How can I block anchorfree.net

clubhouse

As you probably know its a site associated with Hotspot Shield...

It isn't blocked via hosts files:

or

127.0.0.1 to 127.0.0.8

in either

www.anchorfree.net

or

anchorfree.net flavours.

Out of the list of sites its advised to block in HSS its the only one that isn't.

I'm wondering if they use it to 'force' updates?

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• clubhouse

• stylemessiah

• Rok

• jamesDDI

Top Posters In This Topic

Block these

You may want to block these too if the above IPs are not enough.
Edited by totoymola

Thanks people I tried all those ips and no luck it still calls trough. No worries, you've taught me another method if hosts doesn't work (I'm guessing HSS use dozens of ips for anchorfree.net, if any fail it just tries another until a connection is made)...And the other thing I found out you must turn WFC off to use windows firewall wizard otherwise the entries are lost!

stylemessiah
How can I block anchorfree.net?

I dont know .......have you tried paying them for their software?

Ive heard that works 100%

Edited by stylemessiah

Really!.....We'll it doesn't on my 100% paid for version!

What other things have you heard?

stylemessiah

If you bought it legitimately you wouldnt be fooling about in your hosts file and also trying to block IP's, or posting on here for tips on blocking it, as its a legitimate part of the programs function....

Edited by stylemessiah

And while you take your foot out of your mouth, the reason I want to block it is because I'm trying to stop them forcing updates on me.

If you bought it legitimately you wouldnt be fooling about in your hosts file and also trying to blo

ck IP's, or posting on here for tips on blocking it, as its a legitimate part of the programs function....

It functions fully with those hosts blocked...If I need your personal advice I'll ask for it...In the meantime think before you squeak :)

stylemessiah

And while you take your foot out of your mouth, the reason I want to block it is because I'm trying to stop them forcing updates on me.

If you bought it legitimately you wouldnt be fooling about in your hosts file and also trying to blo

ck IP's, or posting on here for tips on blocking it, as its a legitimate part of the programs function....

It functions fully with those hosts blocked...If I need your personal advice I'll ask for it...In the meantime think before you squeak :)

I'll stick with my original comment, especially as your animosity reinforces my original opinion that you havent bought it :)

Those who protest too much are usually guilty

And yeah, i hate it when programs ive bought "force" updates (usually issued to add features/protection or fix bugs) on me, i mean thats what ive paid for after all. Im going to look at the IP's of my Avast so i can block its updates, i dont want them "forced" on me

Seriously, who do you think youre kidding, only yourself, because no one else is buying it :)

God theres some absolute d'heads on here.

squeak squeak

Edited by stylemessiah

Thanks people I tried all those ips and no luck it still calls trough. No worries, you've taught me another method if hosts doesn't work (I'm guessing HSS use dozens of ips for anchorfree.net, if any fail it just tries another until a connection is made)...And the other thing I found out you must turn WFC off to use windows firewall wizard otherwise the entries are lost!

Blocking the following IPs work for me to block http://www.anchorfree.net/ on Firefox, with WFC - hope it starts working fir you, too:--

Please note - Firefox has been used here merely to illustrate an example. Any other application/program - even All / Any Programs can be firewalled, instead:--

lYhn8Fc.png

CMPo4SN.png

do you have $$ to pay for that ??

God theres some absolute d'heads on here.

squeak squeak

You are in the wrong forum, i think..

The right for you is the RIAA forum! I think..

LOL

Edited by jamesDDI

For the numbnut who thinks he's onto something,

@dcs18....Thanks, seems to be working so far, it auto uploaded to 3.44 while I was busy chatting to someone yesterday and shut me off as a result, seems to be holding at 3.42 now :)

I did actually buy HSS before the 2018 crack existed!

And finally I have and have used PLENTY of cracked\pirated software...I have no problem saying that, if I was using the 2018 crack I would say so you fool!

post-46233-0-92813100-1407712884_thumb.p

Edited by clubhouse

it auto uploaded to 3.44 while I was busy chatting to someone yesterday and shut me off as a result, seems to be holding at 3.42 now

Can you elaborate more on this ?!? Cann't understand, at first you say (as i assume) it was updated to v3.44, and then how come it is now at v3.42 on its own ?

it auto uploaded to 3.44 while I was busy chatting to someone yesterday and shut me off as a result, seems to be holding at 3.42 now

Can you elaborate more on this ?!? Cann't understand, at first you say (as i assume) it was updated to v3.44, and then how come it is now at v3.42 on its own ?

Yeah easy, they keep pushing these updates through without listing the changes or reasons for doing so..Now I read a lot how this HSS is considered to be spyware by many...I know that a lot the of the host entries aren't ad related only....I changed back to 3.42 because I didn't ask for 3.44...I update my software when and if I want too...I don't know if they are adding spyware or not in this product, but if I can stop them forcing updates on me I will.....Now back to you.....127.0.01` DOES NOT....stop anchorfree.net or www,anchorfree.net.....And get this, if I was using a cracked version of HSS I would say so...What does that matter, I use plenty of other cracked software....Xilisoft iphone plantinum, Reg Organizer, Malwarebytes Antimalware, Windows 7 manager, Total Uninstall 6.40, Revo Uninstaller, SuperAntispyware, WinRar, AX64 Time Manchine and others...So you cuddle with your friend Sherlock Holmes and butt out Dr Watson :)

Edited by clubhouse

I changed back to 3.42 because I didn't ask for 3.44...I update my software when and if I want too...I don't know if they are adding spyware or not in this product, but if I can stop them forcing updates on me I will.....Now back to you.....127.0.01` DOES NOT....stop anchorfree.net or www,anchorfree.net

I asked you because, i'm currently on HSS Elite 3.42 with the HOST entries, and all the anchorfree variants (.us,.com, .net) are blocked here pretty well. And, on top, since 3.42 release, i've not even got any updated pushed by the HSS.