ESET v4 Fixes

shought

Hi,

I gladly would like to download Eset NOD32 V4 but don't understand a bit of the procedure I should follow, being a N00B :wub:

(Have been using NOD already but as I was not sure it went okay I deleted it (without restart), performed Ccleaner afterwards so now I'm without AV protection.... :fear: )

Could anyone be of help please, if it's possible I would prefer a Dutch explanation ...... so it will be easier to understand (I think) :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance

First click here. Download Nod32, then you need a fix for it, there are several to choose from on the page. I recommend you download box-mara fix v1.3. So thus far you would have downloaded 2 files. Install NOD32, follow on screen instructions, if it asks to reboot click no. Extract box-mara fix from the winrar file, right click the .EXE file and run as Administrator. Follow the onscreen instructions and install the fix. Then you can reboot your system.

Note: you might need to enter the nod32 settings page and disable self defence feature and reboot before applying box-mara fix. Good luck.

• Replies 2k
  • Views 213.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been on that page several times..... :) but don't know wether I should download 32-bit or 64-bit (In case if it's important, I'm running Windows XP Home SP3)

And what's the nod32 setting page?

I've been on that page several times..... :) but don't know wether I should download 32-bit or 64-bit (In case if it's important, I'm running Windows XP Home SP3)

And what's the nod32 setting page?

most likely you have 32-bit Windows so get the 32-bit version of NOD32. I think you can check to see what windows you have by right clicking "my computer" on the desktop then click properties. It should say 64bit there if it is indeed 64bit, but as I said it is most likely 32-bit, to be honest I never heard of XP 64-bit home edition anyway so use the 32-bit NOD32.

I installed NOD but I couldn't click no when it asked to restart. I only could cross out..... Now I'm looking to a screen that says:

Eset NOD32 Antivirus Setup Wizard ended prematurely

Eset NOD32 Antivirus setup ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, please run the installation again.

Click the finish button to exit the Setup Wizard.

Did something went wrong? Or do I have to click finish and the restart procedure will occur?

And ain't seeing a exe.file in the mara box?

Just following files:

[Virus total report] readme [password] eset fix.rar and a blue N [nsane.down- the fitire thing]..... :wub:

• Administrator

Don't think or do anythin to box, mara- fix v1.3 now. We will catch it later. The main problem is the ESET installation. Now last time you removed your AV, did you uninstalled it or just deleted it's files?

I did uninstall, but did not restart the computer after that... As I did read somewhere over here.... And I deleted the file ESET in my program files.

aaaaaaaaa, noooo, still shows the freaking splash screen with hide commandline.. dohh :frusty:

i simply like set & forget fixes, but nodlogin splash on windows 7 startup wouldn't be very elegant.. <_<

There's absolutely no need to run it at every startup. So don't run it at start up . . . problem solved.

I only run it when the license expires, usually less than once per month. I can certainly stand to see a splash screen for a second or two once per month.

i'm considering to start standing it ( :P ), but i can't stand shortcuts on my desktop.. so it'd be scrolling thru the start menu..

anyhow, this fix is no longer suitable for set & forget.. it's now more like forget & miss updates

Why don't you simply reboot and try to install again? Why is so hard to do a reboot? You are waiting for replies and you not trying to do anything by yourself. Do a reboot, try to install again and report your results.

• Administrator

Yes, even I thought rebootin would solve the problem. I had faced this problem when I was usin AVG but I think it got solved when I rebooted. Sometimes rebootin wouldn't work then I rebooted again and it worked.

Even if it doesn't work like that. Report again. ;)

I did reboot and install ESET again. It finished without telling to reboot...

Now I'm at the point of running the fix as administrator. I get the following window:

Novice or advanced user, please read this or youll end up getting screwed:

-You have to remove all other fixes that you have currently installed before executing this one.

-Before you upgrade to a new version of ESET you have to UnFox ESET.

-After using this fix you wont be able to see the virus signature database information from your ESET tray icon.

-The ESET icon might show red after you reboot/apply the fix, please do a manual update, it might take some time before you get it.

-Trial watermark removal is supported for all 32bit versions of ESET, but only for the English 64bit version V4 only.

-After applying this fix the ESET GUI will be restarted, because of this you will see two ESET icons in your tray. Hover them and one will disappear.

-This fix does not modify any of ESETs files, however if you select Remove trial watermarks it does patch the egui.exe file.

If you want to return to this window at any time click Read Me first!.

Should I see this and is it okay to click ok???

And what does [ Hover them and one will disappear] means??

• Administrator

Now wait. Let me tell you a simple way. Read the warning. Click OK without any fear, but read and understand it.

1)Have you used any fix previously? Remove it.

2)Reboot if you had uninstalled the previously installed fix.

3)Open ESET ---> advance view ---------> setup -----------> enter entire advance setup tree -----------> uncheck Enable Self-Defense.

4)Reboot.

5)Open box, mara- fix v1.3 and click Enable Self-Defense (you will need to reboot). Fix it.

6)It will automatically reboot.

It's done. No general problem forever. Or for sometime. These are very easy steps.

I did install Eset about 5 days ago from the torrent of deep1 via mininova, I don't know (as I removed everything of that torrent) if there was a fix in it.... :huh:

Should I not click ok at the information screen of the fix ? :s

• Administrator

Do you feel you had done some fixes? Was countdown of ESET trial on? I mean now 30 days left tomorrow 29days left.

Countdown showed 244.... days

These were the install instructions:

Eset NOD32 Anti-Virus & Smart Security 3.0.669

Pre-Cracked for 67 years

Installation: Since many seem to have trouble installing this, here’s what you need to do to get it working.

Note: Disable UAC first if you’re using Vista!

1. Uninstall NOD32 completely! That includes previous fixes and everything related!. I recommend using Your Uninstaller! to remove it. If you didn’t get this pre-cracked version working on the first try then uninstall it!

2. If it asks you to restart after uninstalling do not restart yet! Let Your Uninstaller! remove the registry keys and everything. After that restart manually from the start menu!

3. Install this version. When asked check set update parameters later.

4. If the setup asks you to restart after installing DO NOT RESTART! Click No instead!

5. Restart manually from the start menu

6. After restarting click Update in NOD32. After it updates it should say you have got 24XXX Days remaining! If it doesn’t then you have not followed this guide correctly!

------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have the idea that I have done some fixes?

Okay if you uninstalled NOD32.. you need to do two things.. First create and export your settings if you have any..save the file to a good location for use later..

Now when you uninstall NOD you will notice that the service will still run on your system and that all files are still there.. If you shred all of the files the service file still remains.. You must delete everything her and you must delete everything in your Common and Application Data Folders.. check also Local Settings > Application Data.. once you have done this you should should then Open the main directory and your Task manager... Kill the Process for NOD and delete the file.. you have to do this quickly before it restarts..You almost cant get rid of it.. I have several programs that will aid in this.. but there are AV removal softwares that will do this for you and you may also try manually using the command prompt to remove it.. .. and use Windows Installer Cleanup.. you can get it fro Microsoft.. Make sure you remove any installation files that be lingering in your system, Once this is done clean your registry settings..

This should put your system in a state as though it has never had NOD installed.. This is usually necessary which trying different fixes/alterations.. Problems can come from changes to the installer, different types of installers... ( Trial vs. Full and other versions )

Next make sure you reboot... and install following the instruction exactly as stated. If you have the fix installed it will give you an option to remove it.. If I remember correctly...The old fix was easy to get rid of .. you just go into the WINDOWS dir and delete the reset.exe... nother good thing is to check your logs to see if it has detected and cleaned it. You may have to replace the files and ad exclusions.. depending on what you are doing..

Anyway.. That's what I would do.. if it doesn't work then certain system configuration settings may actually be inhibiting this type of fix on your system..So you may want to try something else..

ODD thing about this is that the box,mara fix does not reset it for 24,XXX days.. it does a trial version reset for 31 days.. and should not be the integral part of this type of fix..I think maybe they included it as an alternative.. BUT do follow the instruction word for word..including reboot time and so on..

EDIT: according to the information in the first few lines you posted your done..

I did uninstall the earlier version (of deep1 from mininova) this morning.... Searching for a full version of Eset again I found the instructions (on mininova from shought and his redirection to nsane..... Then I downloaded the 32bit version over here, etc.

After your reply I did uninstall everything once again so there is nothing left of Eset on my computer right now I suppose...

What do you mean with [ what is your OS?]

OS = Operating System

Windows XP = Main folder: C:\Program Files\ESET, C:\Documents and Settings\(Insert Account or User Name here)\Application Data\ESET, and C:\Documents and Settings\(Insert Account or User Name here)\Local settings\Application Data\ESET.. nothing in Common Files..

Windows Vista = C:\Users\Name I think\ something, something..( I don't know this one off the top of my head but I can get it )

Windows 7 = I have no idea..

If you suppose .. I am assuming your guessing or the folder is gone or empty?

It is important that all of these file are gone when you clean the registry and invalid settings entries. If they are not all entries will remain to be defunct in your new installation and you will repeat the issue over and over..EPIC FAIL in other words..Something to remember for most installations and programs..

:rolleyes: I did delete all files task manager did find ... I did run Revo uninstall, Ccleaner, and I think everything is gone now...

My OS is Windows XP Home SP3

Okay now do a fresh install.. of a trial that you have gotten from the main site.. and then you can apply the fix..follow the instructions and you should be good to go..

And I almost forgot that you should import your settings now too if you exported them.. I LOVE this feature..:thumbsup:

Archived