• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matt

• Beamslider

• Kalju

• Alien8

november_ra1n

When using Windows 8.1 does it have to sign in to an outlook.com (hotmail.com) from Microsoft or can it also be another email account?

Cheerd.. :)

How to Switch from a Microsoft Account to a Local Account in Windows 8 and 8.1

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/4842-local-account-switch-windows-8-a.html

Edited by november_ra1n

• Administrator

After installing Windows 8.1 you've to disconnect the internet connection if you want to setup a local account. Cause Windows 8.1 if you've internet connection will required to setup with Microsoft account.

Shaheen - there is an option during install to use a local account - but it isn't obvious.

You have to tell it you want to use an existing account and then choose local.

After installing Windows 8.1 you've to disconnect the internet connection if you want to setup a local account. Cause Windows 8.1 if you've internet connection will required to setup with Microsoft account.

What kind of talk is this? Have you ever installed Windows 8.0 or 8.1? It seems not.

• Administrator

What kind of talk is this? Have you ever installed Windows 8.0 or 8.1? It seems not.

yes same at first but in final installing when windows ask to choose pc name in Windows 8.1 ask to login with Microsoft account if you've internet connected.

There is an option in Windows 8.1 install to create a local account...You do not need to disconnect from the internet to install with local account.

yes same at first but in final installing when windows ask to choose pc name in Windows 8.1 ask to login with Microsoft account if you've internet connected.

Hey, thanks for the good advice. Despite the fact that have installed many thousands of times, this option has not yet been myself discovered.

Good, that you said...

• Administrator

Hey, thanks for the good advice. Despite the fact that have installed many thousands of times, this option has not yet been myself discovered.

Good, that you said...

I've no idea what fact you talking about is it that you installed many thousands of times?!! cause windows 8.1 is out only since 2 months I've no idea is that many thousands of times is fact or even true or close enough.

Windows 8.1 Installation + Internet -> Ask for an Outlook account (not displaying -by now- another option). You are asked to create one and then *magic* there is an option to use a Local Account.

Windows 8.1 Installation - Internet -> Offers to use an Outlook account or a Local Account directly.

Edited by anakin206

• Administrator

Here is the option in install towards the very end you do not need to go thru a bunch of hoops to create only local account.

windows_customise.png

windows_customise_2.png

Is this windows 8.1 ?

Yes it is Windows 8.1 but it is similar in Windows 8 as well.

Windows 8.1 don't give this sorry.

You are wrong both Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 allow the easy creation of a local only account on install. You do not need to disconnect from the network at all. Those two screen shots may have been from Windows 8 as they were ones I had on the hard drive from installing in VM before.

I have just reinstalled Windows 8.1 in VM ware and the screen shots are here showing the option.

When the PERSONALIZE SCREEEN appears, give the Computer a names of your choice and hit next. Choose the network type and hit next

Personalize_1.png

Once you have done that a new screen appears. Click CUSTOMIZE.

Personalize_2.png

You will be presented with several screens of items to customize. Make your choice and hit next on each one until you get to the screen below. CLICK CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT.

Personalize_4.png

You will then get the screen below. Click SIGNIN WITHOUT A MICROSOFT ACCOUNT.

Personalize_5.png

CREATE YOUR LOGIN ACCOUNT….This is a local account.

Windows_8_x64_2_2013_12_20_14_42_18.png

• Administrator

You are wrong both Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 allow the easy creation of a local only account on install. You do not need to disconnect from the network at all. Those two screen shots may have been from Windows 8 as they were ones I had on the hard drive from installing in VM before.

I have just reinstalled Windows 8.1 in VM ware and the screen shots are here showing the option.

When the PERSONALIZE SCREEEN appears, give the Computer a names of your choice and hit next. Choose the network type and hit next

Personalize_1.png

Personalize_2.png

You will be presented with several screens of items to customize. Make your choice and hit next on each one until you get to the screen below. CLICK CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT.

Personalize_4.png

Personalize_5.png

Yes this's Windows 8.1 old one not Windows 8.1 look even the color is different. That's my point the old picture you post Windows 8 not 8.1. Even the options in the first picture you post I can't see them now. Thanks :)

Edited by Bryan

• Administrator

Personalize_1.png

Personalize_2.png

Personalize_4.png

Personalize_5.png

Yes this's Windows 8.1 old one not Windows 8.1 look even the color is different. That's my point the old picture you post Windows 8 not 8.1. Even the options in the first picture you post I can't see them now. and I didn't speak anything about Windows 8 for create local account read well. Thanks :)

Edited by Bryan

I have carefully read what you said in this thread.

You said:

"After installing Windows 8.1 you've to disconnect the internet connection if you want to setup a local account. Cause Windows 8.1 if you've internet connection will required to setup with Microsoft account."

That is not correct...In either Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 you do not need to disconnect from the the network to install with a local account only. You are not REQUIRED to set up a Microsoft account at all. Both Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 offer the option to install with only a local account while connected to a network. It is easy in either.

you also said:

"Windows 8.1 don't give this sorry."

That also is not correct...Windows 8.1 does give the option to create a local account and not create a Microsoft account.

Edited by Beamslider

• Administrator

I have carefully read what you said in this thread.

You said:

"After installing Windows 8.1 you've to disconnect the internet connection if you want to setup a local account. Cause Windows 8.1 if you've internet connection will required to setup with Microsoft account."

That is not correct...In either Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 you do not need to disconnect from the the network to install with a local account only. You are not REQUIRED to set up a Microsoft account at all. Both Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 offer the option to install with only a local account while connected to a network. It is easy in either.

you also said:

That also is not correct...Windows 8.1 does give the option to create a local account and not create a Microsoft account.

I mean by the picture the one you post I asked you is this picture Windows 8.1 "you reply yes it's Windows8.1" and I reply back "Windows 8.1 don't give this sorry." for what you said wasn't Windows 8.1 I didn't mean by local option and you did post next pictures of Windows 8.1 and how the options look like. I believe pictures are not the same. and again read well and I don't mean by read well that just read I hope you read and understand what I said. Thanks and for Windows 8.1 that you've to disconnect the net yes I wasn't right about that cause I never go throw setup new account for Microsoft cause always I login direct with one I used.

Edited by Bryan

• Administrator

Now I believe after you've been online and didn't reply you can read well. :)