Blocked Internet sites

LjubeGVG

I got a new internet connection in my student home. they have blocked all sites. I've changed the dns servers but it;s not working. if i connect to vpn every site is unbloked.

help please

this message pops out post-50939-0-37907000-1391506101_thumb.j.

thanks.

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LjubeGVG

• AlexCross

• SlimRock

• mike.mt

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Try disabling the Sophos web protection!
  • Open Sophos
  • Click “Configure anti-virus and HIPS”
  • Click “Web protection”
  • Click the box to remove the check for "Block access to malicious websites" and it will disable your Web protection.
  • When complete click OK.

P.S. : If you haven't installed any Web Blocking app, then Contact your ISP!

Edited by slimrock

I got a new internet connection in my student home. they have blocked all sites. I've changed the dns servers but it;s not working. if i connect to vpn every site is unbloked.

help please

this message pops out attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg.

thanks.

They blocked you by a firewall, so it's pointless to try to bypass. Did they took your MAC address?

help please

this message pops out attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg.

thanks.

They blocked you by a firewall, so it's pointless to try to bypass. Did they took your MAC address?

no they didn't look at my MAC adress, but they have router and a lot of switchers. we use only one internet connection for 400 people.:D

you say the is no way to bypass ?

• Open Sophos
  • Click “Web protection”
  • Click the box to remove the check for "Block access to malicious websites" and it will disable your Web protection.

yeah and they will listen to me. they have blocked the sites in the first place they will not unblocked them, not a chance

• Open Sophos
  • Click “Web protection”

and I did not install software on my computer. like sophos

Well, you don't really have any chance, University firewalls are bulletproof for normal users, unless you are a skilled IT, it's pointless to try.

Remember that they log everything. So even if you somehow find a way, you'll be penalized or even kicked out from the University.

Edited by AlexCross

• Open Sophos
  • Click “Web protection”

yeah and they will listen to me. they have blocked the sites in the first place they will not unblocked them, not a chance

So what's the use of getting new internet connection if you can't use it? Are you trying to access the free open Wi-fi Protected network just to boast off that you have a internet connection! :P

Well, you don't really have any chance, University firewalls are bulletproof for normal users, unless you are a skilled IT, it's pointless to try.

Remember that they log everything. So even if you somehow find a way, you'll be penalized or even kicked out from the University.

Bang on!!...Nailed it in one!!.....You stand zero chance of busting this!!!.....Your browsing / MAC address is being logged....Set up to provide Endpoint security layer & prevent bandwidth hogging!!!

http://www.sophos.com/en-us/products.aspx

Brief description of part of what your up against in Sophos Unified Threat Management :-

Web Filtering

Your workers face 40,000 new web threats every day. These threats can put your data at risk, consume network bandwidth and distract workers from their jobs. But cutting web access really isn’t an option—nor does it have to be. Not with us on your side.

Our web protection can help you:

• Control what software and web applications users can run with application control
  • Protect mobile users with in-the-cloud live URL filtering
  • Block the latest drive-by script attacks with anti-malware filtering
  • Free workers from the danger of downloads with file type control
  • Avoid risky and inappropriate sites with productivity filtering
  • Stop users from bypassing your web filters with anonymizing proxies
  • Eliminate a blind spot in your security with HTTPS filtering
  • Protect your data and prevent malware from calling home with DLP
  • Monitor who is surfing where and when with Interactive Web Reporting
Why Sophos Web Protection?

Our web protection blocks web threats at the source. So you can stop malware, fake anti-virus, and phishing attacks before they become a problem. You can also create and enforce acceptable web usage policies. Stay secure simply, with web protection from Sophos using Sophos EndUser Protection with a Web Appliance or within our complete UTM solution.

in the uk they block lots of sites but for me i use https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/hide-my-ass-proxy-extension/

or http://piratebrowser.com/

or mask my ip program that way i can see all sites

Usually in the Universities student home they will take your MAC address, so changing the IP, using a VPN or any other trick won't work, since they will block all the IPs that are not in the list. In the UK they are not doing a good job if people can bypass it so easy :P, although is good for the UK users ;)

Edited by AlexCross

in the uk they block lots of sites but for me i use https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/hide-my-ass-proxy-extension/

or http://piratebrowser.com/

or mask my ip program that way i can see all sites

Usually in the Universities student home they will take your MAC address, so changing the IP, using a VPN or any other trick won't work, since they will block all the IPs that are not in the list. In the UK they are not doing a good job if people can bypass it so easy :P, although is good for the UK users ;)

here they can write a word document. and you say they will detect me :D:D:D

VPN and proxy are working fine, but is there some other way to connect beacause with proxy and vpn I have slow internet?

thx for all posts.

• Open Sophos
  • Click “Web protection”

So what's the use of getting new internet connection if you can't use it? Are you trying to access the free open Wi-fi Protected network just to boast off that you have a internet connection! :P

i know. Fuck them.

BiG Time! :lol:

VPN and proxy are working fine, but is there some other way to connect beacause with proxy and vpn I have slow internet?

thx for all posts.

Good in your case they have not enforced proxy / vpn rules... :) :s ....You could always try another vpn service, provided that your slow down is not due to a traffic shaping policy.

Just be aware that depending on their UTM set up, in future your NIC MAC address could be blocked if they feel your not conforming...

Then your faced with another hurdle to get over.... :angry:

Have fun & all the best with your quest..