Your Windows 8 Evaluation Version Has Expired, Get Ubuntu

Pedrito

Your-Windows-8-Evaluation-Version-Has-Ex

Microsoft has been forced by the European Union to provide alternatives to Internet Explorer in its Windows operating systems, but maybe in the future it might have to give users the option to choose something else in terms of OS.

A very interesting screenshot has been making the rounds on Google Plus, showing a notification in Windows 8 about the impeding expiration of an evaluation version.

Someone modified the image so that the options for the user are “Get Windows,” “Close,” and “Get Ubuntu.” This is actually funny because a new major Ubuntu version is scheduled for release in April and people might look at it as a replacement for Windows.

Original article on Softpedia

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jackieo

• Pedrito

• Lyon275

• Yorel

I doubt about MS be forced to recommend another OS because you choose it not MS. With IE was different, the browser already was installed in OS you installed.

seriously? I thought we had all gotten over this? here we go again - its netscape navigator all over again

oh and

EDIT - omg i noticed it was posted on google+ for real? are they crazy? forcing freedom of choice? HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

google+ is populated by morons, and users forced to use by anyone who wants to comment on a you tube video

so fuck all this forced integration crap

FREEDOM FROM FORCED INTEGRATION? REALLY? :pos:

Google+ let us have our you tube channels without forced link to google+ !!! give us our freedom, you fukkers!!

ITS BLOODY IRONIC ISNT IT?

Edited by jackieo

• 2 weeks later...

Mhhh, you reminded me about the old days when I used Mandrake, maybe I will install Linux these days, I miss it :P

2003 - I purchased Mandrake 7 (? I think...memory is fuzzy) at Wal-Mart for 14 bucks, took it home, and learned how to install it on a Compaq 3000R, and dual booted it with XP

I could not get it to go online... it looked like a nice version of win 98... couldn't do much with it, was interesting experience, all in all :)

So I got to run around in Linux land for a bit, but was happy to come back home to XP.

I have read reviews of the newer flavors of linux, but i just cannot make the leap to abandon windows.

Too much stuff - games etc video editing - I need less headaches these days, and less hassles...

thats also why I never went Mac.... ( not to mention the price tag shock on all their gear and software)

Edited by jackieo

nice video transitions he uses- wish I knew what that one was where the text grows and moves offscreen...

other than that, its looks way too geeky for me....

watching that video gives me appreciation of how much windows does for you

Edited by jackieo