[Solved]someone help with a budget printer?

Sonar

Budget £100

I have my eyes on:

EPSON Expression Home 412 Wireless Inkjet Printer

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/printers-ink/printers-scanners/all-in-one-printers/epson-expression-home-412-wireless-inkjet-printer-21576116-pdt.html

Anyone recommend an "all in one" that offers good reviews?

edit

Purchased the one above but shouldn't of rushed out as quick as member's suggested laser printers - thanks for the help

Edited by Sonar

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sonar

• stylemessiah

• AlexCross

• mike.mt

Top Posters In This Topic

@Sonar... From my experience over the years with any level of Multi Function InkJet whether Cannon. Epson, HP etc.. is to go for the best / cost per copy, as for frequent use cartridges can work out on the expensive side....

Although higher priced initially, most lasers have lower running costs

Edited by mike.mt

You really should try and get past inkjets printers, its never been more clear at what a rort they are when the price of the printer is only $5 more than the black ink refill

Literally today i saw a new epson at the supermarket of all places, the printer was $48, and the black refill was $38...then you realise that there still 3 (or 4 depending on the level of colirs supported or more rorting as i call it) other inks to buy for colour, and they cost more than the black....so the $48 printer with full complement of colour refills would actually cost over $250. Some printer manufactures also cunningly set their inkjets so they refuse to print with coliur ink low, even if you just want to use black for text printing. again they are just rorting the gullible.

For me its easy, buy laser and save yourself a crapload of money

If you dont need colour printing, then a monochrome laser is dirt cheap, and buy using a price comparison site, the refills (even genuine ones) are cheap as well

Sadly if wireless is a must then youre either limited to inkjet (not by accident do the manufacturers try and only put wireless on their inkjets, they want to keep people paying ridiculous refill prices) or more expensive laser printers....me i usually set up a cheap non wireless laser to a wireless router with usb printer support/share....

Brother has worked out best for me, both for budget and for Business class and Laser printing

Agreed. Brother is the best value in my experience. I got a low-end MFC-465 inkjet/scanner/fax that works like a HP costing 3X more. It's ink is cheaper and many aftermarket alternatives exist that work well and are cheap.

Unless you have to have color, I'd also endorse a low end monochrome laser for personal/light use. I find the best deal (depending on facilities in your area) when I have a color piece worth printing is to upload it to Target or Walmart or Wolf's Camera, etc. and have them print it professionally on heavy Kodak paper with their expensive gear. Target only charges like 35cents for a 4X6 and less than $2 for 8X10. You upload it and they have it ready by time you get there typically.

Edited by davmil

I'n future I wont rush out to buy one, I did actually go ahead and buy the one I mentioned, Ink's arnt a problem, printers fine for what I want it to do.

Ill give it a couple of years then think about getting a laser one.

Thanks for the help (ill be back in a few years time asking for a laser budget printer).