"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

h3uXN07.gif

Maybe the next time I TeamView your system.

ok if free u can look over now as well - 15 mins till i m offline again.

Enable PM if we r having the session now.

Buddy confirmed again ur method doesn't work again

today ive freshly formatted my PC still the result is same

as soon as u change date ur kaspersky gets blocked

IDK how its working for u

awaiting

regards

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, does the host method not work anymore? I insert all IP addresses (from the first post) in the host file, and yet I am getting fake serial number error.

Hi dcs18,

I've tried to block IP adresses of IDM through Kaspersky's application control, and windows host file but the thing is each time I get the fake serial error box

I saw on your last post that you disabled "trust digitally signed applications" is that what I was missing?

Thank you in advance for your answer

first of all you don't need to disable the trusted signed application, that was for another purpose u can enable it again.

no need to add them to ur hosts file :uhuh: u can delete them from there.

The thing with KIS firewall is that it doesnot remember rules everytime u make a fresh install from a .exe.

So the only thing u can do at the moment is to create the rules at every install of IDM or for any other app.

or block it throughout your PC via adding the IPs in 'configure packet rules' category, this way u are blocking it throughout ur PC, also since u are blocking it throughout u might not be able to surf IDM site.

This is the limitation of KIS which we hope is fixed in future builds.

I have offered two solution, the choice is yours :)

or u can wait for dcs18's suggestion :D

p.s. i did a install from within IDM update option and this way KIS was able to remember the firewall rules. But the way i did it is short termed only, in the long run u will need to do the above said 2 suggestions only.

So, does the host method not work anymore? I insert all IP addresses (from the first post) in the host file, and yet I am getting fake serial number error.

Yes, the host method doesnot work anymore.

This method is for blocking your apps/programs via firewall and not through hosts file.

I would urge u to remove the IPs from ur hosts file and add them to ur firewall.

Illustrations for some popular firewall have alredy been posted in the first post.

Still if there is any problem u can post at this thread again. :cheers:

awaiting

regards

@kantry123 see this :

image.png

image.png

image.png

notice the date of the blocking(more than a year) in the above, also see its really blocking those IPs, the license verification was blocked 4 times(it called for)

and the blacklist update was blocked 3 times (it was called for)

If u want i can have a look at your system :). don't uninstall it.

The time has come to do a new thing. as we know many of us use Symantec Endpoint Protection (client only). Someone knows how to configure firewall of SEP to block IDM ips???

idmresettrial

The time has come to do a new thing. as we know many of us use Symantec Endpoint Protection (client only). Someone knows how to configure firewall of SEP to block IDM ips???

You can try this below, no need to block IDM ip.

Screenshot:

20141b7f80a8-5084-43c6-9353-ddee6cc43919

Download:

awaiting

regards

@kantry123 see this :

image.png

image.png

image.png

notice the date of the blocking(more than a year) in the above, also see its really blocking those IPs, the license verification was blocked 4 times(it called for)

and the blacklist update was blocked 3 times (it was called for)

If u want i can have a look at your system :). don't uninstall it.

Yeah...sure today is my holiday...can u come on teamviewer?

Hi dcs18,

I've tried to block IP adresses of IDM through Kaspersky's application control, and windows host file but the thing is each time I get the fake serial error box

I saw on your last post that you disabled "trust digitally signed applications" is that what I was missing?

Thank you in advance for your answer

Hi Pav0eufs,

You are not missing anything (the "Trust digitally signed applications" is under beta-testing) - refer to Torres' post # 1139, for the same. 6HUIPBa.gif

The hosts method has stopped working, a long time ago - it is incapable of blocking any sort of IPs. h4CvlGL.gif

You can try this below, no need to block IDM ip.

Screenshot:

20141b7f80a8-5084-43c6-9353-ddee6cc43919

Download:

http://bit.ly/IDMresetTrial

No need to use any 3rd party workaround when you have a real solution which offers the following advantages over a Trial Reset:--

• Clean - uses a refined methodology instead of the butcher's cleaver.
  • Genuine - the only way to possess a more genuine copy is to buy it.
  • Permanent - it just keep on working (never mind what the Astrologers have to predict.)
  • Tested & proven - just check out the testimonials.
  • Ownership - this is not a proprietary implementation like apple where the ownership & dependency vests with one single person, like you (this is a team project - checkout post # 2.)
  • Supported with customer service - personal attention is extended even to the point of TeamViewing unto perfection, by multiple beta-testers.
  • Transparent - what you see is what you get, people do not know the constituents of your Trial Reset.
  • Evolving - we do not issue an update after being slapped with failure, updates are made in anticipation.

BTW, do keep dropping in here, whenever business is bleak, for you - we shall motivate you. Moreover, to honor your visit to this thread, the first post shall be updated (later in the day) with the advantages of the firewall method over every other method - Creators of all other forms of fixes shall remember you forever since your name shall be credited with the same.

Thank you for visiting - reputation awarded (look forward to some more visits - none will go unrewarded.) tx38TOr.gif

@dcs18

this is with regards to the talk we had last night.

The same(just like u described) happens on EAV7 configured with Windows Firewall as well.

However, what do u think abt this setting :

Advanced setup > Update >Update Settings > Advanced Settings > Ask before downloading them.... :naughty:

may be not so useful with constant popups.

p.s. this is not for anyone else, plz don't take out meanings from this post and then moan later :tooth:

@ clubhouse

Well, don't know whether it was ego - what we know though; is that it was an off-topic advertisement exhorting the people to not block IPs in a topic dedicated to blocking IPs which was duly dealt with, respectfully (without even having reported the infraction.) :dunno:

Generally, I come down much more harder on those who attempt to sabotage my tutorials - who else knows that better than you, yourself?

Would like to remind our Readers that we have never before stooped down to, comparing our method with other methods - on the contrary we try to promote other methods (gets too lonely - all alone . . . . . . . at the top.) UFbmK6T.gif

@dcs18

this is with regards to the talk we had last night.

The same(just like u described) happens on EAV7 configured with Windows Firewall as well.

However, what do u think abt this setting :

Advanced setup > Update >Update Settings > Advanced Settings > Ask before downloading them.... :naughty:

may be not so useful with constant popups.

p.s. this is not for anyone else, plz don't take out meanings from this post and then moan later :tooth:

I like your line of thinking. F3h9xqz.gif

When looking at all of the options under that particular tab - it looks to me, as though they were all meant for PCU (Program Component Updates) which are different from Virus Signature Database Updates.

All that, having been said, please go ahead and try out the same by all means - lemme know if anything need testing, on my end.

When looking at all of the options under that particular tab - it looks to me, as though they were all meant for PCU (Program Component Updates) which are different from Virus Signature Database Updates.

All that, having been said, please go ahead and try out the same by all means - lemme know if anything need testing, on my end.

wait for 5 mins posting some screenshot

Is this option not applicable to Virus Definition Update as well ?

http://postimg.org/image/h9ipufgpl/

Is this option not applicable to Virus Definition Update as well ?

http://postimg.org/image/h9ipufgpl/

Does not sound like it is - I am saying; let's be optimistic and give that a good shot. F3h9xqz.gif

@ clubhouse

Well, don't know whether it was ego - what we know though; is that it was an off-topic advertisement exhorting the people to not block IPs in a topic dedicated to blocking IPs which was duly dealt with, respectfully (without even having reported the infraction.) :dunno:

Generally, I come down much more harder on those who attempt to sabotage my tutorials - who else knows that better than you, yourself?

Would like to remind our Readers that we have never before stooped down to, comparing our method with other methods - on the contrary we try to promote other methods (gets too lonely - all alone . . . . . . . at the top.) UFbmK6T.gif

Hey, you come down hard on me anytime you like...I should worry :lol: .....One question though, you say "we"....What kind of "we" is this, the Royal "we" or yourself and others?

BTW, people not necessarly agreeing with you, isn't trolling...Its called opinions, like armpits we all have them....For now I will say no more on the IDM who or what is the best debate...However, there will be a point of my choice when I will have something to add....My call as it were :)

@ clubhouse

Hey, you come down hard on me anytime you like...I should worry :lol: .....One question though, you say "we"....What kind of "we" is this, the Royal "we" or yourself and others?

BTW, people not necessarly agreeing with you, isn't trolling...Its called opinions, like armpits we all have them....For now I will say no more on the IDM who or what is the best debate...However, there will be a point of my choice when I will have something to add....My call as it were :)

For the we, you may refer to post # 2 - introductory reference to the same was also made at post # 1 (under the 4th bullet-point of the Notice.)

Care to point out where I am supposed to have stated that "People not agreeing with me, is trolling?" lEMe01Z.gif

About opinion, I am always grateful for those - as long as they are made at the appropriate topics where they belong (opinions are what turned this tutorial from - I to we.) 6HUIPBa.gif

Have successfully implemented the KIS block on kantry123's system.

As it turns out it was the traces of past install that were interferring in his PC.

Hope others also pay attention in this regards.

It did pass the forwarding system date test, updating went fine and yeah had several restarts to make sure there was no leaf left to turn over.

kantry123 is now enjoying 1054 days remaining on his KIS installation. :D

Have successfully implemented the KIS block on kantry123's system.

As it turns out it was the traces of past install that were interferring in his PC.

Hope others also pay attention in this regards.

It did pass the forwarding system date test, updating went fine and yeah had several restarts to make sure there was no leaf left to turn over.

kantry123 is now enjoying 1054 days remaining on his KIS installation. :D

8N3udPP.gif Great job, done Torres - this should come as a resounding slap to the Pessimists. Z0H7kHA.gif

Time for everyone to chill. RlW5CMh.gif

Guide by Torres about ESET Antivirus is confusing. In which program do you create the rules? ESET Antivirus does not have firewall. On my friends laptop I used Windows Firewall.

This is good method for box, mara- fix. I already found a way to automate Windows Firewall when using Eset Antivirus. Now I need to see about Eset Smart Security. BTW, how to discover IP's if they ever change?

Cheers ;)

Guide by Torres about ESET Antivirus is confusing. In which program do you create the rules? ESET Antivirus does not have firewall. On my friends laptop I used Windows Firewall.

This is good method for box, mara- fix. I already found a way to automate Windows Firewall when using Eset Antivirus. Now I need to see about Eset Smart Security. BTW, how to discover IP's if they ever change?

Cheers ;)

Thanx for the kind words mara-

Would like to know where it was confusing, will try and explain it in a better way.

In ESS there is already a firewall so ppl use that but for EAV NOD32 ppl may use whatever firewall they prefer be it WFC,Windows Firewall,Comodo Firewall,Outpost etc. as long as it does the job any firewall can be used.

I had been using WFC with which it was a little easier to monitor, each and every connection ur ESET makes and hence was able to make out.

If u read the ESET post again, i mentioned three pts where it checks for license info and hence got IP info for those particular scenario.

You can use ur own firewall to know the changes or else we are always here to help and bring to notice if there is a change in IP :)

Confusing is that you are just mentioning rules but not word firewall at all, so it might be confusing for some people. You should also mention few firewalls like you did now. Can you link me to the post where you wrote about how to find IP's, I can't find it.

Cheets ;)

Confusing is that you are just mentioning rules but not word firewall at all, so it might be confusing for some people. You should also mention few firewalls like you did now. Can you link me to the post where you wrote about how to find IP's, I can't find it.

Cheets ;)

This is the original post : //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/222515-prevent-idm-other-programs-from-dialing-home/page-28?do=findComment&comment=821222

which was refined by adding the Precautionary note in this one : //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/222515-prevent-idm-other-programs-from-dialing-home/page-57?do=findComment&comment=846368

How to find IPs - have never mentioned this, maybe dcs18 can explain it better, i told u how i did it.

I have used it on WFC, the illustration of which is already there. But yes its applicable to other firewalls as well.

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived