ProtonMail (Lavabit replacement made by CERN scientists) just launched today. Finally, easy to use encrypted email.

Reefa

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• avmad

• go0gle

• Dodel

• Arizin

Finally Public Beta.

May 16, 2014

The long wait and anticipation is finally over! Today, were happy to announce the launch of ProtonMails public beta. Now, any member of the general public can get a ProtonMail Beta account instantly. No more waiting for an invitation.

We will continue to work hard on further developing and improving ProtonMail from both a security and usability standpoint and would like to thank all of our several thousand users so far for their help and support. Every bug report that has been submitted has helped us to improve the product. You can keep up to date with our progress on Twitter and also by viewing our Release Notes.

As our users from China, Iran, Russia, and other countries around the world have shown us in the past months, ProtonMail is an important tool for freedom of speech and we are happy to finally be able to provide this to the whole world.

Take back your online privacy now by creating an account here.

Edited by avmad

thanks for info/share :) . I signed up, but its not working for me. When I signing in and type decrypting password and hit enter nothing happens :(

Just signed up! Seems highly secure!

could you access your inbox? which browser do you use? I tested with IE and 0pera 12.16 and none work for me :s

I'm really pleased that you brought this to our attention. I signed up as soon as I saw this post. The only thing though is that at least for now they only allow limited monthly usage allotments for an account. So, at least for the moment, it probably won't be a replacement if you're using something like gmail. Hopefully they'll increase usage allotments down the road, and it will allow us to rid ourselves of some of these other email services that have become so invasive. Wouldn't that be great?

Blackchildcx
F3dupsk1Nup +1000 .....this is why nsaneforums is the most advanced place to be !!

subscribed....seems to be the answer for all this sniffing spys world web wide.... :P ;)

The Switzerland.... B)

Edited by Blackchildcx

Finally got it to work. Looks great so far and lets hope it will work well in a future and many years.

Finally I got some privacy back when using the internet :D :wub:

It needs domstorage to be enabled in FF, else you cannot create an account.

I like the fact it uses 2 passwords one for logging in and other for decryption.And also allowing the user to set the expiration time of an email.

This is awesome. :showoff:

Finally Public Beta.

May 16, 2014

The long wait and anticipation is finally over! Today, were happy to announce the launch of ProtonMails public beta. Now, any member of the general public can get a ProtonMail Beta account instantly. No more waiting for an invitation.

We will continue to work hard on further developing and improving ProtonMail from both a security and usability standpoint and would like to thank all of our several thousand users so far for their help and support. Every bug report that has been submitted has helped us to improve the product. You can keep up to date with our progress on Twitter and also by viewing our Release Notes.

As our users from China, Iran, Russia, and other countries around the world have shown us in the past months, ProtonMail is an important tool for freedom of speech and we are happy to finally be able to provide this to the whole world.

Take back your online privacy now by creating an account here.

This is what i got after initial sign up:

Has anyone got invite ???

Success!

You've successfully reserved your username. We'll notify you when space becomes available in our public beta.

948bennett

Guess we will have to wait until the beta is opened again :(

Edited by 948bennett

Looks like i was one of the lucky ones,time to change all my various accounts from hotmail/gmail to proton.

Thanks very much for the heads up F3dupsk1Nup. :D