HDMI Cuts out and crackles at random intervals

Hottwire

Hi all,

Ever since a recent upgrade to the AMD/ATI graphics HDMI drivers. During playback of videos (youtube/vlc etc....) It will sometimes cut out and make a lot of loud crackling which I'm concerned is slowly going to damage my speakers.

Problem is I can't roll back drivers as between finding this fault I upgraded my Graphics card.

Hardware specs attached @ Dropbox

Speaker setup

Sapphire Radeon R9 280x Vapor --> Pioneer A/V Reciever --> Monitor.

I tried the registry idea found at another site:

open regedit and find
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Video\{XXXX...}\0000
( 'XXXX' means device number. There are several device number folder and u should find 'AdapterDesc' in 0000 folder which key value is 'amd radeon HD 7XXX Series'. )

At that '0000' folder, Change 'PP_SclkDeepSleepDisable REG_DWORD' value 0 to 1.
and reboot~!~!~!

but that made no difference.

Should you need anything more from me please let me know.

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hottwire

• spudboy

• Airstream_Bill

• SlimRock

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what worked for me on my HD 7950, but what needs to be changed is slightly different with the latest drivers.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/updated-amd-ati-2d-clock-guide.117633/

This is what you will be looking for:

name="CoreClockTarget_PCI_VEN_1002&DEV_679A&SUBSYS_201C1787&REV_00_4&80E7924&0&0008A">
<Property name="Want_0" value="30000" />

Change the 30000 (or whatever number is listed in your file) to 50000.

Edited by spudboy

my file is already set to

<Feature name="CoreClockTarget_PCI_VEN_1002&DEV_6738&SUBSYS_31071682&REV_00_4&14E8F4CB&0&0010A">          <Property name="Want_0" value="10000" />          <Property name="Want_1" value="77500" />          <Property name="Want_2" value="90000" />
  <Feature name="CoreClockTarget_PCI_VEN_1002&DEV_6798&SUBSYS_3001174B&REV_00_4&14E8F4CB&0&0010A"><Property name="Want_0" value="50000" /><Property name="Want_1" value="0" />

What should i change it to?

bit confused as there are 2

also apparently this fix doesn't work when running dual screens?

also thought i'd mention this

Don't have any onboard Graphics adapter.

Tried uninstall and re-install that did nothing.

Currently running the beta version :

Driver version : 13.35.1005-140131a-167669E-ATI

Catalyst Version : 14.1

CCC Version : 2014.0131.1535.27922

Audio Version: 7.12.0.7718

Which is still experiencing this issue like the latest stable. As again got recommended this on the thread where i read about the registry fix... Apparently they were meant to fix it in this version.... would appear not

Edited by Hottwire

I would do a complete uninstall and then delete that entire ATI folder in AppData\Local becasue the CCC uninstaller doesn't get rid of it. Then reinstall the beta and do those step in the tutorial again. Then in your copy/pasted profile, change any/all "Want_0" value=" to 50000, then activate that profile. After activating it you should see the changes in the Performance/AMD Overdrive section under GPU Clock (your Memory Clock should also go up automatically).

They were supposed to have this fixed a couple years ago. I don't know why they can't get it right.

Edited by spudboy

Try DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode to completely remove the Drivers from your system, then install the Latest Stable Drivers build v13.12, you can also use the Latest beta 14.2 v1.3 if it helps! :)

IMO messing with user profile setting won't be much help as I had tried this workaround & didn't worked for me! :(

P.S. : Delete your personal info from Spec info in the dropbox link e.g. Email id etc! :)

I don't think it's possible for it not to work. The cause of the issue is proven to be idle clock speeds being too low, and simply raising them fixes it. If it doesn't work you're doing it wrong. :P

Edited by spudboy

Cool I shall try DDU with a clean re-install.

Yeah forgot about personal details in the report... done now :P

Just re-installed with the latest beta drivers it finished install but gave me this file stating there were warnings. Not sure if it matters or not but including it for reference.

Report file

Airstream_Bill

If it is not broke do not fix it. Hind site is Great! Hope you get it fixed.

Currently seeing how the 14.2 drivers hold out instead of 14.1.

Will update with results when i can as it never does it when in a game or playing music. It's only on flash based youtube stuff or when watching something through vlc/media player classic.