Windows 10 reservation Popup

kantry123

jimbojet2011

Yep got it too a free Windows 10 reservation

• Replies 94
  • Views 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dam it.Windows Media Center will be killed off in Windows 10 upgrade.Now I want be able to use my tv tuner.Please be aware of this change.

KB3035583 remove this update

run the update again

and you will get to install KB3035583 just occult the update

Airstream_Bill

is there anyway to disable this?

as its howing on every BOOT

regards

To do this, launch Control Panel, click on Programs > Programs and Features, and in the left side of the screen hit the “View installed updates” section.
Look for KB3035583 in the list, right-click it and hit the remove option. If you don’t want to be bothered again in the future, just hide it and no other notifications will be displayed because the update won’t be installed again on your PC.
What’s KB3035583?

According to Microsoft, KB3035583 is an update that “enables additional capabilities for Windows Update notifications in Windows 8.1 and Windows 7.” The company, however, isn’t saying anything about Windows 10, so it’s hard to consider it an upgrade notification for Windows 10.

PS: I have Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 and don't have this in my installed windows update yet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kb3035583 - Standalone Installation [Windows 8.1]:

x86

x64

I just uninstalled that update. If one scans for updates again it will off to put it back in. Everyone probably already knows that. The Files are in Windows\System32\GWX Folder. May as well just hide it and leave it run I guess.

"Those who don't want to see the notification in their taskbar can remove it by clicking on the 'customise' button from the taskbar and choosing 'hide icon and notifications' for the Windows 10 update icon, which has the abbreviation GWX (Get Windows 10)."

How to block Windows 10 Upgrade notifications in earlier versions of Windows
http://www.ghacks.net/2015/06/01/how-to-block-the-windows-10-update-notification-in-earlier-versions-of-windows/

Windows 7 and 8.1 users who have started their system today may have noticed a new update notification in the operating system's system tray area that allows them to reserve an upgrade to Microsoft's upcoming operating system Windows 10.

Microsoft Windows 10 will be offered as a free upgrade to systems running a genuine version of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, and the update notification is part of Microsoft's effort to notify users about the offer and get as many users as possible to upgrade to Windows 10. The company pushed out several updates for Windows 7 and Windows 8 in previous months that prepare systems running those operating systems for Windows 10.

We have compiled the list of updates for Windows 7 and 8 which you may want to check out for additional information.

windows-10-notification.jpg

The upgrade notification displayed today on systems running previous versions of Windows 10 allows users to register for the upgrade.

windows-10-upgrade.jpg

The upgrade process itself has two steps of which only the first is currently available.

1. Reserve - Reserve your FREE upgrade to Windows 10 now. It will download once available, and you can cancel your reservation at any time.
  2. Install - You'll get a notification after Windows 10 is downloaded to your device. Install it right away or pick a time that's good for you.

Note: If you reserve the upgrade, Windows 10 will be downloaded automatically to the system when it becomes available. The operating system has a size of several Gigabytes and may take some time to download.

The only option provided once the download completes is to decide when to install it. You may install it right after the download finishes or at a later point in time.

If you want to download an ISO image instead, this is not the right option for you.

Reserving makes little sense at this point in time. First, Windows 10 is not available and when it becomes available so will direct download options to create installation discs or move the installer on USB Flash drives which provide you with better options when it comes to the installation of the operating system.

Even if you are interested in upgrading to Windows 10, you may want to wait days, weeks or even months before you do so to avoid launch issues.

Since you do have 12 months to upgrade to Windows 10 for free, there is no real need to rush the upgrade unless you cannot wait to use the Windows 10 operating system.

Blocking upgrades

If you don't want to upgrade to Windows 10, or are indecisive right now, you may want to block updates and the Windows updates that are responsible for displaying the update notification on the system.

The first thing you need to do is remove updates that power these notifications. This is done in the following way:

1. Tap on the Windows-key on the keyboard, type programs and features, and hit enter. This opens the list of software installed on the system.
  2. Switch to "view installed updates" on the left side of the window.
  3. If you are using Windows 7, locate the following updates: 3035583, 2952664, 3021917
  4. If you are using Windows 8, locate the following updates: 3035583, 2976978
  5. Right-click one update after the other and select uninstall from the context menu.
  6. Select Restart Later when the prompt appears and remove all updates first from the system.
  7. Once done, restart the computer to complete the process.

uninstall-windows-updates.jpg

Once you are done, it is important that you block these updates from being found and installed again by Windows Update. If you don't do this and have automatic updates enabled, they may be installed again on the system.

To block these updates, do the following:

1. Tap on the Windows-key, type Windows Update, and hit enter.
  2. This should open the Windows Update dialog.
  3. Select "check for updates" to find new updates to install on the system. Windows should find the updates listed above again.
  4. Click on the "important update is available" link.
  5. Right-click each of the listed updates above that are listed on the page and select hide update from the context menu.
  6. This blocks the update from being installed on the system.

block-updates.jpg

Once you are done, Windows 10 update notifications should not appear anymore on your system.

Since Microsoft is adamant about deploying Windows 10 on our system/s whether we like it or not and especially since they have been improvising their deployment to beat counter-measures, this tip has now been shifted to The Playground where it will be updated regularly.

Windows 8.1 Pro, activated by phone method (with Skype), the notification icon does not appear.

What's going on ?????????

PS: With all Windows Updates installed.

november_ra1n

Windows 8.1 Pro, activated by phone method (with Skype), the notification icon does not appear.

What's going on ?????????

PS: With all Windows Updates installed.

• Phone Activation:

If you activate one of the leak MAK Keys you would not upgrade even if you do you can not activate, as my early understanding only valid Retail or OEM keys for Windows 7-8-81 will get you 1 year free upgrade.

However i believe even you are on Retail keys make sure key still valid another world not blocked by MS to order to gain upgrade and activate on Windows 10...!

I have some stock private non used retail keys as Windows 10 reach the Final stage i will test and share.............

I also remember upgrading from Windows 8 to 8.1 it was the same situation MAK keys for 8 was not compatible to 8.1 but valid Retail/OEM 8 keys was spot on for activation..

When and if any Windows 10 MAK keys are available i will share it with you guys, but to order to get original Windows 10 MAK Keys will take time consuming................

Last world i would not recommend any one rushing to upgrade without knowing circumstance about whether leak keys are suitable to activate unless you have your own Retail/OEM key in your hand cause upgrading is one thing activating for other...!

Reference:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/the-free-upgrade-to-windows-10-for-windows-7-oem/b622ef33-ac69-4ca1-b7d1-9aa08321809f
  • KMS Activation:

Before a new OS is released Microsoft normally changes the KMS protocol. That'll stop all KMS activation applications from working and i do not see any difference with Windows 10.

• Windows 7 Activated with DAZ Loader:

Windows 10 upgrade will write a new boot-loader Windows 7 OA loader activation will become non genuine and Windows 10 also!

Daz loader activated machines will become non-genuine when trying to upgrade.

I hope this little early my understanding statement will cure some of your wondering. Unfortunately none of us a magician time will tell & clear some of the question more to us.

qnbu2Z.jpg

===============================================================

Some Question & Answer you may need to know

Windows 10 DVD Disc / ISO / License Key:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/windows-10-dvd-disc-iso-license-key/0df52673-2764-4096-86ce-802a4213c40e?tab=question&status=AllReplies#tabs

===============================================================

Edit latest breaking news [rumor]:

Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium and those on the non Pro version of Windows 8.1 will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 Home for free

Source and suggested workaround: neowin.net

I have the Update installed but have not had a notification.

This PC was originally activated using a KMS but then upgraded with an MS media centre key.

However my Surface has the update and the notification!

november_ra1n

This PC was originally activated using a KMS but then upgraded with an MS media centre key.

Before a new OS is released Microsoft normally changes the KMS protocol. That'll stop all KMS activation applications from working and i do not see any difference with Windows 10.

Indeed, but as I then upgraded with the Media Centre key - it should show up as a retail upgraded - shouldn't it?

november_ra1n

Indeed, but as I then upgraded with the Media Centre key - it should show up as a retail upgraded - shouldn't it?

As far as i know Windows 10 has excluded WMC Edition, i have a doubt you will get there with the WMC key. However as i have said it is too early to speculate the full story, time will tell more about it.

november_ra1n

This free upgrade is only activated/good for 1 year?

MS says ---Once you’ve claimed the upgrade, it's permanent, and Microsoft will keep you updated for the supported lifetime of the device.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/windows-10-once-youve-claimed-the-upgrade-its/011a6b72-7ccb-4a6b-a0db-ade1c4a5d0bb 

However we still dont know what the "supported lifetime" of Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 means yet!

Thanks for clearing that up.For now I`m just going to upgrade my Windows 8.1 tablet.My HP PC with my internal tv tuner with Windows Media Center installed will no longer work.So no tv function if I upgrade to Windows 10.I`m pissed about that.My Dell PC has a mak key from you and I should not upgrade with that key.I still can if I reinstall my Dell Windows 7 OEM OS and then take the upgrade.

Are all these things correct?

november_ra1n

Thanks for clearing that up.For now I`m just going to upgrade my Windows 8.1 tablet.My HP PC with my internal tv tuner with Windows Media Center installed will no longer work.So no tv function if I upgrade to Windows 10.I`m pissed about that.My Dell PC has a mak key from you and I should not upgrade with that key.I still can if I reinstall my Dell Windows 7 OEM OS and then take the upgrade.

Are all these things correct?

Looks good enough to me....

However you may even clean install as far as you can extract Windows 8/8.1 Retail activation key. After installed Windows 10 use the key to activate Online or by Phone like i did it from Windows 8.1 Core OEM Retail key to Windows 8.1 Core OEM without upgrading.

Not really sure if I understand.Im assuming your talking about my Dell PC right.I did a clean install with my Dell OEM Windows 7 OS disk and it does ask for activation during or after install.Just install and it`s activated.

I may be way off from what your telling me to do.My tablet and HP PC has legit Windows 8 keys.

november_ra1n

I may be way off from what your telling me to do.My tablet and HP PC has legit Windows 8 keys.

Not sure about DELL OEM Windows 7 but you can do for Windows 8 Machine

Extracting keys [if you already know the serial you do not need but many people may not even know] ----------- Windows 9 Product Key Viewer 1.5.0

Install Windows 10 same edition as you have in Windows 8.

Use the key to activate on clean copy rather than upgrading -------- I hate upgrading always do clean installation regularly fore many reason...

Archived