AngrySithLord

AngrySithLord

Hi,

I have big problem, from time to time when I listening music or watching a film, my sound lag, stutter etc. Not by all the time...

I saw that when I suspend my computer and then back him again to the living I see that my sound start lagging. I don't now of what nature is this problem - software or hardware.....? Please.... help!

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AngrySithLord

• A.lemane

• rudrax

• windowsvistas

Top Posters In This Topic

windowsvistas

can you share the system details

like ram ,processor speed ,motherboard etc

Your system looks fine from the config you posted, see if something is using the disk, i had this problem once when my antivirus was using 100% disk and my foobar audio would stutter coz it could not find enough disk time to read the audio file... :)

hobbykiosk

Hi,

I have big problem, from time to time when I listening music or watching a film, my sound lag, stutter etc. Not by all the time...

I saw that when I suspend my computer and then back him again to the living I see that my sound start lagging. I don't now of what nature is this problem - software or hardware.....? Please.... help!

try cleaning your cache dude, use ccleaner + winapp2 :lol:

AngrySithLord

Hi,

try cleaning your cache dude, use ccleaner + winapp2 :lol:

Maybe you have right, but I use CCleaner reguraly :rolleyes:

yep thats right and if it didnt work for u then change audio default format to 16 bit 44100 hz (cd quality)

in the speaker properties

Are you using HDMI out from that AMD card for your audio? If so, that's probably the problem and following this guide will take care of it:
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/updated-amd-ati-2d-clock-guide.117633/

Where it tells you to change the idle clock speed, change it to 500, not 300 like the person who made the guide used. I've tried 300 on several cards and it's not high enough & another guide states 500 but I couldn't find that one.

If you aren't using HDMI for audio then I don't know. :)

AngrySithLord

Are you using HDMI out from that AMD card for your audio? If so, that's probably the problem and following this guide will take care of it:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/updated-amd-ati-2d-clock-guide.117633/

Where it tells you to change the idle clock speed, change it to 500, not 300 like the person who made the guide used. I've tried 300 on several cards and it's not high enough & another guide states 500 but I couldn't find that one.

If you aren't using HDMI for audio then I don't know. :)

Thanks, I don't have HDMI audio but I trying this fix and it's not working :rolleyes:

AngrySithLord

try to reinstall your audio driver?

No, but i try tommorow and I write some note what happend with sound lag :showoff:

yep thats right and if it didnt work for u then change audio default format to 16 bit 44100 hz (cd quality)

in the speaker properties

did u try this ?

because it always cause ur problem in low performance PC

What's your audio hardware (you can find it in your device manager)? Do you have latest driver installed for it?

AngrySithLord

Sorry for my delay in this topic :) Today I installed new Realtek HD Audio Drivers v2.74 (7240) and I set up audio default format to 16 bit 44100 hz (cd quality) and it's seems to look like my sound lag has gone... but we will see in period of long time :showoff:

AngrySithLord

What's your audio hardware (you can find it in your device manager)? Do you have latest driver installed for it?

My audio hardware is Realtek HD Audio ALC662 and I have latest driver installed now (v2.74-7240) :)

My audio hardware is Realtek HD Audio ALC662 and I have latest driver installed now (v2.74-7240) :)

As you have installed the latest drivers now, you can try switching back to 24 bit 48khz studio quality sound to see whether that works.

ALC662 chip looks pretty old to me so I have a doubt whether it will support studio quality output for you or not.