For how much I can sold out 10 years old laptop?

don2

For how much I can sold out 10 years old laptop?

Laptop :Dell latitude d520

HDD is upgraded from 50gb to 500gb

RAM is upgraded from 512mb to 4gb

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• don2

• davmil

• Blackchildcx

• Deunan

Ballistic Gelatin

I'd remove all of the updated components (HDD, RAM) and just sell it for parts on one of the used PC forums. Old hardware just isn't worth much. Maybe USD10 if it's in really good shape.

I'd remove all of the updated components (HDD, RAM) and just sell it for parts on one of the used PC forums. Old hardware just isn't worth much. Maybe USD10 if it's in really good shape.

It's in great condition so that it can work for another 10 years

Maybe someone on ebay might buy it for parts. The hinges and frame parts are probably as valuable as anything besides (possibly) the hard disk. Best advise - give it to your kid or younger siblings to learn on and you won't have to cry when they break it OR, reformat it and use it for a dedicated purpose like alarm system. I setup one like that after re-formatting and use it to ONLY do my banking/bill paying so I'm fairly confident it's malware free.

It's in great condition so that it can work for another 10 years

A processor is to live for about 4-6 years, then the decay starts. The same can be sayed with the HDD, but the HDD last longer, for about 7-10 years, from that point the decay starts.

The laptop would get so hot only by keeping it open for few minutes.

why not make a linux box or a hackintosh out of it?

The first one would be a really good tool for a younger person to get on the internet with without having to worry about bad things infecting the PC and the second suggestion is a really cool project for aging PCS

Blackchildcx

You can get 1000 bucks if you are lucky...

but keepin it real.....0€,0$...

I would keep it as a Linux system...or just for watching movies...I used a very old xp device long time. with Conectify hotspot to get my tv conected as I had no wlan..

Dont you know young kids with no pc´s? start something social and give it away...

ITS ALWAYS GOOD GIVE PEOPLE SUCH THINGS FREE IF THEY HAVE NO MONEY.....think bout this! maybe you can make someone happy?

cheers

Edited by Blackchildcx

A 10 year old laptop which came with XP you'll get about 500 or less... As i gave mines to a friend which came with XP, after i upgraded the HD & Ram, and Installed Windows 8 Pro on it.

Don, install "Windows XP Pro Performance Edition SP3 November 2010":

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/218185-why/?p=784167

or 8.

Where I work mechanics buy these old type of rugged laptops because they have a serial port (but you can get USB converters these days) and don't need to waste money on a nicer one.

I refurbished 3 of these last week. I was surprised, they can actually have quite a high resolution if I remember correctly. I get though a lot so I forget quickly.

Edited by Paft

Blackchildcx

A 10 year old laptop which came with XP you'll get about 500 or less... As i gave mines to a friend which came with XP, after i upgraded the HD & Ram, and Installed Windows 8 Pro on it.

500 pesos or what :lol:

Maybe someone on ebay might buy it for parts. The hinges and frame parts are probably as valuable as anything besides (possibly) the hard disk. Best advise - give it to your kid or younger siblings to learn on and you won't have to cry when they break it OR, reformat it and use it for a dedicated purpose like alarm system. I setup one like that after re-formatting and use it to ONLY do my banking/bill paying so I'm fairly confident it's malware free.

@don2, rest apart, this is the BEST advise, if your not kidding.

500 pesos or what :lol:

Philippine pesos maybe. Interesting he says he's from the US, yet can't write in proper English and thinks a 10 year old laptop is worth more than a brand new one.

not a lot unless you can find a drunk idiot who wants a lappy

I meant $500 GYD (Guyanese Dollars) which is like $2.40us. Sell it on eBay maybe someone who wants a laptop but doesn't what to spend more than $25us on one. :lol: