i have a problem with my laptop/display

tipo

thanks for the heads up! i`ll try this too and see if something happens.

• Replies 35
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tipo

• locoJoe

• mike.mt

• Dodel

Top Posters In This Topic

completely reformat your computer, reprogram, re-enter all programs. :)

then hit it with a 10 pound hammer...no really try the generic drivers from microsoft... and what OS did you instal

i don`t remeber if this happened with the m$ drivers. hmm...i installed win 7 he x86

Sorry to hear your tale of woe tipo..... from your previous posts & attempted remedies, the likelihood of this being a software issue is rare.

I have seen & heard about white screen issues after logon after system has been infected by certain types of Ransomware nasties.But in your case after a fresh install / security scans, that would have been resolved.

Which leads us to hardware issues.

Although there are numerous threads on this topic along with many tips for fixes. You may find the cure in the following link:-

http://forrestbao.blogspot.com/2012/03/fixing-dell-inspiron-laptops-white.html

Although targeted for Dell it can also apply to HP.

Should this fail, my suggestion would be to take it to a repair center that has the necessary diagnostics for checking components.

did what this guy said and it worked.a couple of days of testing and i`ll give you guys the feedback.

thanks mike! :yes:

Sorry to hear your tale of woe tipo..... from your previous posts & attempted remedies, the likelihood of this being a software issue is rare.

I have seen & heard about white screen issues after logon after system has been infected by certain types of Ransomware nasties.But in your case after a fresh install / security scans, that would have been resolved.

Which leads us to hardware issues.

Although there are numerous threads on this topic along with many tips for fixes. You may find the cure in the following link:-

http://forrestbao.blogspot.com/2012/03/fixing-dell-inspiron-laptops-white.html

Although targeted for Dell it can also apply to HP.

Should this fail, my suggestion would be to take it to a repair center that has the necessary diagnostics for checking components.

did what this guy said and it worked.a couple of days of testing and i`ll give you guys the feedback.

thanks mike! :yes:

great news man!

it came back guys.i powered the laptop and the problem appeared again.i guess it`s the connectivity cable. i`ll call a friend of mine and tell him to have a look at it.

thanks for all the help! you guys are great!

Sorry to hear the symptom occurred again tipo.....

The white blank screen normally indicates that power is going to the back light of the display but no signal is being received from the graphics adapter.....The fix we applied a week back discharged any capacitors / components causing instability.

Fingers crossed that it is just a connectivity issue & hope your buddy can assist....

• 4 weeks later...

fixed it. i mean a buddy of mine. the cable that connects the video card to the display was not properly inserted in the socket.tiny problem after all. :D

thanks for all the support guys! +1 mil!