Java Runtime Environment 8 Update 45 / 7 Update 79/80

jalaffa

The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) provides the libraries, the Java Virtual Machine, and other components to run applets and applications written in the Java programming language. In addition, two key deployment technologies are part of the JRE: Java Plug-in, which enables applets to run in popular browsers; and Java Web Start, which deploys standalone applications over a network. Users should install the 32-bit version if they are using 32-bit browsers. If you use both 32-bit and 64-bit browser interchangeably, you need a Java Plug-in for each browser. Hence you will need to install both 32-bit and 64-bit Java respectively.

Thanks to BALTAGY for the update.

Download

• Replies 26
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Java Runtime Environment Version 8 Update 45 32Bit And 64Bit silent (Size: 75.2 MB)

Note:
1- Silent install
2- Update disabled
3- Start menu shortcut removed
4- Only start menu shortcut removed in WinXP (Java will install as default installer)
5- Any old version will be uninstalled first
6- Close any program that use java while setup to avoid system restart
7- Enjoy!

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/KQZKMGWY/Java8u45-silent.zip_links

Java 8 throws a bunch of errors, complaints and warnings when installed on XP. The JRE 7 family seems to still support XP.

Hello all,

I have the latest google chrome installed

I have installed the latest Java 8 Update 45 and now when trying to verify java it shows that the plugin is not supported.

Did anything changed in google chrome or in Java?

Thanks

Edit: Solved by enabling NPAPI

chrome-plugins.jpg

Should i install java 7 update 79 or 80?

If you're on Windows Xp better used Java 7 Update 80, Windows 7 upward you can used Java 8 Update 45

[i'm tried today Java 8 update 45 on windows Xp, will see how it is], beware Java will offer you 3rd party Software!

Give it a try.

Java 8 throws a bunch of errors, complaints and warnings when installed on XP. The JRE 7 family seems to still support XP.

See my Java 8 update 45 on windows xp Sp3.. please comment [Trying on Windows xp, previuos Java 8, I got Problem on XP]

Thanks

Recent releases of Java are unable to uninstall the previous version/s - one can now find 2 or more versions of Java at the Add or remove programs (tested with the x64-bit Java release on Windows 8.) RL8WwPy.gif

java 7 update 79/80

difference?

its already explained in the website: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.html

What is the difference between a Java CPU (7u79) and PSU (7u80) release?

Java SE Critical Patch Updates (CPU) contain fixes to security vulnerabilities and critical bug fixes. Oracle strongly recommends that all Java SE users upgrade to the latest CPU releases as they are made available. Most user should choose this release.

Java SE Patch Set Updates (PSU) contain all of the security fixes in the CPUs released up to that version, as well as additional non-critical fixes. Java PSU releases should only be used if you are being impacted by one of the additional bugs fixed in that version.

Recent releases of Java are unable to uninstall the previous version/s - one can now find 2 or more versions of Java at the Add or remove programs (tested with the x64-bit Java release on Windows 8.) RL8WwPy.gif

That's why i added uninstall script in my silent, if you didn't uninstall the old versions you will have a lot of versions installed

This latest one uninstalled all the old versions for me (i was kind enough to ask first).

reffering to their Notes... and yes it is as you did, when Installed on Windows XP...so far with Core two duo

not Pentium Core, Java 8 update 45 will be fine..

See my Java 8 update 45 on windows xp Sp3.. please comment [Trying on Windows xp, previuos Java 8, I got Problem on XP]

Thanks

No Windows XP support on Java 8

As of April 8, 2014 Microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP and therefore it is no longer a supported platform. XP users will be unable to install Java 8. Windows users must upgrade to Windows Vista or later to install Java 8.

See Third Party Vendor-Specific Support Terms on Oracle Software Technical Support Policies (.pdf) for details.

http://www.oracle.com/us/support/library/057419.pdf

Thanks

As of April 8, 2014 Microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP and therefore it is no longer a supported platform. XP users will be unable to install Java 8. Windows users must upgrade to Windows Vista or later to install Java 8.

See Third Party Vendor-Specific Support Terms on Oracle Software Technical Support Policies (.pdf) for details.

http://www.oracle.com/us/support/library/057419.pdf

Not Kidding

You May See Here

Give it a try

ronaldinho424

Java Runtime Environment Online Installer | Unattended Setup

AutoIt Project ronaldinho424

JYdJzn.png

English language

# Internet Access Control.

# The Version Control .Information Message and data download is not done.

# Remove the old version before installation.

# x64 Bit System Java x86 and x64 Installation.

Site: http://www.solidfiles.com

Sharecode[?]: /d/cb3ed5fb53/

Windows XP and Java

Can I still use Java on Windows XP?

We expect that Java 8 (and older versions) will continue to work on Windows XP.

The future of Java on Windows XP

This end of support announcement has been misread as "Java no longer works on Windows XP" or "Oracle will stop Java updates from being applied on Windows XP".

These statements are not correct.

Q: Can I install JDK 8 on Windows XP? Will it work?

A: Yes, as long as you install JDK 8 Update 25 or later. Earlier updates of JDK 8 had an installer issue that prevented installation in Windows XP.

Java online.new version auto download.unlimited use.

my prefered, can you change the script not to uninstall on first attempt, but at the end when installation have succeeded.

i have little bit problem when the installation failed. or just run it again?

ronaldinho424

Thankyou.turkey forum site.Online install categories programs.

Java Runtime Environment Online Installer | Unattended Setup

AutoIt Project ronaldinho424

No offense but I would suggest you to spend your time elsewhere. First, your installer looks shady visually.

And technically, it spawns multiple and nested levels of child processes.

This is unnecessary for sole installation of an application. In fact, some AVs flagged your installer.

(and why "obfuscated" in the file name and UPX packer?)

Also, don't post consecutively in a row when no one has replied since your last post, make use of the edit post feature.

Archived