UEFI Bios (Lenovo Lappy)

J.D

Hi Guys, hoping one of you savvy tech' guys can help .

A few days days, my New Lappy arrived, its a Lenovo B50-70 with an Intel i5 processor .I also ordered a Samsung EVO 850 500 GB SSD to put in it .I was going to use a rescue CD from Active Disk to clone the HDD->SSD - problem is after putting the CD in the drive and re-booting it still comes back to the Desktop ie:Ignoring the boot-up CD - OK, I thought, I change the first order in the Bios to CD then the main drive .According to the instructions on a PDF help file, you press the Novo button on the righthand side and select Bios .Problem is, there is no Novo button on the Lappy .Have scoured the Web, nothing .Have tried the 'Del' key, F1,F2,F3 etc while booting up - nothing .

Although I have managed to complete the cloning using a Docking Station via USB ports and put the SSD in to the Lappy, WoW....its fast...

But at sometime I will need access to the Bios ....just in case I have to use the Recovery CD for real

I think they changes in production and it takes a while for the documentation to catch up

So, anybody know the answer ?

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

solution
http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/hnt/lenovo_g40_30_g50_30_bsod_solution_20140925.pdf
Forget about Novo button,better way will be to use some kind of software for a migration (O&O SSD Migration Kit for ex.) ,imo of cource.

In your case i'll use a clear installation of OS to SSD (no OEM) without any soft-trash from Lenovo , license will save ,think about it. Hope u know about Superfish story?

btw.Lenovo owner here.

OK, thanks, I found the solution - there is no visible button but a tiny hole (looks like a mini LED, ~0.01mm) I put a thin paper clip in the hole and up came the Bios :rolleyes: I sorted that out .

I cloned from the newly installed Win 7 Pro HDD to the SSD via a docking station but that was a USB2 device, so slow but it worked first time using Active Disk which I got from here - a good imaging / cloning program .

Many thanks

Airstream_Bill

Hi Guys, hoping one of you savvy tech' guys can help . A few days days, my New Lappy arrived, its a Lenovo B50-70 with an Intel i5 processor .I also ordered a Samsung EVO 850 500 GB SSD to put in it .I was going to use a rescue CD from Active Disk to clone the HDD->SSD - problem is after putting the CD in the drive and re-booting it still comes back to the Desktop ie:Ignoring the boot-up CD - OK, I thought, I change the first order in the Bios to CD then the main drive .According to the instructions on a PDF help file, you press the Novo button on the righthand side and select Bios .Problem is, there is no Novo button on the Lappy .Have scoured the Web, nothing .Have tried the 'Del' key, F1,F2,F3 etc while booting up - nothing . Although I have managed to complete the cloning using a Docking Station via USB ports and put the SSD in to the Lappy, WoW....its fast... But at sometime I will need access to the Bios ....just in case I have to use the Recovery CD for real I think they changes in production and it takes a while for the documentation to catch up So, anybody know the answer ?

Disable that STUPID Hybrid Start in Windows 8.1 and you will have no problems. Go to Power Options , System Settings and take the Checkmark out of the Turn on Fast Startup and you will NEVER have that problem again.

Archived