035583
KB2976978

Windows 10 Notification.bat file download link:

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/P6TKNP7T/Windows_10_Notification.bat_links

Those with desktops can just buy another hard disk or SSD, and try out windows 10 on another boot. I'm certainly not willing to lose my copy of windows 7 just to upgrade to 10. A lot of people will be fearful to upgrade to win 10 because they think they might lose their data or work, or that they will have hardware or software driver problems

:D something as what i was thinking of doing. Good plan which as good for all to do if worried

:D something as what i was thinking of doing. Good plan which as good for all to do if worried

Yea, even at Nsane we're still not completely clear about this free upgrade, can u imagine those who hardly know anything about computers? Also, I don't know how businesses are going to view windows 10. Many major corporations like banks still use windows XP. Each time they upgrade to a different OS platform, time and costs are involved. Sometimes even a ERP project is necessary. I cannot imagine those companies that spent big $$ upgrading systems from XP to 7, then 8, then 8.1, now 10!

pashamangl

you are talking about losing data from other win versions but i'm sure you all know how to use acronis backup and protect your disk.

so i;m wondering why are you afraid to update to win10?

stormxeron

I am new to this forum but i was the old user of 7pm tech. Is that site down or what? Okay, I activated the windows 8 pro with wmc by using the keys(from 7pmtech) and skype and then I successfully upgraded to 8.1 without any error. Now windows 10 will be out in a few days and a notification just popped saying to reserve and i did reserved it successfully!

My question is:

Will I get genuine copy of Windows 10 pro based on the fact that I was able to upgrade from Win 8 to 8.1 pro without disturbing the genuinity?

Thanks!

Now windows 10 will be out in a few days and a notification just popped saying to reserve and i did reserved it successfully!

I am beginning to have a heightened sense of feeling that folks are finding themselves fortunate to be receiving what strikes my mind as a blatant adware that has exploited most folks' systems . . . . . . . . . . . . . successfully - or perhaps, I am alone on this. yXZVmpE.gif

Will I get genuine copy of Windows 10 pro based on the fact that I was able to upgrade from Win 8 to 8.1 pro without disturbing the genuinity?

Thanks!

Short answer, no - not this time! h4CvlGL.gif

Is it normal ?

Nope, not normal - it is great to be able to block AdWare even though it is already installed in your system (bundled with Windows Update.)

FWIW, I am a huge believer of the multi-layer strategy.

Got it today after applying the cmd script given by November_ra1n :)

Now it's time to block or remove those sypwares... :)

(Telemetry and others)

november_ra1n

Check the new Windows 10 Rollback feature

How to recover / restore your previous version of Windows using the Rollback feature - Revised March 24th, 2015:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-recover-restore-your-previous-version-of/76b6750c-5bb2-40bc-a7e3-f03cec62338b

So, I do have the Get Windows 10 icon on my Win 8.1 Pro. Should I remove it (KB3035583) and GWX.EXE,? I mean, if I do, can I decide to get the upgrade free after people have had 6 months to do it. One thing I do not like is that it seems like MS will update Win 10 whenever they want and gives you no control over what gets added.

Wondering whether my multi-layer security is blocking the nag. yXZVmpE.gif

1AOxPi1.png

Oh yes, it is now, confirmed - have just identified the reason why I am not receiving the nag (one of my security systems is arresting that nag.) :showoff:

If you don't mind can you tell me which security system stopped that nag?

Archived