Should i go back to windows 7 or stay with win8.1 ?

demoneye

HI

my pc spec is quad q8300 (2.5hz) with 4 giga ram ...

my question is (before i waste my time) should i stay with win8.1 OR switch back to win 7 pro in order to gain more speed ....

afais it ... win7 uses less resources and lighter then win 8.1...

what do u guys suggest me to do ? before i may waste my time setup a new windows 7 machine :D

10x!

• Replies 51
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• demoneye

• Nautilus

• november_ra1n

• Ponting

I'm still with my W7 and happy with it... :dunno:

yeah man why wont ya ? but my question come from IT aspect , if i gain more speed according to my hardware spec? :)

november_ra1n

Sweet, another discussion about Windows 7 vs Windows 8/8.1 we had already 100 similar topic in this forum carry on guys it looks you dont get bored of it.

Edited by november_ra1n

Well-suited one of the old saying:

A matter of taste, said aunt and kissed the cow ...

Or maybe - to one likes daughter, another mother.

Edited by Kalju

IMHO just stick to windows 8.1, If you are really concerned about system performance then go for the Windows 7 x32 Pro/Home Premium Edition.

stay on windows 8.1

Wait for a "lite" version of windows 8+ (they are in the making)

of course the stable os at the moment would be windows 7 x64 (lite version)

Acer travelmate 5320 here using windows 8. I did have win 7 but for me win 8 is running a lot faster and im on 2 gig ram.

Edited by Sonar

Sweet, another discussion about Windows 7 vs Windows 8/8.1 we had already 100 similar topic in this forum carry on guys it looks you dont get bored of it.

this is not my aim , i just want to know from user experience , on their old hardware comparing win 7 and win 8 performance meter :)

10x you all for reply , i still need more direct lead like i install win 8 on this spec and it run faster\slower than win 7 on same spec .

Easy. If you feel that Win 7 is lighter on your PC go ahead and use it.

that my thing , i forget the feeling since win7 was here fresh in about 3 years and more back :D

Use the system that best suits your needs

That the issue , i dont know it was long time ago when i install win 7 , and NOW i am on win8.1 and dont want to install all from scratch, that why i open this thread to hear other users maybe experience .

10x :)

Use whichever OS you like more. Objectively speaking though, Windows 8.1 is lighter on resources. On low RAM machines, it uses about half the RAM as Windows 7.

Use whichever OS you like more. Objectively speaking though, Windows 8.1 is lighter on resources. On low RAM machines, it uses about half the RAM as Windows 7.

Noted :D

Other users don't use your PC.

but some been threw my situation , in fact all :)

Look, you're clever enough to know that every PC is different. Win 8.1 is faster and lighter on my PC than Win 7.

Most of Win 8 and 8.1 users are reporting the same thing. If Win 8 is not light and fast enough for you as Win 7 (you said that) all you have to do is to go back to Win 7. End of story.

If you want to do that, do it.

We (other users) can only talk and write about our experiences.

We don't own your PC.

Or maybe , something else is wrong with your PC.

You've used both systems... what is your own conclusion?

as i said before , how can i recall how my pc was when i first install win7 3 years ago ? i just ask away to save me the time to install win7 again from scratch and find that out :D

Edited by demoneye