Apple Mac G5 problem/ question...

AR_Alex

Ok so I bought an apple mac g5 without knowing much about osx. I got it because it would work perfectly with my presonus digital mixer since it has a compatible firewire card. But when I got it I noticed it had osx 10.5.8 and the latest software for the mixer is for Lion, Mountain Lion, & Mavericks or (10.7, 10.8, 10.9). I then did some more research and found out that those are only for intel-based macs, and the g5 is ppc (power pc) processor not intel. I then researched if it was possible to make it windows but im having a hard time with that since its ppc not intel. Then another problem came up while installing lots of software, when I try to mount dmg's I get a codec overrun error when it verifies the download. Any help would be appreciated...

P.S. I was successfully downloading and installing programs with my friend's internet not mine, but once I brought it here that's when the codec overrun errors started.

Here is my mixer's software - http://www.presonus.com/products/StudioLive-24.4.2/downloads

Edited by AR_Alex

• Replies 1
  • Views 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LOQUILLO

• AR_Alex

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi you mate, forget you of this G5, it's a very old machine, and anymore will work with modern mixers or controllers. You could to get a modern and decent intel machine with a firewire pci adapter.