"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Why are you blocking 38.90.226.40? This is an update server, you told us that Eset does not check licence on update servers?

Cheers ;)

We still receiving updates after blocking 38.90.226.40. If it were a update server, we won't be able to receive updates (properly).

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who told you there is only one update server? There are dozen at least.

Cheers ;)

Yes, till now we got exactly a dozen update servers without the IP that you've specified. Things are working just fine without that IP, then why to talk about it?

Because if this one checks license, then every server checks. Why would only one check?

Cheers ;)

Alright, tell me how do you know that the IP you have specified is a update server?

Because if this one checks license, then every server checks. Why would only one check?

Cheers ;)

Alright, tell me how do you know that the IP you have specified is a update server?

Put the ip in your browser it will ask for a password to access the update server :)

Cheers ;)

Put the ip in your browser it will ask for a password to access the update server :)

This could be the admin login request, who knows! :dunno:

Cheers ;)

Its already a known fact that keys can be checked easily on update servers if you ever traced the ips for checking keys with TNOD and NOD Viewer you know they can do it.

Also there's the other issue with developers swarming Nsane to see these work arounds they can just jot the ips down thats allowed and make sure they use these to check.

But its not happen to me yet working so far for 5 days . If it keeps working for me more than 30 days then I achieved something because trial keys or most warez keys don't last over 30 days. ;)

Just upgraded my copy of ESET from 8.0.103.0 to 8.0.304.0 - what a relief; to no longer be required to perform the customary unfix and then fix crap (I know how much it must hurt our Detractors to witness the firewall method, reported to be working and working.)

Cheers ;)

Ping um13.eset.com and see which IP you will get.

Cheers ;)

what a relief; to no longer be required to perform the customary unfix and then fix crap

Nice, this just shows how much you appreciate fixes you used for years. Really lame. BTW, I didn't see your reply regarding the IP I asked.

Cheers ;)

what a relief; to no longer be required to perform the customary unfix and then fix crap

Nice, this just shows how much you appreciate fixes you used for years. Really lame. BTW, I didn't see your reply regarding the IP I asked.

Cheers ;)

No disrespect meant to any fix - was referring to . . . . . . . . . . . . only the procedure (33% of my Customers continue to use the box, mara- fix.)

About the IP, I think you might have asked someone else?

Ok, if disrespect wasn't meant. I asked you about IP. You added one to block list and that IP is update server. Why when you said that update server does not check license?

Cheers ;)

Maybe you can point us all, to that magical post where I am supposed to have claimed categorically that, "Update server does not check license?" lEMe01Z.gif

Maybe you can point us all, to that magical post where I am supposed to have claimed categorically that, "Update server does not check license?" lEMe01Z.gif

Here it is:

Update servers are the ones who require loging, and there is nothing to stop Eset servers to block the key once it expires.

Absolutely, false - on both the above counts.

Don't take me wrong, I'm all for this method, it's really simple and effective, but from logic point of view, it should not work. I see it works for you and some other people, but it's unclear why. How did you decide to block 38.90.226.40? If we continue like this, we'll have all IP's blocked in the end, and no way to reach update servers.

Staff Note: Thread removed.

The forum Nsane, was created to allow fans to discuss all matters of digital technology in general. This forum is moderated to ensure that the discussions on the various

topics can take place freely permitted but subject to the minimal rules of civil coexistence. Some rules are essential, and all users of the forum are asked to observe for the very survival

of Community.Iscrivendosi and participating in the forum you agree to all the rules of this rules.

- It is not allowed foul language, or face discussions or writing offensive phrases, controversy, defamatory, against any party member the forum.

- The activity of moderation relies on the rules set out in paragraphs. Community Guidelines

Cheers ;)

Ping um13.eset.com and see which IP you will get.

Cheers ;)

IP Address : 38.90.226.40

But how this tells you that it's an update server not an activation server?

The same key that expired on the 14th of October 2014 - now, banned by ESET . . . . . . . . . . . but, accepting the latest updates on the latest 8.0.304.0:--

How did you come to know that the key is banned? It has shown pop-up as the is not valid anymore or you tried installing the key to other machines and got the error as the key has been expired?

@ mara-

Check out the following 2 counts (highlighted below,) where you have comprehensively been proved wrong - (I have been focusing along optimistic lines such as firewalling, success and life) now, where have I ever mentioned that, "Update server does not check license?"

The firewall method does not have anything to do with it. Firewall method only prevents Eset from getting expire date from server.

Update servers are the ones who require loging, and there is nothing to stop Eset servers to block the key once it expires.

Absolutely, false - on both the above counts.

You have been focusing on pessimistic doomsday-predictions bordering upon expiry, defeat and death - it is you and only you, yourself - who has been saying that:--

One day does not mean anything. One member reported that his key was blocked after 15 days. And I am correct about update servers. Loophole can be that expire server does not "call" update servers to tell it that key expired.

Cheers ;)

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived