How to damage mobile without losing warranty

princenarwal

princenarwal

so i have this samsung android device which is very slow after its return from samsung care. and they are saying its ok and they can't do anything if it is running, its not a problem if it give me some glitch.

so i want any method to make it faulty so that it can be fixed properly.

So nsaners,

your ideas are welcome ...

also plz be fast as warranty is running out, only 2month left.

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• princenarwal

• spudboy

• dcs18

• bytebunny

you mean break it, without it being obvious, so you can claim off the insurance?

Introducing it to the inside of a microwave for around a minute will have the desired effect B)

/edits - spellin'

Edited by bytebunny

princenarwal

you mean break it, without it being obvious, so you can claim off the insurance?

Introducing it to the inside of a microwave for around a minute will have the desired effect B)

/edits - spellin'

is microwave method is safe?

i.e. don't it burn the mobile?

if it should be switched on, microwave and mobile?

if yes, what should be microwave's setting?

never used a microwave before, so plz explain.

Did you take into consideration that it might be slow because of the OS itself? Reset it to factory. If that doesn't help, than, they aren't allowed to refuse to repair it, a phone must run at specifically parameters, they have all the tools to test it. If they refuse, ask for a refund, at least this is how it is in Europe.

Edited by AlexCross

What model handset is it , do you have insurance you can claim against (say for water / beer / wee, ingress ) or say, a gravity induced breakage ?

It could be that it's running full of bloat (knowing samsung), and it just needs the bloat removing as all ready suggested, so try factory reset first as AlexCross suggested, also which android version are you running ?

Edit: To brick it, you would need to attempt to root it, but that would inturn void your warrenty.

Edited by Dodel

Unlucky_Alf

Few years ago i needed to return a phone, so took it to work and fed 440 volts through its charging port. I had visions of it exploding and not having any phone to return. Fortunately, it quietly killed it without any obvious damage.

princenarwal

Did you take into consideration that it might be slow because of the OS itself? Reset it to factory. If that doesn't help, than, they aren't allowed to refuse to repair it, a phone must run at specifically parameters, they have all the tools to test it. If they refuse, ask for a refund, at least this is how it is in Europe.

Flashed it with factory F/W and cyanogen mod but its always slow. Even opening contacts is slow.

What model handset is it , do you have insurance you can claim against (say for water / beer / wee, ingress ) or say, a gravity induced breakage ?

It could be that it's running full of bloat (knowing samsung), and it just needs the bloat removing as all ready suggested, so try factory reset first as AlexCross suggested, also which android version are you running ?

Edit: To brick it, you would need to attempt to root it, but that would inturn void your warrenty.

No insurance. No bloat-ware

are you sure ? how come samsung care will say like that... R u hiding something ??

as by you,the android device is very slow after it return from them.

So they have to look in this,where they done mistake(while reparing it)..Go back to your near by samsung service center and show them your mobile again...

Btw,,The simple definite answer is you cannot do that. Doing like falling it from a 100 floor building or 2 storey house, breaking its touch screen LCD, overcharging it, exposing it to extreme temperature and soaking it in water,Microwave it,use high voltage to charge etc will still void its warranty. The manufacturer, distributor or reseller will say that it is caused by mishandling or improper usage and that will be your responsibilty. Whether you do it intentionally or not it will be the same.

The best thing to do here is to go to the service center of the shop where you bought this piece. Since the device is under warranty and you will be able to let them fix it with no charges... or request them an upgrade to your mob memory.

Before that, did you install some extra/new apps ..

and which samsung model is this !

Edited by truemate

They won't fix anything if they look at your flash counter.

LOL.... flash counter is he easiest thing to reset....

I don't recommend to cheat but there are some RARE occasions where it is really needed (worked in a Computer shop where the manufacturer refused to accept RMA's cause "no fault was found").

Disassemple an electronic cigarette lighter (one without stone), use some isolation back to secure that the spark doesn't hit you but the device instead, open up the cover and see if you are able to touch with the wire any electronical components on the mainboard (even a GPS antenna sometimes will do).

The touch the wire to the metal connections and fire up the sparkler a few times.

And connecting it to battery pins won't do since they should be protected from such things.

That way I was able to "improve" a few laptops, a few HDDs and a few mem. modules, Haven't tried it with a phone but basics are the same and virtually undetectable if done correctly.

hahaha... this is funny guys, read through all your comments.

Have you all forgotten that warrants varies depening on the country you live in?

Scamsung phones always have this problem. forget about the care center. goto to the xda website and get a custom rom, flash it and it shall be well.

All the best. please try and give us feedback on how far you have gone with it. You can also tell us the Scamsung model.

They won't fix anything if they look at your flash counter.

LOL.... flash counter is he easiest thing to reset....

Sure, Triangle Away. But try setting the warranty bit back to 0x0. It's not possible.

Edited by spudboy

Ask your doggie to pee upon your handset - when he lifts up his paw to do the deed be sure to keep a safe distance from the stream of ejaculation - it's highly acidic. :lol:

Airstream_Bill

Ask your doggie to pee upon your handset - when he lifts up his paw to do the deed be sure to keep a safe distance from the stream of ejaculation - it's highly acidic. :lol:

That sounds like the best solution to me. Good to see you back DCS18 I have missed your common Sense Approach.