Java Runtime Environment 8 Update 45 / 7 Update 79/80

jalaffa

Java 8 throws a bunch of errors, complaints and warnings when installed on XP. The JRE 7 family seems to still support XP.

Java 8 throws a bunch of errors, complaints and warnings when installed on XP. The JRE 7 family seems to still support XP.

See my Java 8 update 45 on windows xp Sp3.. please comment [Trying on Windows xp, previuos Java 8, I got Problem on XP]

Thanks

No Windows XP support on Java 8

As of April 8, 2014 Microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP and therefore it is no longer a supported platform. XP users will be unable to install Java 8. Windows users must upgrade to Windows Vista or later to install Java 8.

See Third Party Vendor-Specific Support Terms on Oracle Software Technical Support Policies (.pdf) for details.

http://www.oracle.com/us/support/library/057419.pdf

Not Kidding

You May See Here

Give it a try

No Windows XP support on Java 8

Windows XP and Java

Can I still use Java on Windows XP?

We expect that Java 8 (and older versions) will continue to work on Windows XP.

The future of Java on Windows XP

This end of support announcement has been misread as "Java no longer works on Windows XP" or "Oracle will stop Java updates from being applied on Windows XP".

These statements are not correct.

Q: Can I install JDK 8 on Windows XP? Will it work?

A: Yes, as long as you install JDK 8 Update 25 or later. Earlier updates of JDK 8 had an installer issue that prevented installation in Windows XP.

Hey... its not my statement. Oracle themself make those statement

Windows XP and Java Why is Windows XP no longer supported?

As of April 8, 2014 Microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP and therefore it is no longer an officially supported platform. Users may still continue to use Java 8 updates on Windows XP at their own risk, but we can no longer provide complete guarantees for Java on Windows XP, since the OS is no longer being updated by Microsoft. We strongly recommend that users upgrade to a newer version of Windows that is still supported by Microsoft in order to maintain a stable and secure environment.

Updated: The future of Java on Windows XP

...and if the issue is specific to Windows XP Oracle is not required to (and may be unable to) issue a patch or a workaround.

• Replies 26
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived