ESET v4 Fixes

shought

• Replies 2k
  • Views 213.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what ESET has to say on the matter:-

A huge update containing a large number of signatures has recently been released. Trial users may receive it with a certain delay. What you can do is apply for an evaluation ESS license on the ESET download page and use the assigned username and password to update EAV for 30 days.

OK !

MiNodLogin, NodEnabler, NodLogin »»» Update Fine !

The other one -------- b.m. Fix 1.3 -------»»» Fails for the moment...

This are old news...

Hello jofre.

Does NodEnabler always is your favorite ?

Cheers

++

--------------------------------------------------------

Yes !

Because with NodEnabler I have the option to add new sites that provide new keys everyday ( ...the well known Chinese Sites) and this way if one of those included now, fails for some reason, I can always add a new one that works ( one, two or more).

Right now, I still use v. 3.2.4 because 3.3 not in good conditions ( YET ) for WinXP 32 Bits.

Cheers

Jofre

the thing is that if you login with trial key which you get from the eset using your email you can download update so the update servers working with the trial keys and has no problem

the fix doesn't work but i don't know what changes does so the maker of this fix should now what it does and where is the problem and can't update.

about "sought" "There were some changes in the trial mechanism, but it would be crazy for them to not give updates to all the people using the 4.0.467 version, you see, so it's got nothing to do with the updates."

the updates for original and trial users whatever version they have works fine, the mara-fixed versions for some reason doesn't work.

could someone tell us what the fix do to the system and how it is working? how it connect without username and password to eset update servers and download updates? or it doesn't connect to eset servers and connect to another 3rd party hacked server?

Mara-box fix doesn't change any update servers. You can check that by going to the registry on the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Plugins\01000400\Settings where you will see all update servers used and that they all belong to ESET. It takes off the 30 days limit on the trial program (not sure about its mechanisms tho, but I don't think it patches ESET's .exe files).

Anyway, I'm still stuck with the 4534 update, but I'm blaming it on ESET rather than the fix. Let's wait some more..

Anyway, I'm still stuck with the 4534 update, but I'm blaming it on ESET rather than the fix. Let's wait some more..

You're blaming ESET for your problem in updating a no commercial version using fixes? Next action would be asking for refund? LOL

• Administrator

@dimkrom: Great link. ;)

@dcs18: Really thanx for the post #954. :)

You're blaming ESET for your problem in updating a no commercial version using fixes? Next action would be asking for refund? LOL

I'm sure you understood what I meant, but let me explain: I don't think this no updates problem has got to do with using the fix per se, but rather it's a problem on all trial versions below 4.0.468 - whether they're patched or not.

OK !

MiNodLogin, NodEnabler, NodLogin »»» Update Fine !

The other one -------- b.m. Fix 1.3 -------»»» Fails for the moment...

This are old news...

Hello jofre.

Does NodEnabler always is your favorite ?

Cheers

++

--------------------------------------------------------

Yes !

Because with NodEnabler I have the option to add new sites that provide new keys everyday ( ...the well known Chinese Sites) and this way if one of those included now, fails for some reason, I can always add a new one that works ( one, two or more).

Right now, I still use v. 3.2.4 because 3.3 not in good conditions ( YET ) for WinXP 32 Bits.

Cheers

Jofre

OK ! Thanks

using nod 32 av 4.o467 latest def installed is 4542 also using latest version 3.0.684 also updated to latest def 4542 . have also downloaded av 4.0.468 and have noticed thats its smaller in size by about 4mb . surely it should be the other way round ? but then i dont know . oh also using nodlogin latest . gives me till 24 of march 2010 .

Latest definition update is 4541. Hope everybody starts receiving auto-updates soon.

might also add that this is using auto update and not manual update

edit . also this is the trial versions of eset av or at least the ones available here for download

which fix are u using..

i recommend the box-mara fix,its just install and forget.i m not currently using eset,but i have found it the most usefull and hassle free

which fix are u using..

i recommend the box-mara fix,its just install and forget.i m not currently using eset,but i have found it the most usefull and hassle free

wait a certain amount of time.if it doesnt still update

uninstall Eset and the fix

restart

install Eset,fix it with Box-mara fix

restart

stay patient for ur first update,it sometimes takes 4-5 tries,before it begins to update.

Note:if people other than u are facing the same problem,then there may be a problem with the Eset server or its time to upgrade the Box-mara fix

I've also been having trouble updating with version 4.0.467 of ESET NOD32 AntiVirus with box,mara fix 1.3.

Just downloaded version 4.0.468 after seeing that the change was "A small fix regarding the trial mechanism".

Still not updating to the latest definitions though.

I guess there's nothing else to do except wait patiently until we get more insight into the issue.

wait a certain amount of time.if it doesnt still update

uninstall Eset and the fix

restart

install Eset,fix it with Box-mara fix

restart

stay patient for ur first update,it sometimes takes 4-5 tries,before it begins to update.

Note:if people other than u are facing the same problem,then there may be a problem with the Eset server or its time to upgrade the Box-mara fix

@kahak

box-mara fix does its job briliantly,but sometimes this happens.Nothing to worry about though

Guys, I checked servers and they are not working OK at the moment. This happened before and it was always solved. Servers are probably overloaded. Just wait until Eset resolves it, no need to worry. I still did not check v4.0.468.0 because I was working on Nero Lite. I'll do it soon.

Cheers ;)

Guys, I checked servers and they are not working OK at the moment. This happened before and it was always solved. Servers are probably overloaded. Just wait until Eset resolves it, no need to worry. I still did not check v4.0.468.0 because I was working on Nero Lite. I'll do it soon.

Cheers ;)

allright guys ,

nothing to worry , all is fine .

just updated ESET AV 4.0.467 to database 4543 a few minutes ago . :yes:

my last database was 4353 updated on 22 .10. 2009.

just be patient .

the update will work !

:notworthy: hail to Box,Mara for making this great fix !

ANW , waiting for Mara's response to should we upgrade to 4.0.468 or 4.0.467 is fine ....................

aw thanks u help me!! i have updated my NOD32 to latest definition!!!! but have to wait so long!! and tried to update 7-9 time the only it can full update....is this happen to all or just me?

Glad your issue is resolved. victory.gif

Archived