ESET v4 Fixes

shought

• Replies 2k
  • Views 213.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to use the Box-Mara fix on a limited rights account (not admin). How can I set this up?

No, you need admin rights.

Cheers ;)

garrettgates

hi all, i was wondering if anyone could help me install the mara fix for eset smart security 4.0.437 on windows 7, my trial period seems to have expired. please help someone. :frusty: :mellow:

Right-click the fix and 'Run as admin'.

I want to use the Box-Mara fix on a limited rights account (not admin). How can I set this up?

No, you need admin rights.

Cheers ;)

I think it is possible by executing the box, mara-fix on limited accounts, 'as admin' inside the compatibility tab (not sure if all of this is possible, but might be worth checking it out).

got bored of nodlogin's useless new hidden mode, so switched to nodenabler.. until it'd work, i had to "h4x0r" :P .NET Framework 1.1 to install on Win 7.. but it's fine now.. B)

• Administrator

"h4x0r" :P .NET Framework 1.1 to install on Win 7? I mean you should install .Net Framework 3.5. :P

"h4x0r" :P .NET Framework 1.1 to install on Win 7? I mean you should install .Net Framework 3.5. :P

.net framework 3.5 is included in win7, u just have to tick it from "turn windows features on or off".. it wouldn't work, so i decided to get framework 1.1 on it, it had to be slipstreamed with the sp1 to get it installed..

and now nodenabler w0rx.. :ph34r:

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 include the functions available in Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1.

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, on the other hand, does not.

If you already had 3.5 installed, I don't see why it wouldn't work, unless the program is doing a version check of the framework, which is bad programming. Programmers should do function checks, not version checks. It might be worth sending a note to the NodEnabler guys if that's actually the case.

• Administrator

See NodEnabler is hit by bad programming. :P

That is why I say always use box, mara-fix. :D

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 include the functions available in Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1.

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, on the other hand, does not.

If you already had 3.5 installed, I don't see why it wouldn't work, unless the program is doing a version check of the framework, which is bad programming. Programmers should do function checks, not version checks. It might be worth sending a note to the NodEnabler guys if that's actually the case.

i guess it is.. i was sure it'd work with 3.5 sp1 too.. :frusty:

NodEnabler v.3.2.4 works with Microsoft.Net Framework 1.1 and this I am sure because I tested NodEnabler with just Microsoft.Net Framework 1.1 installed.

Of course should work with .Net framework 3.5 installed.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: There is also a good Fix called MiNodLogin latest version 3.6.0.1 which isn`t at frontpage yet a it`s a pity because it works fine-----» Page 40, Post 796 this Topic.

Needs java.

Cheers

Jofre

See NodEnabler is hit by bad programming. :P

That is why I say always use box, mara-fix. :D

---------------------------------------------------------

You shouldn`t comment about things you don`t know nothing about !... and not only about this matter !

NodEnabler v.3.2.4 works with Microsoft.Net Framework 1.1 and this I am sure because I tested NodEnabler with just Microsoft.Net Framework 1.1 installed.

Remember: There is also a good Fix called MiNodLogin latest version 3.6.0.1 which isn`t at frontpage yet a it`s a pity because it works fine-----» Page 40, Post 796 this Topic.

Needs java.

Cheers

Jofre

well, it didn't, i had it installed on win7 and it has 3.5 sp1 integrated (has to enabled).. it was enabled but nodenabler came out with some -1 error..

so i installed 1.1 and now it works.. strange..

---

since minodlogin uses java, does it start JRE everytime it starts?

• Administrator

@jofre: Yea yea I know you don't like jokes. :unsure:

Needs java.

Cheers

Jofre

well, it didn't, i had it installed on win7 and it has 3.5 sp1 integrated (has to enabled).. it was enabled but nodenabler came out with some -1 error..

so i installed 1.1 and now it works.. strange..

---

since minodlogin uses java, does it start JRE everytime it starts?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I have it installed on another OS Backup.

You may RUN " MsConfig " and uncheck JRE at STARTUP.

yeah, i know, i'd never let it run on startup.. what i was asking is if it starts with it.. like when u're on webpage w/ java applet and that coffee cup icon (lulz) opens on ur taskbar, does that happen when nodenabler runs?

yeah, i know, i'd never let it run on startup.. what i was asking is if it starts with it.. like when u're on webpage w/ java applet and that coffee cup icon (lulz) opens on ur taskbar, does that happen when nodenabler runs?

--------------------------------------------------

When NodEnabler runs ? You probably mean MiNodLogin and not NodEnabler. That can happen if webpage needs java. However I dont see what`s the problem.

nodenablernotworkingwit.png

I'll install Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 and see if that makes a difference.

I should note that the above VM is not connected to the Internet, which could also be the source of the error.

Yes, it does, only when MiNodlogin starts.

thx 4 the answer.. :]

sounds like an annoyance.. :/

I should note that the above VM is not connected to the Internet, which could also be the source of the error.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Intall NodEbler 3.2.4 and do not touch on " Settings Manager " yet.

Go to----»» http://nod123.cn/ and use valid username and password from this chinese site ; insert on ESET AV or ESS you are using. Update manually (first time must be manually).

As soon as you got 1st manual update you can delete those Username and Password and insert new ones clicking on NodEnabler shortcut.

Now on NodEnabler "Settings Manager" you have to configure according to your needs (I checked everything).

Automatic updates from now on.

Later, you have to schedule ESET according to your needs.

Cheers

Jofre

thx 4 the answer.. :]

sounds like an annoyance.. :/

Not an annoyances, you hardly notice it unless you use Task Manager.

A few seconds is all it takes and then the process went off.

--------------------------------------------------

When NodEnabler runs ? You probably mean MiNodLogin and not NodEnabler. That can happen if webpage needs java. However I dont see what`s the problem.

yeah, i meant minodlogin, my bad.

That's the error I was getting on Win7 before installing dotnetfx1.1.. i had a valid user/pass already installed and had updated manually various times tho, as i was using nodlogin first.. |||| :huh:

Archived