[Help] how to view apps running on several ports

geeteam

Hi guys,

I have been running many application on severals port including most server apps, file hosting apps etc...

I need help on how i can view each applications running on each port. others keep blocking eachother.

I googled and come across some apps like MacAfee fports, cports and the rest but didn't really work well for me. (maybe i might not doing it right). I need some guide on how i can view each app running on each port. Thanks...

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• geeteam

• nanoman

• emerglines

• Yorel

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

this can be achieved simply through cmd commands "netstat"

see here samples of comands & switches http://pcsupport.about.com/od/commandlinereference/p/netstat-command.htm

or

Try Net-peeker , AFAIK & See From Using It It shows evry process & service what ports they use value-upd-tcp connection status

I suggest Group edition ,install both console & client

http://www.net-peeker.com/Download/Net-Peeker.Group.3.50.1177.zip

Edited by nanoman

Thanks @nanoman i already tried netstats but could only identified my active connections (if there is any command for netstats to view application and their ports, i will be very grateful to hear)

Net-peeker (more info pls)

AFAIK

Thanks @nanoman i already tried netstats but could only identified my active connections (if there is any command for netstats to view application and their ports, i will be very grateful to hear)

Try out netstat -abn | more

Net-peeker (more info pls)

AFAIK

I suggest Group edition ,install both console & client

http://www.net-peeke...p.3.50.1177.zip

then connect to local host which is your system & voila all details with Gui Support
Also emerglines Suggestion is Good Choice ;)

I use this one as my main tool to identify apps connectivity

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897437.aspx

Edited by nanoman

Thanks @Yorel found a list of netstats help commands

Displays protocol statistics and current TCP/IP network connections.NETSTAT [-a] [-b] [-e] [-f] [-n] [-o] [-p proto] [-r] [-s] [-t] [interval]  -a            Displays all connections and listening ports.  -b            Displays the executable involved in creating each connection or                listening port. In some cases well-known executables host                multiple independent components, and in these cases the                sequence of components involved in creating the connection                or listening port is displayed. In this case the executable                name is in [] at the bottom, on top is the component it called,                and so forth until TCP/IP was reached. Note that this option                can be time-consuming and will fail unless you have sufficient                permissions.  -e            Displays Ethernet statistics. This may be combined with the -s                option.  -f            Displays Fully Qualified Domain Names (FQDN) for foreign                addresses.  -n            Displays addresses and port numbers in numerical form.  -o            Displays the owning process ID associated with each connection.  -p proto      Shows connections for the protocol specified by proto; proto                may be any of: TCP, UDP, TCPv6, or UDPv6.  If used with the -s                option to display per-protocol statistics, proto may be any of:                IP, IPv6, ICMP, ICMPv6, TCP, TCPv6, UDP, or UDPv6.  -r            Displays the routing table.  -s            Displays per-protocol statistics.  By default, statistics are                shown for IP, IPv6, ICMP, ICMPv6, TCP, TCPv6, UDP, and UDPv6;                the -p option may be used to specify a subset of the default.  -t            Displays the current connection offload state.  interval      Redisplays selected statistics, pausing interval seconds                between each display.  Press CTRL+C to stop redisplaying                statistics.  If omitted, netstat will print the current                configuration information once. 

I believe with this i will be able to find what i want...