video issues

bruinator

PC to monitor works just fine. Added video card from my pc to my ty via HDMI and now I get no video anywhere. When I put my tv on HDMI2 It says the source is not connected.

What could coz all this?

thx

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bruinator

• Dodel

• Deunan

• unknownasphyxiated

Top Posters In This Topic

Missing Drivers... Turn off your P.C, Unplug your Monitor making sure your T.V is the only thing connected to the Video Card, now power on the P.C

Missing Drivers... Turn off your P.C, Unplug your Monitor making sure your T.V is the only thing connected to the Video Card, now power on the P.C

Have you switched output within the graphics card settings to HMDI?, also are you trying to output to your monitor & your TV (via HDMI) at the same time, as some cards don't support that feature (my GTX 760 doesn't afaik).

We really could do with further info, i.e your graphics card make et cetera,

Edited by Dodel

Have you switched output within the graphics card settings to HMDI?, also are you trying to output to your monitor & your TV (via HDMI) at the same time, as some cards don't support that feature (my GTX 760 doesn't afaik).

We really could do with further info, i.e your graphics card make et cetera,

Card is a Sapphire Radeon HD 5450

It worked on both the 1st day I installed it.

Was a bad cable.

Edited by bruinator

Ok, but what about how your setting this up (my other questions), reading about it seems that card doesn't play too well with windows 7, however one thread simply states enure you enable multiple monitors (which I presumed you would have done anyway).

ok, I can see my tv but I do not see my monitor located under display settings. Is that because I did not install drivers? If not, what is the issue then? I am using win 8. How do I enable multiple monitors plz?

thx

Edited by bruinator

ok, I can see my tv but I do not see my monitor located under display settings. Is that because I did not install drivers? If not, what is the issue then? I am using win 8. How do I enable multiple monitors plz?

thx

If you mean your graphics card drivers then yes, if you mean your monitor drivers then maybe, but I run a dual setup and have never had to install monitor drivers.

Edited by Dodel

thx

If you mean your graphics card drivers then yes, if you mean your monitor drivers then maybe, but I run a dual setup and have never had to install monitor drivers.

yes obviosly. I d/l the drivers. It is asking where I want to put destination folder for the drivers. Does it make a difference where I put this folder i need to create? If so, where do I put it plz?

thx

unknownasphyxiated

yes obviosly. I d/l the drivers. It is asking where I want to put destination folder for the drivers. Does it make a difference where I put this folder i need to create? If so, where do I put it plz?

thx

nope...just use the default folder

the file you just downloaded will first extract the installer (which ask for the destination folder for the extraction) then launch it

install then you can control dual monitor/etc from the catalyst software

Guys, I installed the catalyst drivers but I still only see my tv listed and not my dell monitor. What would coz this plz? So, are you saying i wouldnt see it there and i would see it in catalyst software?

thx

Edited by bruinator

Just a quick question as i am very new to amd catalyst control center but hopefully its an easy task to do and someone knows how to do it. In the In amd catalyst control center, What option do I use if i want to toggle between what i want to use either tv or monitor. Do i need to do any setup of something? Are they both listed in a certain area?

thx