Routers... Would it make a significant difference buying a router other than using the one given by the ISP,namely SKY?

Colin

What sort of difference would it make buying a top end router rather than using the one that SKY has supplied with my b/band package? Obviously we all want the fastest speed for d/loads etc. So how good can routers be?

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Colin

• Sonar

• nanoman

• Chancer

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that Much Difference For Average User But if You Want to Have More Features , Performance , Over all high load capable Routers Then you Should Purchase

One Which Suits Your Needs For Example gaming/voip /Streaming Full Hd

Edited by nanoman

What sort of difference would it make buying a top end router rather than using the one that SKY has supplied with my b/band package? Obviously we all want the fastest speed for d/loads etc. So how good can routers be?

make sure you know how to "hack" your sky router to grab your login details from it. you cant just throw in line a router that easy :P

Stream radio,youtube,d/load torrents,sometimes all at same time. Have two laptops wifi, And two android phones..... All at same time,sometimes And sometimes skype.

Have my login details. have explored ins and outs of many stock routers that I have had. :-) I know,or have heard that sky can get a bit assy if you not using their router,not that bothers me!

If stock routers will limit on what I am actually able to get with one that costs £ss,no problem... But on my usage would it benefit me?

If stock routers will limit on what I am actually able to get with one that costs £ss,no problem... But on my usage would it benefit me?

you wont gain any better speed just performance from the new router (and be carefull cause stuff like dd-wrt (custom firmware) don't support the setting that sky users).

sky sux they along with virgin have both said they might be adding custom dns options at a later stage but none of them actually made the move yet.

My post about sky junk

edit

for got to mention asus and buffalo want to be your first choice with routers (learnt from a few members here at nsane)

Edited by Sonar

I use BT Ihave a BT Hub 5 works fine as you can see

Speed_zps207c854a.jpg