Microsoft now officially protects your privacy in the cloud

anuseems

You state that you have access to this backup on the move, that would infer you can access this data via mobile device, hence you have online access!

Nope - wrong inference!

Not gonna be touching anything remotely cloud (Microsoft or non Microsoft.) h3uXN07.gif

If you have a dedicated storage drive and you can access this drive over the internet that is basically cloud storage. It's virtually same thing as what you're provided via Cloud services like OneDrive, Google Drive etc except the drive is on your network at home rathar than in a DC owned by a company.

Wrong inference - once again! h3uXN07.gif

You have been jumping to conclusions.

Then how the hell do you access your storage drive on the move if not via the internet? Do you use a paper cup and string??

Copy what CODYQX4 mentioned in the previous post - also stated at post # 12. ^_^

...and how is that "superior" to cloud? All you have is a simple USB stick. What if you were to lose it or it got damaged while you were out with it?

With your own or a companies cloud you can have much more functionality and also online access to your data when/if needed. You can sync across systesm/devices, auto backup new files etc etc. You cant do that with a simple USB stick, at leat not quickly/efficiently.

All my data is auto backup up to my local system, external USB and my cloud services all at same time, meaning I have plenty of redundancy if ever SHTF and I lose one of my backups.

• Replies 30
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You state that you have access to this backup on the move, that would infer you can access this data via mobile device, hence you have online access!

Nope - wrong inference!

Not gonna be touching anything remotely cloud (Microsoft or non Microsoft.) h3uXN07.gif

If you have a dedicated storage drive and you can access this drive over the internet that is basically cloud storage. It's virtually same thing as what you're provided via Cloud services like OneDrive, Google Drive etc except the drive is on your network at home rathar than in a DC owned by a company.

Wrong inference - once again! h3uXN07.gif

You have been jumping to conclusions.

Then how the hell do you access your storage drive on the move if not via the internet? Do you use a paper cup and string??

Copy what CODYQX4 mentioned in the previous post - also stated at post # 12. ^_^

...and how is that "superior" to cloud? All you have is a simple USB stick. What if you were to lose it or it got damaged while you were out with it?

With your own or a companies cloud you can have much more functionality and also online access to your data when/if needed. You can sync across systesm/devices, auto backup new files etc etc. You cant do that with a simple USB stick, at leat not quickly/efficiently.

All my data is auto backup up to my local system, external USB and my cloud services all at same time, meaning I have plenty of redundancy if ever SHTF and I lose one of my backups.

I own multiple hardware (static and mobile) and a range of physical offline storage (internal and external - not limited to USB sticks) - losing/damaging one, two or even 3 would not make any difference at all.

Moreover, if someone were to find or, (manage to) steal my physical offline storage or even any of my hardware - it would be as good (or, as useless) as paper weight, in his hands.

Moreover, if someone were to find or, (manage to) steal my physical offline storage or even any of my hardware - it would be as good (or, as useless) as paper weight, in his hands.

encryption??

encryption??

of course. no other ways could achieve this.

The difference is you can buy more than one portable hard-drive and encrypt all your important data yourself make backups one for home one for travel . But even if some service claim its encrypted if they invented it they have the key to unlock it. So you trust them with your life . Ive not trusted anything in a cloud since 2012 and I should have never trusted it then. Just ask everyone who lost there data from all those services back in 2012 . All the data that was stored on megaupload belongs to FBI now . :lol:

Even if you read in new Mega terms of service they say they will share your data with the cops . Always you need to read there toss and best to not store nothing but legal stuff if you use these things still. I dont upload much but when I do I never sign in and I dont use my real ip.

Archived