BIOS Issue

bruinator

I'm trying to install windows 8 on my desktop. When I get to "where do you want to install windows?" I am getting a message of "We couldn't find any drives. To get a storage driver, click load driver." I then click load driver. Next window comes up asking me "to install the devuce driver for your drive, insert the installation media containing the driver files then click ok.. Note: installation media can be a cd, dvd or a flash drive."

I am in BIOS now, under boot tab it says hard drive order it says no HDD..

Someone said to me it sounds like controller is set up for IDE. I looked under advanced tab looked under drive configuration and "configure SATA AS" it says IDE, when I highlighe ide and hit enter I have the option of IDE, RAID, AHCI. Which one do I pick? Also under SATA port 0, 1, 2, 3. It says not installed. Do I need to change something there?

Plz advise. tkx

Edited by bruinator

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bruinator

• dMog

• Kalju

• SPECTRUM

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you do before this? Maybe you do not have any active drive? You will need to make at least one, and it must be marked as active drive. If you're using a disk wipe or wipe partition before, then you've got a blank hard drive, and the problem is there. But maybe drive is, but there isn't drive letter.

If you goes ​​it this far, as you said, there isn't nothing wrong with yours BIOS.