ESET v4 Fixes

shought

Yes I believe it is. But all of you that had a valid license, why did you try to update using the new version? Greed? I have the latest NL version but don't bother installing it till necessary.

• Replies 2k
  • Views 213.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Mara- was right. There is some problem is update servers. As the new definition are already available but we cannot get them. :unsure:

Mara- was right. There is some problem is update servers. As the new definition are already available but we cannot get them. :unsure:

• Administrator

What I would like to see is ESET offering .exe updates( update downloads from the site). :yes:

BTW I also tried a proxy but still it's not workin for me.

What I would like to see is ESET offering .exe updates( update downloads from the site). :yes:

I'm also stuck with the 4534 update using ESET Smart Security with mara&box's fix. I think this no-updating problem only occurs with the trial version, since people using keys to bypass verification seem to be getting their updates normally. Let's hope this is sorted out soon!

BTW: is it normal only to be able to do the updates manually using this fix? I scheduled every 30 min to check for updates but NOD only does it when I click on it myself. Just wondering.

I'm also stuck with the 4534 update using ESET Smart Security with mara&box's fix. I think this no-updating problem only occurs with the trial version, since people using keys to bypass verification seem to be getting their updates normally. Let's hope this is sorted out soon!

BTW: is it normal only to be able to do the updates manually using this fix? I scheduled every 30 min to check for updates but NOD only does it when I click on it myself. Just wondering.

i thought so too, i tried the keyfinders and guess what, it updated to 4537. gonna swtch back to mara fix until the updating is fixed thanks to all :)

mm using Box mara 1.3 and just few sec. ago i had a screen telling that im using invalid username and password :blink:

yeah i see that my def. is still at 4534 but what is strange is that screen nag , never had with boxmara fix!

thanks

Yes, I think, if you use some of the fancy installation customizing tools available from MS. Forget the name but it something like "Windows Automated Installation Kit." Otherwise, you can remove it after installation by typing "windows features" in the start/search box and hitting enter. You simply then uncheck .net xx from the list that appears and hit apply and it's deactivated.

About Java, there are so many other (mostly web related) apps I use that depend on Java, I couldn't do without it. My W7 machine (which is a two year old laptop) flies with W7 anyway so neither Java nor .net are a concern to me.

Thanks for this response, hat i was searching for is your first answer, but it seems it's for several OS, but not for W7 (i guess they haven't updated that DL)...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C7D4BC6D-15F3-4284-9123-679830D629F2&displaylang=en

About VMs i have slowly dropped the number of used applications, and i've ended deleting Java VM, but not stupid .NET cause i currently need nLite. If not, i'd get rid of that shit also.

The only thing i really hate but need is Flash. I really hope this one and M$SilverShit will disappear in the future, but the only current replacement is <video> tag introduced in HTML5, and it doesn't interact with the user.

x86/x86-64 Win32PE code forever !!!

4538 defs. Just use nodlogin instead of other fixes and you should update normally. NL was, is and will remain the best solution.

• Administrator

If ESET's schedule is at default, it will check for a automatic update every 30mins or 1hour.

ANW I still haven't got my update. I will like mara- to reply on it.

If ESET's schedule is at default, it will check for a automatic update every 30mins or 1hour.

using nodlogin my current defs are 4539 and they're auto updated. so i guess it's a using-trial-fix problem

using nodlogin my current defs are 4539 and they're auto updated. so i guess it's a using-trial-fix problem

Yeah, this is the main problem with using a trial fix instead of a license key inserter fix. Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages. The users of the trial fix should just relax and forget about it because within a few days or so, things should return to normal. They always have in the past and this kind of interruption in update service for the trial versions has been experienced many times before. It is not really dangerous to be running with definitions that are a couple of days out of date. Eset has heuristic detection that probably would catch most things anyway.

If it really bothers anyone, perhaps they should consider switching to a license key inserter method of fixing Eset.

• Administrator

@Mara-: Well can you tell me is it safe to use the latest 4.0.468.0 of ESET NOD32( SS is not updated, just av is updated)?

Safe in the sense, would box, mara-fix work on it? See the changelog for the reason I'm askin.

@Mara-: Well can you tell me is it safe to use the latest 4.0.468.0 of ESET NOD32( SS is not updated, just av is updated)?

Safe in the sense, would box, mara-fix work on it? See the changelog for the reason I'm askin.

theres a new 4.0.468?

:party:

GOOD NEWS FOR ALL !!! :dance2: :dance2: :dance2:

TAKE NOTE :

FIX for ESET ----»» MiNodLogin 3.7.0.1 (32 & 64 bits OS)

- Present and next versions can be downloaded from now on from here :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

minodlogin.blogspot.com/

Cheers

Jofre

Or if you wish, you may also Download ESET AV - v.4.0.468 from here :-

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4

Microsoft® Windows® Vista/XP/2000 (32-bit)

Version: 4.0.468, File size: 30 MB :-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

download.eset.com/eval/win/eav/eav_nt32_enu.msi

and

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4

Microsoft® Windows® Vista/XP (64-bit)

Version: 4.0.468, File size: 33 MB :-

download.eset.com/eval/win/eav/eav_nt64_enu.msi

Cheers

Jofre

:party:

GOOD NEWS FOR ALL !!! :dance2: :dance2: :dance2:

TAKE NOTE :

FIX for ESET ----»» MiNodLogin 3.7.0.1 (32 & 64 bits OS)

- Present and next versions can be downloaded from now on from here :

minodlogin.blogspot.com/

Cheers

Jofre

@jofre

just google recently and end up there, but thanks for the info anyway.

There is no other explanation, except that servers are overloaded or something. I'll do some checking.

Cheers ;)

The servers are fine (no overload whatsoever.).

ESET has changed something. I'm on definition # 4539 with NodLogin 10 C (10 B may not work for everyone.)

There is no other explanation, except that servers are overloaded or something. I'll do some checking.

Cheers ;)

The servers are fine (no overload whatsoever.).

ESET has changed something. I'm on definition # 4539 with NodLogin 10 C (10 B may not work for everyone.)

'Premium' users get priority when the server is having high load, trial users will only be able to get the updates after a lot of tries or whenever the servers recover.

im still having these screen asking for a valid username and password , while updating.

Anyway using Nod32 Update Viewer, no trial servers got definitions. So probably is really just problem with the trial server...

Edit: bytheway i found these strange changelog for the 468 version:

Trial versions of ESET NOD32 Antivirus are now available. Due to a small fix required for the trial mechanism, these builds have version number 4.0.468.0. They are otherwise identical to the 4.0.467.0 release for licensed users.

a little scary....

Archived