Microsoft now officially protects your privacy in the cloud

anuseems

Microsoft has become one of the largest cloud providers to adopt a newly developed international standard for cloud privacy for enterprise customers with data stored in Azure, Office 365 and Dynamic CRM Online

From Techradar:

Going forwards the Microsoft Cloud will adhere to the ISO/IEC 27018 standard developed by the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) to create a unified and international response to protecting the privacy of personal data stored in the cloud.Microsoft explained that its adherence to the ISO 27018 ensures enterprise customers are in control of their data; know what's happening with their data; know that their data has strong security protections; understand their data wont be used for advertising; and will be informed when government requests for its data are made.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/internet/cloud-services/microsoft-now-officially-protects-your-privacy-in-the-cloud-1285076

• Replies 30
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we are heading towards a time when you won't be able to not 'touch' or interact with the cloud in one way or a another.

I think we are heading towards a time when you won't be able to not 'touch' or interact with the cloud in one way or a another.

That's my impression, too. :yes:

Sounds incredibly good - but, I am not gonna be touching anything remotely cloud (Microsoft or non Microsoft.) h3uXN07.gif

You can create your own easily. No need to use somebody else's if you don't want to.

Sounds incredibly good - but, I am not gonna be touching anything remotely cloud (Microsoft or non Microsoft.) h3uXN07.gif

You can create your own easily. No need to use somebody else's if you don't want to.

No thanks - I have far superior alternatives to the Cloud.

There are many alternatives. I was simply referring to your obvious hatred for companies cloud servers.

For example you can use BT Sync on your device and backup to a local system. You can also run yout own cloud server from a local system or remote system and use a OwnCloud OS. These are perfectly fine backup solutions and no need for a tinfoil hat party.

There are many alternatives. I was simply referring to your obvious hatred for companies cloud servers.

For example you can use BT Sync on your device and backup to a local system. You can also run yout own cloud server from a local system or remote system and use a OwnCloud OS. These are perfectly fine backup solutions and no need for a tinfoil hat party.

Cloud - never! h3uXN07.gif

...because?

...because?

post # 6

....They are?

....They are?

. . . . . offline storage media.

....They are?

Then how is that "superior"? Can you access your data on the move when/if needed? Answer = No.

Offline backup is a different type of backup, it's not superior. For example I have a offline backup and an online backup. Both have redunancy. THAT is superior. Simply having an offline backup vs a online backup is not superior it's just different.

Your main aversion so it would seem from your initial responses is that you don't like having other companies handle your data, hence why I said there are other alternatives like creating your own cloud storage.

Cloud backup isnt just about making a backup of your important data, it's about having access to some data on the move or across systems and not having to rely on local network.

You can create your own easily. No need to use somebody else's if you don't want to

....They are?

Then how is that "superior"? Can you access your data on the move when/if needed? Answer = No.

Offline backup is a different type of backup, it's not superior. For example I have a offline backup and an online backup. Both have redunancy. THAT is superior. Simply having an offline backup vs a online backup is not superior it's just different.

Your main aversion so it would seem from your initial responses is that you don't like having other companies handle your data, hence why I said there are other alternatives like creating your own cloud storage.

Cloud backup isnt just about making a backup of your important data, it's about having access to some data on the move or across systems and not having to rely on local network.

It is superior because - yes, I can access my data on the move.

You can create your own easily. No need to use somebody else's if you don't want to

....They are?

Lmao, Then you have basically created your own private Cloud! Which basically proves my point! Thankyou!

Your words.. "I am not gonna be touching anything remotely cloud" yet what you're doing is basically exactly like a Cloud, except it's not done via a external company, you're hosting it yourself.

What setup/software are you using?

....They are?

Lmao, Then you have basically created your own private Cloud! Which basically proves my point! Thankyou!

Your words.. "I am not gonna be touching anything remotely cloud" yet what you're doing is basically exactly like a Cloud, except it's not done via a external company, you're hosting it yourself.

My physical, offline storage media containing my personal data means . . . . . . . . . private cloud - to you.) :clap:

That is a cutting-edge, GenNext, path-breaking definition of the Cloud - thanks to you. :lmao:

BTW, I don't see why you jumped to the conclusion that I am hosting anything. :s

....They are?

My physical, offline storage media containing my personal data means . . . . . . . . . private cloud - to you.) :clap:

That is a cutting-edge, GenNext, path-breaking definition of the Cloud - thanks to you. :lmao:

BTW, I don't see why you jumped to the conclusion that I am hosting anything. :s

I didnt say anything about "hosting". You clearly stated that you have online access to this data backup, that is a private cloud. Wether you're storing it at home on a drive or on a drive on a remote server it's the same, only difference is location of storage.

I can stick my media in my pocket and plug it in anywhere I dont even need the internet .. if you think you can store media in a cloud and privacy is protected your living in a fantasy world . Not long ago Microsoft shared info with the FBI it was peoples emails that they were investigating If they do it with there email service I'm sure if you done something bad enough to be investigated they would share your stuff from there cloud service as well.. Most Microsoft accounts control all there services you need to sign in in-order for it to be yours.

....They are?

I didnt say anything about "hosting". You clearly stated that you have online access to this data backup, that is a private cloud. Wether you're storing it at home on a drive or on a drive on a remote server it's the same, only difference is location of storage.

You didn't say anything about hosting - really? Well, check out your own words at post # 8. (have highlighted it, for you.) :tehe:

Can you point me to the link where I am supposed to have stated that "I have online access to that data?" The only reference made to the word online is clearly by you - yourself, not me (at post # 13 - have highlighted this blooper, too.) :lol:

....They are?

You didn't say anything about hosting - really? Well, check out your own words at post # 8. (have highlighted it, for you.) :tehe:

Can you point me to the link where I am supposed to have stated that "I have online access to that data?" The only reference made to the word online is clearly by you - yourself, not me (at post # 13 - have highlighted this blooper, too.) :lol:

You state that you have access to this backup on the move, that would infer you can access this data via mobile device, hence you have online access!

If you have a dedicated storage drive and you can access this drive over the internet that is basically cloud storage. It's virtually same thing as what you're provided via Cloud services like OneDrive, Google Drive etc except the drive is on your network at home rathar than in a DC owned by a company.

You state that you have access to this backup on the move, that would infer you can access this data via mobile device, hence you have online access!

Nope - wrong inference!

Not gonna be touching anything remotely cloud (Microsoft or non Microsoft.) h3uXN07.gif

If you have a dedicated storage drive and you can access this drive over the internet that is basically cloud storage. It's virtually same thing as what you're provided via Cloud services like OneDrive, Google Drive etc except the drive is on your network at home rathar than in a DC owned by a company.

Wrong inference - once again! h3uXN07.gif

You have been jumping to conclusions.

Airstream_Bill

Oh come on dcs18, Be BRAVE, Ha ha. :s

Nope - wrong inference!

Not gonna be touching anything remotely cloud (Microsoft or non Microsoft.) h3uXN07.gif

Then how the hell do you access your storage drive on the move if not via the internet? Do you use a paper cup and string??

Nope - wrong inference!

Then how the hell do you access your storage drive on the move if not via the internet? Do you use a paper cup and string??

He probably carries his USB drive everywhere, which would require zero hosting.

I mean you can buy 256GB USB drives and multiple TB USB 3 powerless drives.

Oh, and about the article: Not from the NSA they don't, they hand it over on a silver platter.

Nope - wrong inference!

Copy what CODYQX4 mentioned in the previous post - also stated at post # 12. ^_^

Archived