Advice on buying a new laptop

Arizin

Hi Guys! I'm planning to buy a new laptop. I have checked out the DELL Inspiron 15R.

Here are the specs:

• 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4500U processor (4M Cache, up to 3.0 GHz)
  • 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3L 1600Mhz
  • AMD Radeon HD 8850M 2GB GDDR5
  • 1TB SATA HD Drive

My priority is gaming. Do you think this will satisfy all my gaming need?

If there is any other rig which is better at this range ,please suggest

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arizin

• nanoman

• gipsy

• Tweety.Abd

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaming >>>> PC >>>> Acceptable Price & You can Customize It The Way You Like And The Way It Should Be

Gaming >>>. Laptop >>>> High Price And you Won't get What you're Expecting

Any way

• 1TB SATA HD Drive >>> You need SSD
  • Other Spec Are Acceptable For The Time Being
Edited by nanoman

I already have a gaming pc and i complete understand that laptops are more expensive than PCs.

I don't want an alienware , just to run all modern games at decent fps.

Specs are good enough, you should be able to play most of the games at acceptable frame rates.

You might Also Wanna Take A look @ Asus Note Book Series Little Bit Pricey But Reliable & sufficient and more features you can get

Edited by nanoman

What I have mentioned is an i7 with a base clock speed of 1.8Ghz ( turbo boost to 3Ghz) having 2 cores.

Some say the lower frequency will have a negative impact on the gaming performance , is it true?

You might Also Wanna Take A look @ Asus Note Book Series Little Bit Pricey But Reliable & sufficient and more features you can get

Do you think the ASUS Brand is reliable ?

Do you think the ASUS Brand is reliable ?

To Be Exact And Straight Honest

Asus Brand Is Reliable Regarding Mother Boards And I can't tell About Gaming Laptops, I Own Asus x552Cl Which is Only Used For Office Stuff and Getting The Job Done and my main PC comes with ROG Extreme MOBO Since long time and it's working as it should be .

Dell Still Solid Brand That is also reliable and quality regarding notebooks and support thy offer

But thought It's Good For You To Take Look Other Manufacturer & Brands

To Take Idea About Prices Spec And Comparison Between Products Plus It seems To Me You Have Small Budget To Go For Then You have to Choose

I recommend You Only Take advice From real Gamer That Have experience With This Kind Of Purchases And Knowledge

But Obviously It's Recommended To Go For Laptop That's Designed And setup for gaming Purposes Such as alien ware But You Have To pay More $

Good Luck and Don't Rush buying What so ever Any One Tell You This or That Laptop Is the Best take Your time And ask & seek For Advice From Experts "real hardcore gamer "

Edited by nanoman

Ok, I'll seek advice form someone who knows more about laptops. Frankly,I know everything about configurations regarding PCs,in fact I built it myself.

Since this is the first time I'm buying a laptop, I'm kind of having a dilemma on which to choose.

The main problem is the graphics of these laptops cannot be upgraded(or might be able), If its upgradable then I would purchase parts and fix it myself.

But anyways, Thx nanoman!

@Arizin Dell u want to buy is ok.if price is good could buy it.

1TB SATA HD Drive >>> You need SSD

how about mSata?

Edited by gipsy

how about mSata?

The dealers never mentioned about mSata.

how about mSata?

One Question. Is it possible to use a external SSD to the laptop I'm purchasing.I mean I have one in my PC .

Is it possible to use a external SSD to the laptop I'm purchasing.I mean I have one in my PC .

it's possible by USB 3.0. but speed will be too slow.

better way is change HDD to SSD & DVD to HDD.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=HDD+instead+DVD+on+laptop

but in your case mSata is the best way ,ask your local dealer about it.

Laptops are never meant for gaming. If you play high 3D graphics demanding games on the laptop, the CPU and GPU generates tremendous amount of heat which for not having enough space and cooling mechanism in a laptop, can't dissipate at required rate and leads to overheat which will kill you machine eventually.

You want to buy a high end laptop, that's a good thing but don't do serious gaming on it.

You want to buy a high end laptop, that's a good thing but don't do serious gaming on it.

DELL Inspiron 15R isn't a hi-end laptop.(it is not Alienware, ROG, Clevo,Sager etc.).

it's just good laptop & all modern games will be working on it.