Old Computers you have revived/using and still working well

Zigen

Bought my PC in April 2009. Nearly 5 years old. Never had any hardware failure till today I can bet on it. Tech Specs are as follows :

Lenovo IdeaCentre K210 5313-1HQ

Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 2.66 Ghz.
2 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 RAM.
320 GB Hitachi HDP725032GLA380 HDD.
256 MB G33/G31 Express Chipset Family.

Intel PRO/100 VE Network Adapter.

High Definition Audio Device.

Presently running Windows 8.1 Pro x86 VL Edition without any lag or any other problem.

Love my PC more than my life. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by grtrocks

• Replies 39
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zigen

• dMog

• Guinness

• earlytv

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought my PC in April 2009. Nearly 5 years old. Never had any hardware failure till today I can bet on it. Tech Specs are as follows :

Lenovo IdeaCentre K210 5313-1HQ

Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 2.66 Ghz.

Eh.... I wouldn't consider a Core 2 Duo system old :lol:

They are still quite mean machines which are capable of Quad Core cpu upgrades :

http://ark.intel.com/products/35428/Intel-Core2-Quad-Processor-Q9650-12M-Cache-3_00-GHz-1333-MHz-FSB

Maybe a Pentium D Dual core would be considered old but I wouldn't classify Core 2 duos in that category just yet....

I buy this 3 years ago -

Core 2 duo E7500

Asus p5g41t mlx

4gb DDR 3

500 GB Seagate

Windows 8.1 is working well on this system . But this is not the best . I will purchase an high end pc in the next few years

:)

Hm.... I ran a 2007 rig until a couple of months ago.

From memory, it was an Intel Dual Core @ 1.8 GHz, ATI X1300 Pro (used to be a Ge Force 8400S, but it died on me), 3GB DDR2 RAM, 160GB hard, shitty Foxconn mobo, several power supplies over the years. All this time, XP was on my machine.

In the end, I kept the casing, HD, CD burner, the peripherals and cables, and invested in some better used equipment. I added a better power supply, small 80GB hard for Win 7, a Gigabyte GA-945PL-S3P mobo, Intel Core Duo E7300 @ 2.8 GHz, same 3GB DDR2 ram, ATI HD 3870, got Win 7 32bit, and that's all.

So it's more like my PC got a liposuction or something. :D I wager it was somewhat rejuvenated, and that it will last for at least the next few years. So I'm runnung an old rig now too. xD However, I spent less than $100 on the upgrade, so I'm happy.

I have and Atari 800 with 64K RAM...Still runs great and plays tons of ancient games..... Have added a modern SD card device to it to use as disk drives.

I also have an IBM XT with 640K RAM, 5MB HD and Hercules Grahics card....Still working and runs great. This was around $5,000 in the early 80s.

Are those old enough for you?

Edited by Beamslider

I have and Atari 800 with 64K RAM...Still runs great and plays tons of ancient games..... Have added a modern SD card device to it to use as disk drives.

I also have an IBM XT with 640K RAM, 5MB HD and Hercules Grahics card....Still working and runs great. This was around $5,000 in the early 80s.

Now that's old!!! Did you manage to get windows 8 running on those? :D

IBM XT... That was my first ever computer, with that noisy 5.25 inch floppy drive! It looked something like this :

ibm-pc-xt.jpg

Hey guys stop posting specs of your machines that are not that old! I do not consider Core 2 Duo that old yet!

core 2 duo is my newest :)

ontopic: i have an athlon 1.2 i plan to revive its actually the cpu from my first pc

now it has 512 ram, and the 4th motherboard

first would freeze, 2&3 integrated video went bust

im really curious if it can play HD videos

• 2 weeks later...

A MS 848P neo2-V

A intel 571 3.8ghz cpu

1gb ram

Win 98se

A stand alone browser that uses firefox 26, temp leave 98se to browser saving any downloads in 98se, then back to 98se.

I have too much 98se software not to use it.

I am on browser now.

Edited by earlytv

Now that's old!!! Did you manage to get windows 8 running on those? :D

IBM XT... That was my first ever computer, with that noisy 5.25 inch floppy drive! It looked something like this :

ibm-pc-xt.jpg

My 1st system was like that and is the only one I did not keep. Ahhhh!

I Consider my Desktop to be outdated, because today we have the i3, i5 and i7 generation four, sata 3, usb 3.0, and my motherboard uses the obsolete ich7 chipset.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 (2.5GHZ)

ASROCK G41M-VS3

8GB RAM DDR3 (1333MHZ)

Western Digital 320GB SATA2

Samsung 1TB SATA2

Seagate 1TB SATA2

ATI Radeon HD 7770 GHZ Edition - 1GB GDDR5

It still runs Windows 8.1 and pretty much everything I use at top speed, but I am thinking to upgrade to an AMD CPU (fx 8350 of fx 9590).

Heathkit H-8 2mhz Z80 processor, 16k ram, perf tape loaded (teletype ASR33)...DEC PDP11-03, all still work, tried using a thumbdrive

couldn't find a USB port.

=Snoopz

Intel PIII Tualatin 1000

Soyo 7BVA U133

1G RAM PC133

Sis 626 AGP 2Mb

HD 80Gb

Mint LXDE

Edited by Edgar.Elooo

• 3 weeks later...

Bwahahah I gave in to temptation and bought a really cheap i5. However I'm still using my P4 everyday Lol. To be honest after using a i5 Quad core, I don't find it that much faster than my old P4! Maybe I'll get a i7 cpu and see if Hyper Threading makes a huge difference.