Display turned off keyboard not responding

hellohello

Hi everyone,

I am using Win 8.1 x64.

Sometimes, when display is automatically turned off, I can't make the display back.

I tried pressing the on/off button of the monitor and no input message was displayed then it goes black again. Keyboard and mouse no longer responding and unplug and replug those devices will result in the device power lost. The PC itself it still running though.

When this happens, network connection is also cut off. I am sure the PC is not in sleep mode because if it is, the chasis fan will be turned off.

The only way to bring the display back is by pressing the physical restart button of the PC.

I can't reproduce this problem and it seems to happen in random. Most of the time, mouse movement or pressing any keyboard key will bring the display back.

Been googling all around and I can't find a solution yet. These are the windows settings.

In the power option, display turns off after 5 minutes, computer set to never sleep.

USB selective suspend disabled, PCI express link state power management set to off, hybrid sleep and hibernate never, allow wake timer disabled

In device manager, allow computer to turn off this device to save power is unchecked (for keyboard and mouse)

Any idea what's happening? I hope it is not related to hardware problem.

Thanks.

• Replies 2
  • Views 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hellohello

• AlienForce1

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic