Notepad++ 6.7.8.2

jalaffa

Notepad++ is a free source code editor (and Notepad replacement), which supports several programming languages, running under the MS Windows environment. This project, based on the Scintilla edit component (a very powerful editor component), written in C++ with pure win32 api and STL (that ensures the higher execution speed and smaller size of the program), is under the GPL Licence.

Thanks to pamadhilwankalan for the update.

Download

• Replies 7
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
emerglines

Are they kidding, XP support ended, what a shame.

Changes in 6.7.8.2:

• Disable Notepad++ updater (WinGup) under XP.

Not sure whether Notepad++ has dropped complete support to XP - however, would fail to really surprise me, even if they did. :dunno:

I think WinGup was giving and error when using XP so they disable it is all . Sooner are latter no software will support it but outdated ones . Like the old win 98 machine I still have in there collecting dust.

The UK government tried to get support extended for governments and even failed .

Read more here Windows XP support deal not renewed by government, leaves PCs open to attack

http://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/news/2406304/windows-xp-government-support-deal-ends-leaving-pcs-open-to-attack

remzkee0903

Are they kidding, XP support ended, what a shame.

Seriously? This is a very bad update! Whe don't have a choice but to use an older version. WTF!!! :o

Archived